BITD opens up 7200 Class to new engines

Argentino

RDC Crypto
"I want to drop kick that 3rd grader across the room!" 😂🤣

Well, I didn't test the buggy today because I had to take a trip to AZ to get the trans for the TT. But the good news is...... she got an Albins ST6TT! Freaking Pumped about that!

Will be testing the buggy tomorrow. Gotta get to this night race! Heading to Jean in the morning *if the rain has let up by then. If anyone wants to go, text me 702-561-7185.

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
Ridgeline needs to race TT and stop bullying actual spec trucks. they got Evan Wellar prepping that bad boy so prep wise its solid, I don't see it having any issues as longest the drivers keep their cool, HPD Sends the Mclaren Nerds to tap into the ECU n open up its power N Plus that truck smokes the rear tires up to 3rd gear with its current set up truck n drivers need to step up n not be weenies give the big boys a run for their money

That's adorable you think you can get a 1000hp out of a little V6 and have it live for 1200+ miles in some of the harshest terrain on earth. It sounds so easy!

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
Ran across this video of proctor and the boys out testing the Ridgeline.

Mike

Mike Pyle as he clicks "post reply"

Unknown.jpg

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
Can anyone go buy the Honda Ridgeline motor put it in the same chassis and essentially have the same truck? What has Honda done to that engine or ECU?
It's a fast truck for sure as evident by the KOH race. Could it do well in other classes where it's outgunned? Interesting....

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
cant find v6 , but found hpd civic type r crate eng.' off road / hiway use only',complete , 2 litre,turbo, 306 hp 295 tork at 6500, sounds decent..bet it'll bolt right up👍

Attachments

• 001-typeR-crate-engine-box.jpg
    001-typeR-crate-engine-box.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 002-fk8-typeR-crate-engine.jpg
    002-fk8-typeR-crate-engine.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 003-hpd-harness-ecu.jpg
    003-hpd-harness-ecu.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 21

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
RDC Crypto
Can anyone go buy the Honda Ridgeline motor put it in the same chassis and essentially have the same truck? What has Honda done to that engine or ECU?
It's a fast truck for sure as evident by the KOH race. Could it do well in other classes where it's outgunned? Interesting....
Yes - you can get it directly from HPD as it sits in the truck. it isn't cheap, put its absolutely possible. There are actually a LOT of OEM parts in that motor, more than the average person would even think that there is.

Could it do well in TT? Not against someone like Andy, Luke, Bryce, Rob etc .. There isn't much that can keep up with 1100hp AWD, why race for 5th place?

Jeff and Pat can also really drive.. dont discredit their efforts. Keep in mind, is much more narrow than a 6100 or TT so the way it handles in the 2 track is a huge disadvantage. Not to mention starting behind all of the 6100 trucks and class 10 cars. When you have 60 cars between you and the slowest TT, there is only so much time you can make up while sitting in their dust and stacked up in their log jam.

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Exactly!

One thing that I see continuously on this forum is that guys say (even in this exact thread), "Oh, his car is fast!" without actually saying the driver is.... and it's a slap in the face to the driver. I know first hand that not all of these racers are "Fast" no matter what car they are in. Credit should be given where credit is due. Those guys racing the Honda are fast!

That particular Honda engine is a variation of the production engine. It's a LeMans spec. The Ford version would be what's in the Ford GT.

The real problem with the 7200 class is that they want "Turnkey tagged" engines. But the Fords can't compete without being opened up. They have floating cylinders that have to be machined and braced. Same with the 2.0 and 2.3 engines, any of them that were created in Cleveland, Ohio got a bad supply of head gaskets and won't make it very long. The 2.3 has floating cylinders so the 2.0 block should be used with the 2.3 crank. So the other engine options for the class simply can't truly compete if you're supposed to run tagged engines. Yeah my tagged 2.0 ran hard, but 12lbs of boost is a drop in the bucket and only makes 300HP. My new build on the very same engine makes 800hp at 40lbs....but it can't be ran in that class anymore. Hence the Class 1 plates.

That's why I think the 7200 class should be unlimited mini trick truck up to V6 and the track-width rule. Build your engine however you want and go race it. Either way, I'm not racing that class anymore. That's just my opinion on the matter.

43mod

RDC Crypto
Can the honda enter TY as it is now ? That would be interesting and take the start order out of the issue . Not complaining about it a bit . It would be fun to watch . Kinda like racing street stocks w late models . Makes a few hot shots really silent after the main .

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
thats the best, when a driver in a universe all by him/ herself comes in and shut All the arguing down on diferent class advantages, like Argentino said ,' those guys can drive'!

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
Jeff and pat can no doubt drive. But they are also bringing a gun to a knife fight. I’d love to see it race some competition. They are fun to watch race. they built the truck for that class based on the backing they have, I get that. Hopefully someone builds a v8 with decent reliable HP and goes and gives them some competition. Guess we’ll see

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
have they even dnf'd yet??, are they the new Moss bro's??,seems they hit the magic off road target, that is sooo elusive, everything just ' clicks'👌

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
Jeff and pat can no doubt drive. But they are also bringing a gun to a knife fight. I’d love to see it race some competition. They are fun to watch race. they built the truck for that class based on the backing they have, I get that. Hopefully someone builds a v8 with decent reliable HP and goes and gives them some competition. Guess we’ll see
Why not a V6 truck? The rules are wide open with regards to what you can do with a production based engine, why allow V8s?

joshmx88

RDC Crypto
The idea of the honda truck is nice, anything bringing factory money into the sport seems like a good idea. That truck is not really honda anything, the engine and tune? Even if you could go buy that engine outfitted with the same turbo set up and find a good tune, you still have the rest of the truck that is hand built. Its really in its own class which is dumb for the sport. Make a truck and then open a class for it? Come on guys. It seems silly to spend all that time and money to be a class champ when you raced two other trucks that are nothing like that truck. I guess its cool or maybe just a marketing thing?

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Unless someone comes in with the kind of backing they have I do not think anyone will spend that kind of money on that class to be competitive with them. It is kinda like building the ultimate class 3000 car for a dead class. Who knows I guess we will see what happens.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
The idea of the honda truck is nice, anything bringing factory money into the sport seems like a good idea. That truck is not really honda anything, the engine and tune? Even if you could go buy that engine outfitted with the same turbo set up and find a good tune, you still have the rest of the truck that is hand built. Its really in its own class which is dumb for the sport. Make a truck and then open a class for it? Come on guys. It seems silly to spend all that time and money to be a class champ when you raced two other trucks that are nothing like that truck. I guess its cool or maybe just a marketing thing?
I'm pretty sure most other 7 open trucks are handbuilt as well.....

Do you expect Honda to make the chassis too?

joshmx88

RDC Crypto
Other 7 open trucks? name 3 other than the honda that race regularly. Every time you look at results in that class there are usually only 3 or so entries.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Other 7 open trucks? name 3 other than the honda that race regularly. Every time you look at results in that class there are usually only 3 or so entries.
Mike Frye, Jordan Cochrum, Randy Merritt, Mike McCarthy, Greg Zummwalt here in the states most recently. (Of course, there used to be more)

Tons more in Mexico. Class 7 is POPPIN in MX!!

Soo.... which 7open trucks are NOT hand built?!

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
That’s basically as much factory parts as you get in any racing series except rallying. NASCAR isn’t exactly running stock bodies and engines at Talladega. And this is, we’re told, literally the same engine used in the Acuras racing IMSA.

Racing has been this way for a long time.

McCredie A

RDC Crypto
Not necessarily today but mason built some BA full tube chassis trucks that raced 7U.

Ps: Greg is out of 7U. He made a motor change.