• Forum membership has its advantages....

BITD Parker 425 Race Map.......

INI

Dan McMillin's fan club
looking at the BITD Map for this years race. Looks interesting....Has anyone questioned the "limited Pit Areas"

The Map looks fast and fun. Some new sections.

GO RG

INI

Dan McMillin's fan club
I think out of respect to "other" racers. I should wait. IFyou need one PM me and i will email it to you...

What about the drawing for the race wasnt that supposed to happen on thursday? anyone have any information on that....

INI

Dan McMillin's fan club
link is up...check the my website. GL.

BuzzChaser

Where is the map?

INI

Dan McMillin's fan club
after all the emails sorry guys i guess the link was removed....
I have the "Parker Python" here at work and will post in a minute...

Check back in 5

INI

Dan McMillin's fan club
HERE YA GO....

sorry if you emailed me....

Please email me again and i will do my best to get you the map...

Thanks

INI

Dan McMillin's fan club
is this all you have or do you have the entire course if you have the entire course i would like a copy of that thanks
BIG John,
I have the entire thing just finishing up some last minute edits....
PM me again and i will get that to you tonight

Dave@3F

There are a few really good places to spectate the race (and they are FREE), I am sure that someone one RDC can give directions, I only know from seeing all the people from the race course that Parker gets lots of spectators.

INI

Dan McMillin's fan club
emailed everyone...Anyone else need a copy let me know.

INI

Dan McMillin's fan club
Thank you. If you need a cold beverage and are near our pit don't hesitate to dip your hand in the cooler:D
Awesome thank you....Trying my best to quit Cooler diving :D

BUT you never know....Might stop by for a Latte :p

Jack

So I take it that the map and GPS file is not posted on the BITD website by know, so is there some reson there are nolonger doing this after two years of it? I liked it for team prep, but I guess we have to go back the old way. At least they still alow the prefun run. I hated the days of the secret course until the drivers meeting of a years ago.

OldStroppeTeam

can anyone post the map on here also is spectating allowed anywhere on the course? never been to a bitd race but sounds like its fun
There are a few really good places to spectate the race (and they are FREE), I am sure that someone one RDC can give directions, I only know from seeing all the people from the race course that Parker gets lots of spectators.
There are several spectator areas on the Parker course. They all allow camping, and do not require pit passes.

1> The main pit "Parker Python " area just outside of town, behind the Chevrolet Dealership. I would suggesr that this area is usually FULL of Pit crews, so casual camping space is at best sparse.

2> Shea Rd. This is THE BEST designated spectator/camping area. Access is about 1/2 mile past the Chevy Dealership, past the main pit. Camping is on the bluff overlooking Osborne wash, a very fast,somewaht techinical section. You can also go across to the inbound part of the course, which is a very slow whooped out section, with lots of rocks.

3> Bouse Spectator area, 27 miles east of Parker, then about 3 miles North of Bouse, Spectating is allowed along Bouse Rd. to the CAP canal. past the canal you usually need a pit pass. This is a midly whooped out section with a little speed thrown in.

If any one has any specific questions, PM me I'll be happy to help .

PS if your'e camping, bring firewood. There isn't much naturally occuring around here AND it's getting COLD at night.

JRod

fast-aid.org
There are several spectator areas on the Parker course. They all allow camping, and do not require pit passes.

1> The main pit "Parker Python " area just outside of town, behind the Chevrolet Dealership. I would suggesr that this area is usually FULL of Pit crews, so casual camping space is at best sparse.

2> Shea Rd. This is THE BEST designated spectator/camping area. Access is about 1/2 mile past the Chevy Dealership, past the main pit. Camping is on the bluff overlooking Osborne wash, a very fast,somewaht techinical section. You can also go across to the inbound part of the course, which is a very slow whooped out section, with lots of rocks.

3> Bouse Spectator area, 27 miles east of Parker, then about 3 miles North of Bouse, Spectating is allowed along Bouse Rd. to the CAP canal. past the canal you usually need a pit pass. This is a midly whooped out section with a little speed thrown in.

If any one has any specific questions, PM me I'll be happy to help .

PS if your'e camping, bring firewood. There isn't much naturally occuring around here AND it's getting COLD at night.
This year will make 10 years since I have been to the race in Parker, but if I remember right from growing up, Shea is awesome and used to be one big party- You have speed and crazy passes or a bit of a hike will get you to the "goat trail". Did Bouse one year and that was nice because it wasn't so crowded.

Of course, nothing compares to the old racing on the California side...damn tortoises...