BITD Parker

MikeLeung

Looks like its offical...BITD is gonna have a race in Parker. Does this mean that Whiplash's Parker 400 is out? It seems that the dates are around the same time

Waldo

Safehouse
I think Whiplash runs their 400 in December don't they? Maybe they should combine their classes for a good list of entries.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Baja, the last Parker race was the same weekend as the Laughlin race (how can I forget). It will be interresting. I'm pretty sure Parker wants both races, it's good for there economy.

Racers Only

Waldo

Safehouse
Oh yeah! I forgot. Many people traveled between both and it was interesting to say the least.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

scott

February 7th 2003...... BITD Parker 425.... I think Laughlin will either be 2 weekends before that, or the weekend before. Does anyone know the 2003 Score Schedule ?????

hammer

Nice to see two parker races with in 2 weeks of each other. Nice to see the promoters and the city of Parker really thinking on this one.

John Bitting

Administrator
I was told the land that the Laughlin race is held on was sold and there will no longer be a laughlin race, does anyone know more about this? I wonder what Score would do to replace this race...

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
If they were smart they would run Parker, but then there would probably be 3 races in Parker in the same month.

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

mustafa

BRING BACK THE FIREWORKS 250. Barstow in January sounds good to me.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
That would be awesome.

Kris

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Nope, but the Fireworks 250 is the [censored]!

Kris

martininsocal

having different series and promoters is notthe problem, the problem is too many dates with like class racing. if the series were built upon a stair step principle with beginner classes, sportsman classes, semi-pro and pro classes and they raced at different times, then car counts, etc...would not be the problem they are. people should be able to graduate up to a higher class as they develop skill and ability as well as the financial where with all to afford to do what they want. class 9 pays teh same entry fee as class 1 at score events, yet who is more likely to be able to afford the fee?
it was tried a few times in the past having some separation between the races. nascar has winston and busch and all the other support classes below them. they work their series so the races are on different days. it seems to work for the series and helps develop some space between the big name brands and the not so big name brands. i think that is one thing that turns some potential sponsors off to this sport. if there was a tv package, there is the possibility of "joes' garage and hubcap repair" getting just as much time on tv as taco bell or ford. the trophy trucks ran their own races for a while, but the low entry numbers made for some yawner tv when only 4 trucks were in it at the end. the huge gaps in fonoshingtimes also hurt the program because it is hard for the spectator(uneducated in the sport) to understand who won what class and why? they see a car come across the finish line and that is how they place cars. in shortcourse, nascar, dragracing, open wheel, etc...first place is usually the firts car across the finish line.
reduction of classes will help, but so will a new entry fee structure, races that cater to the spectator(and ultimately bring in more sponsor money for the racers), and some calendar control on race dates.
the grass roots are working now, with groups like pro dirt, pro 1600, protruck, etc...

If your gonna go, go BIG