BITD: Partnership With Martelli Brothers Ends; North America’s Largest Off-Road Series Looks Confidently Ahead

MTPyle

Reaction
I am with Cynicwanderer. its for sure the Motorcycle and quads fault. Hehe

Those crazy guys make everyone get up too early. Thats why we race trucks I can roll out of bed at 9am and make it to staging. LOL

Mike

jon coleman

Reaction
evan when they go to mcains valley to practice, ' go riding this weekend?, sunday?, what time, ? 6:00 am??, what are you people, on dope??

Jimmy8

Reaction

jon coleman

Reaction
yup, except not going around backside of sprstin mountain, one of my last races it got squirrelly w- holiday traffic, one of the one cars i heard pulled out cause of cross traffic, me im for a ' run what u brung fun type.safty inspect than a noon start, landrush , burning tires, freeforall.that will never happen.....who has the old mdr - blm permits?

Charlietuna

Reaction
yup, except not going around backside of sprstin mountain, one of my last races it got squirrelly w- holiday traffic, one of the one cars i heard pulled out cause of cross traffic, me im for a ' run what u brung fun type.safty inspect than a noon start, landrush , burning tires, freeforall.that will never happen.....who has the old mdr - blm permits?

I think that's one of the biggest impediments to a NYE race nowadays (or any holiday weekend, really)....there's a TON more people that go to Superstition/Plaster City now than there was back then. And the vast majority of them probably have no idea about off road racing on public lands and the do's and don'ts of it.

Kilian

_
Reaction
I like BITD because they still put on long distance off-road races for motos/quads and they try to make them as safe as feasible. big kudos for being able to convince them to add moto/quads to M400 this year.

We had been trying to convince Casey to bring the bikes back since 2014.

johndjmix

Reaction
+1 for bringing back Barstow to Vegas. Only got to see it on tv as a kid.

—John

tapped1069

George of the Jungle
Reaction
+2 on B2V!! sounds like a good project for Mad Media!! ;) What a great 3 race series for bikes and cars

J Prich

Reaction
I bet B2V would be a really tough nut to crack. Another one of those things that if it were reasonable to pull off, someone likely would have attempted it already.

jon coleman

Reaction
you see , we need a ' salesman(woman, ect) to sell a b2v as an ecologically sound investment& conservation of our Precious deZert resource's, some how get the mig 29 cat to get some wind& solar powered entrys to do eco- friendly feel good storys on and sell it to major sponsors as a " green" race, evan have a segment of a race car driver saving a precious dZZert tortious, sound familiar?, plus this could be a new years point to point race conducted safely because it will run trough a blm gauntlet, no holiday lost desert virgin bunnys criss crossing the course in there sxs's, & think about the hype of finishing IN vegas on new years at around 9-10 pm.winna winna.....

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Dave, do you have some secret trail that is NOT inside the Desert Preserve that follows the B2V route and is allowed for competitive speed events? Please share!!!

jon coleman

Reaction
thats why this requires a ' salesperson, i mean when it comes to" green" the wind mill lobby gets a pass on hacking up condors& other endangerd species, not to mention solar farms cooking thousands of birds, its all relative.if its sold as " fighting climate change" ( how do we know if- when we won fight?), you get a p.c. pass and we can run our green b to v race and save the planet from global climate warming man made climate changing weather

green787

Reaction
Barstow to Vegas was back when green was just a color... Maybe it could be done again with more concern for the wildlife.... IDK.... Interesting comments at the 6:00 mark......

Last edited:

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Yes Dave, Please share !!!!

I dont have it dialed yet. But I truly believe nothing is impossible if you work hard enough. B2V is not the hardest part of what I have been dreaming up and trying to get done. I want the race to start in Ensenada and end in Vegas. You would be surpriaed what can be accomplished when you dont stop moving forward