• Forum membership has its advantages....

BITD Press Policy

So what are we (media people) gonna do about this? It was already hard as it was to get to a decent shooting location...so now what? Do we go to extremes and boycott, lol, or just stay in their designated spots (pits and start/finish?) so we can all get the exact same shot.......

Victor Fabian
www.stuck-throttle.com</A>

Eric

why not ask to be invited to the marking of the course and scout a location to shoot while it is being marked. After finding several locations, request that you be allowed to shoot at one or several of the locations. This will provide Casey with accountability from you as the only photographer allowed at that spot and also give you a chance to find a decent location to shoot from that no one else in allowed to use.

Just a thought.

Eric
-------------------
Z-YA Racing

Cameron

Ya, wouldn't it be great if you could save time like you can money?
well I guess that wouldn't work, because I don't have any money!!!

<font color=red>Cameron</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>BRAT Racing # 936</font color=yellow>

Waldo

Safehouse
I thought you could buy time???

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Jack

I see the problem with taking down course markers, but if you are just out taking photos, and have no afiliation with a participating race team and you do not sell your photos to BITD. How can they or the BLM tell you that you can not be on public land?

Waldo

Safehouse
I think once the event promoter has a permit to stage an event in a certain area, s/he is liable for things such as people located in the area stated on the permit. This includes drunks or other dip$!its who ruin it for the professional and respectful spectators/media/chasers on or around the course. Once the course is marked the promoter has the option of taking necessary measures to ensure the safety of all involved. It is a bummer that it comes down to covering your butt with every little thing that could cause a problem.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

blazersracing

I seems to me like everybody wants to look to someone else to blame. I know that there is still some times when the locals take down course markers and try to get the racers turned around or lost somewhere. And there is also times when 1 of the cars will hit the marker and knock it down, leaving the rest of the field without any way of knowing where to go. Or there is times when just good 'ol MOTHER NATURE takes down markers. The thing is, everyone who pre-ran the course should have known about the hazzard. And the people who didnt pre-run should have know that there are some hazzards out there.
Casey has to do what he has to do. But he should remember "innocent until proven guilty".
There was no course markers on that jump at any time during the bike race or even the night before the race. There was, however, 40-60 MPH wind gusts all night long. Does it sound reasonable that such a strong wind could have knocked down a marker or 2? I have video of the last 2 years at the same jump, and all 3 drivers( Weyrich, Troy Herbst and Kevin McGillivary) were very very conservative over the jump. When did they forget that it was such a hazzard? Probably when they were thinking of what they were going to say on the Podium.......

isnt that the same jump that robby hit 2 or 3 years ago, then craig turner the following year (with a nasty tumble), then this year.....well everyone saw. I would understand such drastic action taken by bitd, but not because if this (last) one incident. Oh well, im pretty sure we'll still be out there, in our desert camo though, trying to get that one shot.