BITD QUALIFYING V2R

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Not a great race course for a UTV playing Class 1500 to play on.................but so be it.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
So this is interesting. 1511 is on Guthrie utv but that number is registered under the guy that beat him at Silverstate in the real class 1 car. Did they team up? Lol
Wasn’t sure if you were trolling or not. He took second overall at ss300 with 1511 on the side of his car also….. the winner was 1502.

Winning car from last race isn’t even signed up.

The “draw result” list has many inaccuracies and mis spelled names.

Mitch is signed up in the pro r class. With all the other pro r’s

Advertising supports this site

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Wasn’t sure if you were trolling or not. He took second overall at ss300 with 1511 on the side of his car also….. the winner was 1502.

Winning car from last race isn’t even signed up.

The “draw result” list has many inaccuracies and mis spelled names.

Mitch is signed up in the pro r class. With all the other pro r’s

If you look at the list it has 1511 barbieri qualifying at v2r with the other class 1 cars. That name was under the 1502 that won Silverstate. Why is his name next to the 1511 on the qualifying sheet. Is 1511 not a Guthrie number?

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
If you look at the list it has 1511 barbieri qualifying at v2r with the other class 1 cars. That name was under the 1502 that won Silverstate. Why is his name next to the 1511 on the qualifying sheet. Is 1511 not a Guthrie number?
Go to the real entry list.

Old Truck Guy

RDC Crypto
I was at the last 5 SCORE Riverside off road world championship races where all classes did a land rush start. It wasn't smooth either. Maybe 30 heavy metal vehicles side by side heading into a 1/4 mile of long deep rollers followed by a decent rise-up jump just as the path turned left going into the 1st turn. MAYBE 1 in 10 times at best there would be a crash before the 1st turn (turn 6 at the grand stands). That was with multiple classes starting side by side. It was all but guaranteed that Walker and Hall were banging doors going into the first turn. But they NEVER took each other out. Just clean hard racing.
I agree that 90% of the time you crash yourself because the adrenaline of fighting for the highest position prior to the first turn. Just like trying to pass a slower vehicle in his dust at race speeds, patience is needed. So what if you start 1 position deeper in the field. Pit strategy or flat tires will usually lend itself to you being aside or in front of the guy that started in front of you anyway. If adrenaline causes you to take chances in side by side qualifying, you will most likely take similar risks during the race.
There are only 3 or 4 trucks/drivers that can check out from the pole and never look back. Everyone else is dicing for the remaining positions.
Drivers who know that qualifying 1 position lower jeopardizes their chances of a victory in a 500 mile race have a last name starting with an "M"!

dan200

Whistle Blower
RDC Crypto
This is gonna be pretty interesting to watch. Some really good match ups.

quals.jpg

And check out the weather! Looks like they wont need any water trucks.
rain.jpg

dan200

Whistle Blower
RDC Crypto
Real question is,

Who is Guthrie (in his ProR Class 1) going to qualify side-by-side with?

Get it? Side by side? Okay... time for mittens.
1. That SXS pun was funny.

2. I don't get the mittens joke.

3. TGIF

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
2. I don't get the mittens joke.
The king maker, I think it was, suggested our favorite Utah spec racer keep a set of mittens near the keyboard to throw on when the urge to post flares up…

You didn’t hear it from me 😉

Andre

RDC Crypto
I always Liked Mc illin better anyways... Good spelling is like books. It' just for rich people.

Not understanding your reply, but not important.

What I'm referring to regarding the 'D' removal is TT 69 is incorrectly spelled as Steadman. Should be Steimann.

Baja Bryan

RDC Crypto
If anyone has a empty seat for qualifying in 6100, 1000, or pro turbo send me a PM. I am racing in TT but helps to make some notes in other classes. I think I can help anyone with a open seat. On recon lap I can mark every corner and jump to help hit things right speed. I think can be beneficial for both.

dan200

Whistle Blower
RDC Crypto
Not understanding your reply, but not important.
I would say it was a joke but, traditionally jokes are funny. Mine wasn't so that's why you're confused.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
If anyone has a empty seat for qualifying in 6100, 1000, or pro turbo send me a PM. I am racing in TT but helps to make some notes in other classes. I think I can help anyone with a open seat. On recon lap I can mark every corner and jump to help hit things right speed. I think can be beneficial for both.
Nothing really to mark. Ran the course today myself. If you can’t memorize this course first lap you shouldn’t be driving.every single jump except the typical CORR track stuff is going to be as fast as you can go out of the turn/ etc at the jumps. Only lift if youre scared basically. I did One slow lap, then full speed the next one like i was Qualifying. It’s going to be fun!

Edit= I’m not racing, and was asked to run the course and make sure things will be safe for the SXS‘s off the jumps.

Baja Bryan

RDC Crypto
If you can’t memorize this course first lap you shouldn’t be driving.
"shouldn’t be driving " lol . There is always something that can be done to help a driver. 1st to 5th could be only 1 second difference. At SS300 qualifying in that same spot it helped a lot to run Class 10 then TT spec before TT. There is a perfect speed for some of those big jumps. 5mph over can be a hard flat landing. SS300 had a 2 spots that you wanted to lift and staying in the gas on those helps.