BITD - Race Director Leaves

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Making a lot of massive leaps here to assume anyone even wants to sell BITD right now lol. I mean maybe but, again we’re making a ton of assumptions based on very little available info. Maybe like many companies, they are just looking to find new help and keep moving forward.

But I would just say that I think there could be value in BITD beyond the tangible stuff a person would physically get, depending on who you are and what your motivation is. The addition by subtraction could be a motivator too if the sale ever became a real possibility.

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
HDRA...............that didnt work out well...........
at this point BITD is BLM event date status/permits and some stuff in a building in Boulder, NV
Id buy it but my Amazon credit card is at its limit and Pyle would be banned for 2 seasons till his damn motor wasnt a threat to the UTVs starting in sportsman.............

Advertising supports this site

Ikaika

RDC Crypto
Hmmmm,..........didn't Dave Cole recently become available after departing from what he had built ?!?!

One has to think that Mr. Cole would be "prime candidate" to patch the holes in the sinking ship.

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
Speculating x2 here but IF they sold, presumably the new owner would likely be under a probationary period with new permits. Presumably BITD has already been working on the permits for their most upcoming races as far as 8-12 months out I'd guess.
IIRC, in kalifornistan the annual meeting for the next year's dates was held in August. If Nevada is similar, that date is gonna be here pretty quickly.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
I am sure Dave already has something cooking. He does not seem like the guy to sit back and retire.

The only real value BITD has is the permits. Which according to the BLM you can not sell permits and they are not to have value. At least that’s how I assume it is. I bought a snowmobile tour biz in Wyoming that had permits and it was a mess to take them over.

The brand is worth something but not much. There isn’t much in processes that are dialed and those can be replicated easily.

If you look at BITD value as a business it’s only as good as it’s latest revenue, especially since I assume it’s been less this year than previous years.

I think it can be a good buisness for someone and it clearly made enough to pay 3 chiefs.

It will be interesting to see what happens. But my guess is Legacy Baja Nevada entry just went up.

Mike

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Same other than places like Caliente where there is only 2 4 wheel permits per year, with BITD, SNORE and Legacy all trying for dates, so someone gets bummped next year.

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Dave would be terrible for BITD, he didnt do well with Vorra, the Sons wont sell to him.
Martellis maybe, Roger never, Cole same, Casey had specific wishes and those wont be changed.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
You are assuming they will have choices. My guess is not many of those options would consider it.

At the end of the day they may take bottom dollar from some random guy with a dream once they realize they are screwed, which they may never do.

I see a lot of captains go down with ships they thought could still float.

The best option they have is to find a super star race director. But it’s going to be hard to find smart guys to take that risk.

Mike

J Prich

RDC Crypto
This also assumes that there aren't any rich racers, or a rich couple of racers, that would be interested in being CEO's for the sake of making sure they have a place they like to race. Again, so many variables here, lol. Anyway, happy Friday!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
One thing is for sure. I would hate to have a business that is openly discussed on a forum by a bunch of opinionated dudes.

Haha what a mess. I feel bad for them having to read all of this. Including my post. Sorry guys.

Mike

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Just to end this on a Friday afternoon stewing
BITD has had a pretty regular change over in staff, but so has U4/KOH, im sure if you talked with people who have left both groups, you would hear the same points of view.

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
cant belittle and scream at some volunteers who come out and camp in the desert for a week and half and not have some repercussions. Prove me wrong
How did VORRA do?
I have seen first hand how you treat people at times and learned to never accept that again in a volunteer role.

FourLow

RDC Crypto
Oh boy.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
Id say sign me up, but the work Jeff and his family did is truly mind boggling. Same with Donald and his clan. Jeff was awesome, I’ll for sure miss him at the helm. The race donald and team are putting on so far this week is amazing. What a fun course they put together! Curious to see whose next

ndvalium

Rescue Director
RDC Crypto
In 2017 BITD proved no one is irreplaceable. The 27 roles that Casey held and did very well just took a little time and creativity to absorb and redistribute. Races continued to happen and some great entry numbers and memories were made.

In 2020, the sky was falling with the departure of Donald, Liz and a lot of the sports most knowledgeable and dedicated volunteers. New staff and new ideas came in and still, races continued to happen and some great entry numbers continued.

The loss of Jeff and his family will be felt but it will also be overcome. Jeff, Sue, Megan, and Ashley have become my friends the last year and whatever. I know this was not an easy choice and the ramifications will include others that they brought with them into the sport. But I also have zero doubt that races will continue.

The sport is always evolving. The schedules are always juggling. Even the race locations for all promoters are always in motion. Stability is really one step from staleness. We walk a very fine line.

I love this sport.

I consider each promoter I work for in any capacity part of my family. From those that give me hug every time they see me to those that would prefer to just have us sit in a corner and hand out bandaids as needed. We as a team will continue to be there for each group as long as they want us to be. We remain committed 100%.

I look forward to all the great stuff each group has planned for the rest of the year. I look forward to hopefully a better planned 2023 for everyone! But regardless, we will make it work to continue to serve the racers!

sb4pro

RDC Crypto
I’d like to see one of the racers ( still active or retired ) buy it and take over . I could easily see Rob Mac , RG , Cam , Herbst , or even Ivan or Walker in charge .