BITD - Race Director Leaves

stonehole

RDC Crypto
Maybe he got tired of listening to George talk at the finish line...🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Press release on bitd facebook....BTW ,i have known George for 50 + yrs ,and the effort and expenses are a lot to try and keep you guys happy....George is knowledgable and has a long history in and of the desert....most of you arn't happy with any body

Advertising supports this site

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Press release on bitd facebook....BTW ,i have known George for 50 + yrs ,and the effort and expenses are a lot to try and keep you guys happy....George is knowledgable and has a long history in and of the desert....most of you arn't happy with any body

Not true. The guy that has been doing the BITD video interviews that I think works for MavTV is really good. The Score guys are really good. So it is possible to make “us” happy.

George is the worsts there is, period. Don’t make me post my clips of him doing our interviews. It’s embarrassing for BITD. George just wants to talk to himself. He may be a good guy and super knowledgeable but he is not a good Mesa MC.

Mike

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
RDC Crypto
Not true. The guy that has been doing the BITD video interviews that I think works for MavTV is really good. The Score guys are really good. So it is possible to make “us” happy.

George is the worsts there is, period. Don’t make me post my clips of him doing our interviews. It’s embarrassing for BITD. George just wants to talk to himself. He may be a good guy and super knowledgeable but he is not a good Mesa MC.

Mike
I know you are a lightening rod, mostly cause you stand on top of the mountain, in a thunderstorm, in a speedo, waving metal objects, yelling "Look at me"

But in this case, you arent wrong.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
the first time I read that I thought you said I was wrong. Glad I reread it.

But Dave that is a perfect description of what I do. Haha 😂 classic.

Mike

MAC56

RDC Crypto
One of the things that first made me race with BITD was the dedication the volunteers have to each other, George is and always has been a dedicated volunteer. While you could pay someone to do the job that would make you happy it takes more than money to have friends that would give their best they can for their friends. Loyalty and friendship matter to me far more than a perfect finish line interview. The worst there is , is no place to race, no volunteers because a racer who takes themselves too seriously fails to understand what is really important in the reality of putting on a race.
I have fond memories of every finsh line victory interview with George.

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
BITD keeps making posts and videos on social media saying “business as usual” which may be 100% true, but the more they do it the more it feels the opposite. And anyway, is “business as usual” a good way to get people excited for V2R or to come race their series? Doesn’t sound like a great advertising slogan to me.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
It’s a good thing there is no limit on how many post you can delete. Haha

I think I am on 4 today.

Mike

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
One of the things that first made me race with BITD was the dedication the volunteers have to each other, George is and always has been a dedicated volunteer. While you could pay someone to do the job that would make you happy it takes more than money to have friends that would give their best they can for their friends. Loyalty and friendship matter to me far more than a perfect finish line interview. The worst there is , is no place to race, no volunteers because a racer who takes themselves too seriously fails to understand what is really important in the reality of putting on a race.
I have fond memories of every finsh line victory interview with George.
i could not agree more. I’ve spent the better part of the last 5 years beating my vehicles up in the desert working races, spending countless days well into the night helping racers get their cars on trailers and rescuing them out of the desert. The volunteers are amazing people. From what I know, George gets paid to do these interviews, he is not a volunteer.

On occasion I get to race the races, and finishing silver state one of the biggest sighs of relief I ever had even after our day of problems and driving the last 100 miles with no power steering, was as we sat in line to be interviewed, we saw Ashley Phillips walk on stage to do our interview. No awkwardness, she knows who the racers are and cares to learn a little bit about them.

George is usually awesome, been around forever. But he does zero research any more, doesn’t know any of the newer drivers unless your suit says redbull or you have a major corporate sponsor. If you have a history with him you get a 15 minute interview that backs the line up to 100+ cars deep, if he doesn’t know you he says your name wrong and makes weird jokes and is almost mean about it. I’ve got not beef with george, just think the person doing the interviews should have a little skin in the CURRENT racing game. Not just be an old timer of the sport that’s been doing this job for 30 years. I’m happy george treats you well on the interview @MAC56 , because when he has interviewed us it’s always been short, awkward, and felt like he was rushing us off the stage after he just interviewed jim beaver for 15 minutes and told a 5 minute long story about a car dealership before we rolled up after them. But he doesn’t know me, or the teams I used to race with. While he knows you.

MAC56

RDC Crypto
Just for reference, George knows me because I volunteer when im not racing, flag monitor, check points, spectator area ( never again), staging, finish line and timing bus. When something is important to me and things could go better I like to research how things could go better, walk in their shoes. When I make suggestions it is to help. Casey, Daryl,Donald and Liz all became very important to me for what is / was inside them as leaders in a thankless world.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
George is better than other orgs with no mesa or interview and after a win you get a bottle of water and a hey nice you finished....... not even knowing what place your in. My first race away from bitd I was like wtf that's it? Very different at smaller orgs. Hopefully they get things straight and things get back to normal at bitd we all need them if your a racer.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Just for reference, George knows me because I volunteer when im not racing, flag monitor, check points, spectator area ( never again), staging, finish line and timing bus. When something is important to me and things could go better I like to research how things could go better, walk in their shoes. When I make suggestions it is to help. Casey, Daryl,Donald and Liz all became very important to me for what is / was inside them as leaders in a thankless world.

Mac

Yes we understand that you have a relationship with George. But you can’t discount the experiences others like myself and Robert have had.

Robert is a huge volunteer for BITD. And yet George has no idea who he is and does not seem to care. He has his old buddies and that’s great. But his job is not to be the good old boys club. He is a job and it’s easy to evaluate his performance.

Mike

nohandslance

RDC Crypto
Let BITD die and after one year off, no 'Rawhide" pit you will be salivating to race again with any or organization that scoops up the ashes.

Lance

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
RDC Crypto
Website
www.mikesracephoto.com
I'm just wondering when BITD will get a wind sock for their microphone. I can only stand so much wind noise before it hurts my ears and I click on something else. If I can't hear what anyone is saying, what's the point of watching?