BITD - Race Director Leaves

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
We have to finish a race to make it interesting. Haha

Connor has drove around the finish interview twice to avoid George. So even when we finish now we still don’t talk to him.

Mike

Advertising supports this site

Somer

RDC Crypto

Connor has drove around the finish interview twice to avoid George. So even when we finish now we still don’t talk to him.

Mike

Mike
I vote next BITD finish you fellas drive right up on the Mesa, grab the microphone from George and do your own interview. Maybe even interview George... 😂😂😂

landshark

RDC Crypto
Hell Mike, you and your team need to be more assertive at the finish line, who cares who interviews you, take over (take the mic if they will let you) - look into the camera or interviewer and state your name, team and thank who you need to and how tough the course was - how silty, dusty and crappy it was getting past all those donkeys out there, how amazing it was to have such a bad ass crew that helped you make the finish line and enjoy the fact you made it. If you know they are going to ramble on about that hole in one they got at Silverlakes back in 86 then take over.

For us, we are ecstatic to make every single finish and you bet your ass if I have a chance to drive up to the finish/mesa or whatever and have even 5 seconds of some kind of media coverage for my wife and friends I will take it every-single-time.

One-Eyed Peter

RDC Crypto
Hell Mike, you and your team need to be more assertive at the finish line, who cares who interviews you, take over (take the mic if they will let you) - look into the camera or interviewer and state your name, team and thank who you need to and how tough the course was - how silty, dusty and crappy it was getting past all those donkeys out there, how amazing it was to have such a bad ass crew that helped you make the finish line and enjoy the fact you made it. If you know they are going to ramble on about that hole in one they got at Silverlakes back in 86 then take over.

For us, we are ecstatic to make every single finish and you bet your ass if I have a chance to drive up to the finish/mesa or whatever and have even 5 seconds of some kind of media coverage for my wife and friends I will take it every-single-time.
When you do eventually win, drive up the ramp at full speed and break some photographers legs. Then you will lose your win.

TrailReady

ADVERTISER
RDC Crypto
Website
www.trbeadlocks.com
George is a nice fellow and has a great racing family. I just do what they do on TV, (with loud racing sounds in the background) "I didn't hear what you ask, but I want to thank blah blah blah..................

ProfessionalPitMan

RDC Crypto
BITD keeps making posts and videos on social media saying “business as usual” which may be 100% true, but the more they do it the more it feels the opposite. And anyway, is “business as usual” a good way to get people excited for V2R or to come race their series? Doesn’t sound like a great advertising slogan to me.
I worked for a company that was sold to a monster sized company. We had more meetings telling us everything is normal than all of the meetings I had been to my 5 years there, and the phrase "no harm" was thrown out in every one of them. In true Office Space fashion (which is funny because it happened in Austin where the movie was written and made) the place was gutted, good people let go, worthless people retained and promoted and the environment went to crap. I gave up after two months post changes. You are right, the more somebody tells me everything is all normal the less I want to believe it!

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
being interviewed after 8-10 hours behind the wheel is like a phone call in the morning BeFoRe your first cup of coffee, your all confused, mouth is all polluted, cant think straight, yuck, i say have a timer on the interview& let the driver Or co driver, have the mike, it IS a great feeling being at the finish line though😀

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Mike, I read my comment that I posted above and thought it might come across as rude so I just wanted to clarify. As I am not an intellectual, I blurted out “at least someone wants to talk to you”. What I meant to say is to take advantage of every opportunity you get on the podium to promote your sponsors and have the 15 seconds of fame.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
I didnt think your comment was rude at all. I got what you were saying.

Trust me if I was in the truck for the interview I would go up there and go toe to toe with George. Would be fun. Clearly I have not problem running my mouth. Haha

But Connor and Carson as exactly opposite of me. They hate talking to people. They are the strong silent type and only talk if its really needed and important. They dread being interviewed but Connor says the SCORE guys make it easier and fun. George does not, he is literally the worst.

I would love to have George do the Gomer Pyle joke with me. Been dealing with that all my life from jerks that think they are funny.

Mike

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
I don’t care for the pressure of the camera either. I’m not exactly an outgoing guy either. But every time I come home my gramps is fired up on the interviews. They sit around all day waiting at home for us to roll up on the podium for tech and the finish line. Very small price to pay.

It’s also really cool building a relationship with figures of our community. When we come up and they know the “Hagle Bros” and know about my dads past success in the sport, it’s pretty cool. Last year they had no clue who we were. Being a buggy dork isn’t very rewarding most times, but when grandpa thinks his grandkids are big shot Baja winners you can’t exactly put a price on that.

I plug BFG to death on the podium by the way. You’d think they were paying us. We finally worked a deal and even got some racer tshirts. Totally worth the time.

Fifty

RDC Crypto
As a "professional" spectator I can tell you that we watch the interviews hoping that there will be something said that was not in the official statement release. Basically the real story about something that happened during the race, or some piece of tech info...

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Not to get back on topic but is the real story that BITD is not replacing Jeff and just winging it?

I know back when covid hit I heard that if they could not do a race it was going to shut them down. They were that tight and close that if one race didnt happen they were done. And that was after many great races that had good numbers under Donald. The numbers have been worse since so I assume they are still one race away from not making it.

With uncertainty will trucks and pro classes that pay the larger entry fees show up to V2R and take a risk? With Baja Nevada being 650 miles it takes over for the longest race in the states. What does V2R bring for the premium racers?

Sure makes me wonder about how they will make it thru this. them saying business as usual is not comforting. LOL

We are not planning on V2R anyway and may only Run Laughlin BITD this year.

On the the other hand maybe they will be better off with the brothers running things and not spending time fighting with race directors. LOL and now thats one less large salary to pay. So who knows. One thing I have learned is never underestimate someone that has no choice but to make something happen. When you back people up in a corner that can impress you. Maybe this is what the boys needed.

Either way it will be interesting to see how the market reacts to the PR.

Mike

Fifty

RDC Crypto
It always surprises me that when a business is failing and it’s always been staffed by insiders who continually say “this is how we always did it” and “it’s best practices”…

…never bother to look for management/leadership from outside the industry to give a fresh look.

What are the gaps that insiders won’t see… what solutions are there that insiders don’t know about.

Semper Gumby

Charlietuna

RDC Crypto
Hmmmm,..........didn't Dave Cole recently become available after departing from what he had built ?!?!

One has to think that Mr. Cole would be "prime candidate" to patch the holes in the sinking ship.

Notice @Dave Cole 4454 hasn't denied the speculation? ;):D

I don't know Dave and he doesn't know me, but I just had to join in....

/hoping there's no major changes to KOH2023

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
No Dave sold Ultra4 but kept KOH. at least thats how I understood it.

Given his thread on market research I assume he is working on something. LOL

Mike