BITD - Race Director Leaves

Advertising supports this site

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
If Dave wanted to have a stand alone desert racing series he would probably just create one.
but getting the permits ive read on rdc threads is the sticking point, to start with all new races is darn near impossible , easier to utilize existing permits, thats how i understand it, more insight on this much appreciate

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
but getting the permits ive read on rdc threads is the sticking point, to start with all new races is darn near impossible , easier to utilize existing permits, thats how i understand it, more insight on this much appreciate
Dave is pretty good at getting permits. I mean he started the fastest growing series in the country and KOH is the second largest public land use permit in the USA.
I remember this one time California let him have a ten day long party with like 25k people on a lake bed during Covid lockdown.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Aside from a couple of exceptions where areas/counties have restrictions on the number of events they will permit per year, anyone can attempt to secure one. Probably a probationary period for a new org, but it’s not all that hard to do in most cases.

Charlietuna

RDC Crypto
thats good, if Dave is ready to really step up to the big League's, get a Superstition / Plaster city race date, 😬
1653106813891.gif

Chas Moore

RDC Crypto
Website
battlebornoffroad.net
Sell it to Robby or the Martellis. Marketing machines that can inject needed cash to the sport and make it a mainstream thing

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
LOL

Results weeks later and no penalties? Come on. This has to be a joke.

Mike

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
Sell it to Robby or the Martellis. Marketing machines that can inject needed cash to the sport and make it a mainstream thing
Neither of them need it. They can and have already shown they can perform without buying a series. In all honesty, on a business level what would they be getting? Its not like BITD has millions in assets, right?

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
I chuckle when I see Robby mentioned in promoting a offroad series, more than a few can remember being left hanging from him trying his hand in making a event happen.
Lets face it, not a lot of folks are gonna spend their money on something that might or might not happen.............

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Yeah, I think the BLM is BS too.

But the point of the question was regarding the masque of "friends".

There are no "friends" in business if everyone actually understands the structure. By this I mean that everyone associated with a business or as an agent thereof should all be seen as EMPLOYEES and have a duty assigned. They should ALL answer to THE BUSINESS first, as the business is boss, not the other way around. I think that's the issue with most people trying to run something like this. They think they can sit back and delegate.

I don't care if you're my friend, if you can't do your job, you're fired. We can be friends outside of work. As well, if someone isn't doing the job to the fullest extent possible, I would be doing what is best for the company and having feelers to get the person who is. I do not believe in seniority. I believe in results and production.

For over a decade now, I used this man behind the curtain thing to keep people from thinking I was the boss or the owner. I would always say that "my brother" owned my companies and all the guys that were working right there beside me were none the wiser. Some of my clients would tell me to tell him, "Hi" all the time. I ate it up. That is because the business is what I was working for. That is how it should be. It's the only method that works for the long haul.

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
Aside from a couple of exceptions where areas/counties have restrictions on the number of events they will permit per year, anyone can attempt to secure one. Probably a probationary period for a new org, but it’s not all that hard to do in most cases.
Gotta feeling that once gas hits $10/ga none of that is going to matter. When volunteers have to drop an extra $500 to help out at each event some will bite the bullet and continue, but many more will have to stay home. Thanks Joe!

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
RDC Crypto
as long as the back of Superstion& Gypsum road are used, i would love to see the big blue M pushing 900 awd hp down that road😵

One my test loops goes up Gypsum Rd and turns right after the “notch.” It’s a lot different in the AWD vs the 1600 or even the Class 1. It looks the same as it did the last time we raced it!

DTA 55

RDC Crypto
One my test loops goes up Gypsum Rd and turns right after the “notch.” It’s a lot different in the AWD vs the 1600 or even the Class 1. It looks the same as it did the last time we raced it!
More interested in the backside.

Gypsum and the notch is interesting but the backside is plain nasty.

I think last time it got ran was 2007 MDR? I'd have to pull out some old maps.