• Forum membership has its advantages....

BITD schedule

JasonHutter

I have been looking for the BITD schedule for the 2002 race season and can't find it on their website. I am not a member of BITD, does anyone have that schedule? I am looking for the Vegas to Reno dates in particular.

Thanks,
Jason
Fire Guys Racing

JCA

Jason it is on their site. A link is on their home page right above the title "Class Champions" and is titled (in bold) "2002 BITD race season schedule". Hope this helps.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

JasonHutter

Wow, I don't wear glasses yet. Maybe I need to!

Jimmy8

BITD is not running the V to R race in 2002. Instead they are running the Nevada 1000, and I believe it is in June 3 weeks after the Baja 500. The 1000 will be run in 3 different legs on 3 different days similar to the Nevada 2000 last year. The first leg will be Vegas to Ely (300 miles), the second will be Ely to Tonopah (300 miles), and the 3rd will be Tonopah to Vegas (400 miles). Sounds like a really expensive race to run to me, with the added expense of all those hotel rooms each night.

PMC Racing

DMSCHASE

It may be a expensive race but I am sure it will be alot of fun.

Eric

I raced the 2000 as my first official off-road race in a 1600 car, I am definitely going back for the 1000 in my SL car, as far as a race goes, it is GREAT! 3 days of racing in a row, an hour and ten minutes at night to put your car back together - it is a blast.

It is costly and harder to chase because it is point to point but Casey did a great job laying out the course so that 2 pit trucks could make it to the pits before the cars as long as they alternated pits.

I think this years will be as fun!!

Eric
-------------------
Z-YA Racing
www.z-yaracing.com

Jimmy8

We just got all of the information in the mail today from BITD regarding the Nevada 1000. Funny it came out before the Pahrump stuff, but anyway. The total entry fee for the race is $1550.00. The pre entry fee is $300.00, and due by March 1. It also said that you need to start making hotel reservations now, because towns like Tonopah and Ely dont have a lot of rooms to spare. The race dates are June 19-23, and contingency and tech are at the suncoast hotel. Total race miles on course for the entire event are 867. Just letting you guys know what I know since there has been a lot of interest in the race it looks like, and dont forget it is held over 3 different days in stages.

PMC Racing

JasonHutter

Thanks for the info Jimmy8, I don't think we are going to make it to that race due to the time of year and the way they are staging it. We just don't have the time to do a race like that this year. By the way, how did everyone who did the Nevada 2000 like a staged event? Does it make it easier, more fun, harder?????????

Jason

Eric

Personally speaking - The staging was kinda hairy - day one you start like a regular race - each class - fastest classes in front.

After day 1, it is based on finishing times - so if a trophy truck has a bad day and you finish before him, you get to see the grill of a truck trying to make up time the next day! of course that grill is much more intimidating when you are in a limited class like a 1600 car...

The Herbst TT was nice and didn't rip the back end off our limited buggy when it had to start in the rear of the pack - of course not all trucks were so nice!

Eric
-------------------
Z-YA Racing
www.z-yaracing.com