BITD Silver State 300 Sept 25-27

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Were starting 5th!
right in the middle of it all... interesting.
Rob Mac starting in front?
my money says he stays in clear air.

nohandslance

Reaction
Yeaaaa! I guess we will have the transmission repaired by then.

Lance(little bro to Todd)Jergensen TT #5, BITD

DSI033

Reaction
Looking forward to seeing how the Rock Racer holds up for this race :D

SplitFusion2390

Reaction
Anybody know what spectating is like for this race? Do they have spectator areas or is it open to go where you please? I did notice that there wont be pit passes so that will be cool to check out.

D Bergstrom

Reaction
Anybody know when the map is going to be up?
Usually a week or so before the race.

Anybody know what spectating is like for this race? Do they have spectator areas or is it open to go where you please? I did notice that there wont be pit passes so that will be cool to check out.
With no pit passes required, every pit is a spectator area. I am sure the course is closed, so you will only be allowed in the pits.

Doug

nohandslance

Reaction
I have been looking at the DeLorme Atlas & Gazetteer this morning, many dirt roads and forest service access roads to get to spectating areas. You could get to multiple sites during the race, including pit locations.
Have fun.

smitty311

Reaction
which is the best pit to watch from? can you short cut to see them go by again? thanks

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
I didn't get a chance to pre-run the course, but heard that there were some pretty deep water crossings. Can someone who did pre-run it tell me how deep?

DSI033

Reaction
I didn't get a chance to pre-run the course, but heard that there were some pretty deep water crossings. Can someone who did pre-run it tell me how deep?

I personaly didn't pre run, but the Torchmate crew pre-ran in a Raptor that still had the paper plates on it, and had no issues being 4wd. but said the majority of 2wd pre runners with high hp were ale to power through, but a fair ammount of smaller trucks and buggies did get stuck.

so glad i have 4wd and 39in tires come race day.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
I will be running the Caliente Pit - Pit 5, which is roughly half-way thru the course, give or take a few miles... It's the railroad yard underneath the Cottonwood trees... ahhhh, shade LOL.. See ya'll in Tech :D

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
I will be running the Caliente Pit - Pit 5, which is roughly half-way thru the course, give or take a few miles... It's the railroad yard underneath the Cottonwood trees... ahhhh, shade LOL.. See ya'll in Tech :D
Will you double check the inseam of my race suit? :D

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
I personaly didn't pre run, but the Torchmate crew pre-ran in a Raptor that still had the paper plates on it, and had no issues being 4wd. but said the majority of 2wd pre runners with high hp were ale to power through, but a fair ammount of smaller trucks and buggies did get stuck.

so glad i have 4wd and 39in tires come race day.
Do you think the motorcycles, ATVs or UTV's will have any issues with the watercrossings?

D Bergstrom

Reaction
Do you think the motorcycles, ATVs or UTV's will have any issues with the watercrossings?
I remember last year there was alot of talk about the water crossings. I think Casey even mentioned them at the riders meetings. Since we race a quad, I was a little concerned. Race day came around and I ended up riding the section where they were, just past Caliente. At most, the deepest one was maybe a foot, if even that. There was some areas that looked deeper, but the crossings were nice and wide also, (They were on a smooth graded road.) so you could pick a line, but they were actually easy, not even close to a problem on a quad. I will be riding the same section again and who knows what happened to the water crossings during the wet months, but I am not worried about it this year.

There are actually some pics fo the crossings from last year here:

http://www.acceler8ing.com/gallery.php?gid=283

Doug

Torchmate

Reaction
No. They are not bad and are just past Caliente. Maybe 2' if you run through the deepest part. There are a few of them though. There was a sand/silt/water section underneath a bridge that was kind of a pain. There are two short water crossings in there that are more like irrigation ditches. I am a little worried about it in our 2WD 7 truck. The biggest problem will be if someone gets stuck and you can't see them until it is too late to lay back. Bikes and ATV's shouldn't have a problem I wouldn't think.