BITD Speaks up about prerunning

Rcamp99

Response to pre-running of Vegas to Reno
Best in the Desert kindly and firmly reminds everyone that the 2020 Maxxis Tire Casey Folks “Vegas to Reno” presented by Fox is a No Pre Run Course.

Here are a few reasons why we ask everyone to respect the event and stay away from the area:

1) We have worked closely with local, county and BLM officials to get this event approved during a time of uncertainty. By choosing to pre-run, you jeopardize the event for everyone. The reason we stopped holding a pre-fun run for this event in 2009 was because all the activity leading up to the event caused the roads to be torn up so badly that locals and land owners could not access these areas and county maintenance crews had to repair roads before the event took place. Then they had to come in again and repair after the event. Once the pre-fun run stopped, we have had very good relationships with all these entities and we would like to keep it that way.

2) We have worked very hard to build good working relationship all across the state with land owners, mine operators and cattle ranchers. At this year’s Silver State 300, there was a lot of activity leading up to the event with vehicles pre-running the assumed race route. We know it was none of you reading this. However, it caused significant difficulties with gates being left open that were suppose to be closed and cattle got into areas it was not suppose to be. Years of cooperation and trust that Best in the Desert built with ranchers and locals is now gone because a few people couldn’t follow the rules.

3) By choosing to pre-run, your actions directly reflect back on Best in the Desert. Locals, ranchers and mine owners all know the difference between stock vehicles and pre-run vehicles. When they start noticing these types of vehicles traveling at high rates of speed in the race course area, they start calling us and BLM to ask questions and log complaints. Once that starts happening, actions must be taken. That’s why we say again, you choosing to pre-run will jeopardize the event for everyone.

4) Best in the Desert Officials live in Beatty, Goldfield, Tonopah, Mina, Hawthorne, Gabbs, and Dayton area. These people are involved in their communities and if we get reports from them that you were out pre-running, there will be penalties up to disqualification. Do not put Best in the Desert in that situation by pre-running. We have said it before and we will say it again:
It does not matter what your name is, who your sponsors are, we treat everyone the same.
We have been working very hard the past few years to get the Pre-Fun Run approved for future Vegas to Reno events and are very close to making that happen. Please do not undo our hard work by pre-running the route you supposedly think we are using this year. As was stated in our Town Hall meeting in May, there are over 60 miles of course that haven’t been used in over a decade. It’s not just one section, its spread out all over the route. With these older sections and other changes, race teams can expect a very different but exciting Maxxis Tire Casey Folks “Vegas to Reno” presented by Fox for 2020

Attachments

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Exactly
Hopefully a bunch of on thier day off drunk mining related employees or ranch hands don't Do something stupid that we desert racers get blamed for in the mean time.

9rocky

Meme-s-Facepalm-Meme-Decal__05209.1510982880.jpg

jon coleman

don't all you racers get a thing-o-mo bob from BITD that plugs into a gps that shows the race course???, jeeez, wish I had gps when I raced...

Rcamp99

Is birdwatching on public land considered pre running?
“At this year’s Silver State 300, there was a lot of activity leading up to the event with vehicles pre-running the assumed race route.”
“Please do not undo our hard work by pre-running the route you supposedly think we are using this year.”

These lines don’t help you understand what they are trying to say about v2r?

obviously if you are having to assume the course it isn’t marked..... which means it’s outside the permit times.

harleys dad

Response to pre-running of Vegas to Reno
Best in the Desert kindly and firmly reminds everyone that the 2020 Maxxis Tire Casey Folks “Vegas to Reno” presented by Fox is a No Pre Run Course.

Here are a few reasons why we ask everyone to respect the event and stay away from the area:

1) We have worked closely with local, county and BLM officials to get this event approved during a time of uncertainty. By choosing to pre-run, you jeopardize the event for everyone. The reason we stopped holding a pre-fun run for this event in 2009 was because all the activity leading up to the event caused the roads to be torn up so badly that locals and land owners could not access these areas and county maintenance crews had to repair roads before the event took place. Then they had to come in again and repair after the event. Once the pre-fun run stopped, we have had very good relationships with all these entities and we would like to keep it that way.

2) We have worked very hard to build good working relationship all across the state with land owners, mine operators and cattle ranchers. At this year’s Silver State 300, there was a lot of activity leading up to the event with vehicles pre-running the assumed race route. We know it was none of you reading this. However, it caused significant difficulties with gates being left open that were suppose to be closed and cattle got into areas it was not suppose to be. Years of cooperation and trust that Best in the Desert built with ranchers and locals is now gone because a few people couldn’t follow the rules.

3) By choosing to pre-run, your actions directly reflect back on Best in the Desert. Locals, ranchers and mine owners all know the difference between stock vehicles and pre-run vehicles. When they start noticing these types of vehicles traveling at high rates of speed in the race course area, they start calling us and BLM to ask questions and log complaints. Once that starts happening, actions must be taken. That’s why we say again, you choosing to pre-run will jeopardize the event for everyone.

4) Best in the Desert Officials live in Beatty, Goldfield, Tonopah, Mina, Hawthorne, Gabbs, and Dayton area. These people are involved in their communities and if we get reports from them that you were out pre-running, there will be penalties up to disqualification. Do not put Best in the Desert in that situation by pre-running. We have said it before and we will say it again:
It does not matter what your name is, who your sponsors are, we treat everyone the same.
We have been working very hard the past few years to get the Pre-Fun Run approved for future Vegas to Reno events and are very close to making that happen. Please do not undo our hard work by pre-running the route you supposedly think we are using this year. As was stated in our Town Hall meeting in May, there are over 60 miles of course that haven’t been used in over a decade. It’s not just one section, its spread out all over the route. With these older sections and other changes, race teams can expect a very different but exciting Maxxis Tire Casey Folks “Vegas to Reno” presented by Fox for 2020
sounds lame to me

vegasloki

Sounds like a good time to put some Monster, Toyo and Sig decals on the Ranger and go for a ride. :eek::D

You know off road use in many of those areas is legal, right? A private, for profit entity dictating how and when publicly available off road areas are used outside their permitted event? I’m sure that will work out well.

MTPyle

I am a little disappointed that the statement did not clear up what is OK.

Obviously we can go in the deseret with our pre runners and dirt bikes. But what's OK and how? If I am out in Caliente with my boys just enjoying the area then I can be dissqualified? thats not right. We love that area and for us its one of the closest places we can go that is not overrun with SXS.

They need to give some details on what is OK and the rules we need to work within.

Mike

MAC56

Sounds like a good time to put some Monster, Toyo and Sig decals on the Ranger and go for a ride. :eek::D

You know off road use in many of those areas is legal, right? A private, for profit entity dictating how and when publicly available off road areas are used outside their permitted event? I’m sure that will work out well.

As a business they can refuse you entry , this is competition regulations not the government telling you to stay away, why not put effort into helping rather than hurting?

MTPyle

Class5Cole,

So what you are saying is if we race BITD we can never go in the desert where a race is being held ,ever? I really do not think thats what BITD meant.

So we can't go to Parker unless we live in Parker? oh wait can the people that live there go out in the area thats the race course? Sorry folks if we see you on the trails in Parker you are DQ'd. So stupid.

Mike

dhjeepgeek

Okay, it seems clear enough. Don't pre-run the course. Period. Now I am the last one to like being told what to do. But it done seem pretty darn simple. Just don't pre-run unless there is a pre-run. There is the gray area people. Yes it is your right to be out there if it is an open area. If you are out taking a drive, Take it easy and don't tear shite up and shut the friggin gates. And if asked, You are there with the Sierra club, counting snowy pluvers.

Catdriver

If you are out there camping and enjoying using the land then you are doing just that. If you are out there and have the intent of previewing or pre running the course, then you are doing just that......... pre running.
Is BITD not just making you as the responsible racer, use your conscience? Seems pretty clear to me. Am I wrong here?

MTPyle

So basically we are back to square one. The guys that are OK with sneaking, lying, and not telling what they are doing are fine.They can call it bird watching or testing. All the guys that want to play by the rules need to stay home. Sounds like a great solution.

So top TT guys can go learn the course and spend time in the desert. They already get away with it and don't open their mouth. But us, we need to not do it as we are too honest. Another case of the veterans getting advantage as they know how to twist the rules.

Edit- I am over it. I will just let the top guys keep doing what they are doing and us rule followers will never really learn the courses or the areas.

Mike

Last edited: