BITD Speaks up about prerunning

y2kbaja

I read the BITD letter that all race looking prerunners can potentially ruin it which is bogus. I have no intention of racing a bitd race but if i'm out recreating at a comfortable speed and come along a rancher or miner they can complain to blm and bitd will suffer.

ht racing

I read the BITD letter that all race looking prerunners can potentially ruin it which is bogus. I have no intention of racing a bitd race but if i'm out recreating at a comfortable speed and come along a rancher or miner they can complain to blm and bitd will suffer.
i think when its a month or so out and hot as balls out and a group of pre runners blast by the ranchers know what it is. i don't know about you but i'm not in the 110 deg heat driving around for fun in the middle of a race course where none of us live right before a big race that's right there.

Ikaika

Hood I agree w your statement 100% . As long as BITD makes it perfectly clear IE no driver or co driver shall be on or follow a potential XXXXXX race course XX days prior to the event date. Anything less clear is bunk.
Here is an idea !..........why don't we all put our heads together and draft "CLEAR" rules for this issue and see if it gets adopted by BITD ??

43mod,.......I like your draft.....still a little ambiguous ( unclear or inexact because a choice between alternatives has not been made )....not meant to be offensive.

A slight alteration: No Driver or Co-Driver registered for competition with the BITD organization shall be on or follow a potential ( insert race course area here ) race course within ( insert amount of days prior to said event here ) to the event without written consent of the BITD organization.

In this case, "IF" you were on the potential course and could produce a document provided by the BITD organization asserting that you have "permission" to be in that area at that time, all would be good !

Fire away !!

BTW........MTPYLE.......don't throw in the towel just yet,.......you have a creative mind that would be useful in this area........don't let the other participants who post here get in your head.

MTPyle

Ikaika,

It wasn't just the guy that wished my computer would brake. LOL which BTW someone pointed out is a burner account thats only used to say rude things that the owner of the account does not have the balls to say on their actual user account. Chicken Crap (it wont let me say the other word)

The real problem is there is no solution. BITD has to say what they say but they clearly are OK with people pre running responsibly. So this will always be a rule thats not enforced unless the person pre running is really doing something stupid. But basically if you are responsible, not in a numbered race vehicles, and they like you then you can pre run. LOL Obviously they can not say that, but thats my takeaway.

V2R is a little different as there are currently issues with land owners. That being said they are working on an official V2R pre run for next year. So we will have 3 races with official Pre runs. The others are super open areas that anyone can pre run anytime.

We are just going to trade our Raptor in for a RG UTV with doors and AC so we look like all the other idiots out there. LOL Or we just stay in helmets and dirt bikes.

This discussion can go nowhere. Haha

Mike

Here is a pic of someone, maybe me, maybe not me out Pre running. Helmets are another way to keep from following the rules. Who is this masked person.
IMG_0300.jpeg
Haha

jon coleman

Ikaika,

It wasn't just the guy that wished my computer would brake. LOL which BTW someone pointed out is a burner account thats only used to say rude things that the owner of the account does not have the balls to say on their actual user account. Chicken Crap (it wont let me say the other word)

The real problem is there is no solution. BITD has to say what they say but they clearly are OK with people pre running responsibly. So this will always be a rule thats not enforced unless the person pre running is really doing something stupid. But basically if you are responsible, not in a numbered race vehicles, and they like you then you can pre run. LOL Obviously they can not say that, but thats my takeaway.

V2R is a little different as there are currently issues with land owners. That being said they are working on an official V2R pre run for next year. So we will have 3 races with official Pre runs. The others are super open areas that anyone can pre run anytime.

We are just going to trade our Raptor in for a RG UTV with doors and AC so we look like all the other idiots out there. LOL Or we just stay in helmets and dirt bikes.

Mike

Here is a pic of someone, maybe me, maybe not me out Pre running. Helmets are another way to keep from following the rules. Who is this masked person. View attachment 216316Haha
screw it, all bitd competitors gotta get that tracking chip implant, there ,problem solved

cynicwanderer

Ikaika,

Mike

Here is a pic of someone, maybe me, maybe not me out Pre running. Helmets are another way to keep from following the rules. Who is this masked person. View attachment 216316Haha
plausible deniability....

ht racing

by your 10th season you have a good idea whats out there. no reason to pre run. it takes time and seasons of races. your not going to get it all in one season.

MTPyle

HT
if I am still racing in 10 years I will be broke and on food stamps. I can’t wait that long. Haha.

Mike

green787

If nobody pre-runs, nobody has an advantage.... If a cheater pre-runs then he or she has an advantage.... BITD has come on here and explained what's going on.... Some of you have done your best to skirt around the issue.... If you had to choose, would it be no bird watching or off road racing.... Those are the "choices" BITD has given the RDC community..... Even if it hurts, try to digest what I just typed.....

MTPyle

Green

BITD has organized pre runs at Parker, Silverstate, and possibly V2R next year. They already offer a way for some to get an advantage.

Mike.

ht racing

Green

BITD has organized pre runs at Parker, Silverstate, and possibly V2R next year. They already offer a way for some to get an advantage.

Mike.
i do not think a pre run of the entire v2r course will get anyone a win or even a better overall hell most of the time the pre run i have seen nothing but drinking beer and no serious note taking anyways. so much goes into desert racing that's just one piece of the puzzle. we have 10 years of course notes in our gps file. yes that is a little advantage and what years of racing will get you. you can't jam 10 years of racing notes in one or two seasons. the top guys have way more notes on everything and that's what years of racing is all about.

trailready

ADVERTISER
This talk about V2R prerunning brings back some great memories of the 2 day pre fun runs with BITD. This is the only times I ever saw Casey drink and after a couple little margaritas during the dinner in Tonopah or where ever we were, the filters, what there was of them, would be OFF and OMG he was pretty hilarious. No one was exempt from his ridicule and I think BJ got the worst of it haha. Lots of Whistle Dick awards. LOL Good times, Miss that guy!

Bro_Gill

In case you guys don't follow land use chit- Right now, there is a bike race west of Tonopah that just got dates moved to the middle of July because of a 'bird' that breeds in the area. While it won't stop the race from happening, it could present a bunch of extra costs for the promoters due to fire danger, as well as heat issues for the racers. So if you want to keep 'bird watching', then expect racing in that area to go el foldo.

green787

Who owns these roads, where are they going, and who uses them when not raced on???..... I need more facts....

charlie_brown

i dont think any rancher/tree huger/blm would care about pre running if people did it with slower speeds, less trash.

show more respect for the land and the people that you come across. stay on the roads. life will be better for pre running and racing.