BITD Speaks up about prerunning

J Prich

i dont think any rancher/tree huger/blm would care about pre running if people did it with slower speeds, less trash.

show more respect for the land and the people that you come across. stay on the roads. life will be better for pre running and racing.
I was thinking about this based on Mike's reply about bikes....I wonder if people that were bird watching/prerunning/whatever were mostly doing it on bikes instead of in 4 wheeled vehciles....and had the courtesy to close all the gates they open...if that would mitigate the complaints that BITD presumably receives from ranchers, etc.

IF their biggest complaints are road degradation and gates being left open allowing cattle to stray, I would think if people limited the impacts of those two things this might be a non issue.

cynicwanderer

I was thinking about this based on Mike's reply about bikes....I wonder if people that were bird watching/prerunning/whatever were mostly doing it on bikes instead of in 4 wheeled vehciles....and had the courtesy to close all the gates they open...if that would mitigate the complaints that BITD presumably receives from ranchers, etc.

IF their biggest complaints are road degradation and gates being left open allowing cattle to stray, I would think if people limited the impacts of those two things this might be a non issue.
actually, proper range etiquette is to leave the gate how you found it. sometimes ranchers want to leave the gates open and get just as pissed off when people close them. but, yes, if we didn't screw with the gates or run over the fences or leave trash for the cows to eat and die, there would be less complaints and problems. I realize that it's not just us doing all this, but maybe we need to be the model for how to behave in the desert and educate by example; that way we'll actually be the good guys.

J Prich

actually, proper range etiquette is to leave the gate how you found it. sometimes ranchers want to leave the gates open and get just as pissed off when people close them. but, yes, if we didn't screw with the gates or run over the fences or leave trash for the cows to eat and die, there would be less complaints and problems. I realize that it's not just us doing all this, but maybe we need to be the model for how to behave in the desert and educate by example; that way we'll actually be the good guys.
Sure. Gates open, gates closed...point remains that if folks are out there doing this discreetly with no impact to the locals, it's probably a non issue.

Bro_Gill

It's only gonna get worse over time. Many Californians have moved to Nevada and even a small percentage of them, if inclined to support causes like Sierra Club or Center for Biological Diversity, will simply say no more across my land, especially if they have ammo like gates not being closed, rates of speed faster than 35mph on dirt roads, etc... You guys know about that law and dust abatement? I believe that is federal.

MTPyle

We were in Jackson Hole this last weekend. I lived there in the 90’s. The place is a mess with Cali ideas. The Unicorns, snowflakes, and rainbows have taken over that town and will ruin it.

they will not stop until the rest of the country is as messed up as the city’s in Cali. Sorry, went a little purple there. Hehe.

Mike

Goober

We were in Jackson Hole this last weekend. I lived there in the 90’s. The place is a mess with Cali ideas. The Unicorns, snowflakes, and rainbows have taken over that town and will ruin it.

they will not stop until the rest of the country is as messed up as the city’s in Cali. Sorry, went a little purple there. Hehe.

Mike
What is a unicorn?

ht racing

Mike
I THINK WE ALL AGREE CALIFORNIA SUCKS!

johnnyweb

So basically we are back to square one. The guys that are OK with sneaking, lying, and not telling what they are doing are fine.They can call it bird watching or testing. All the guys that want to play by the rules need to stay home. Sounds like a great solution.

So top TT guys can go learn the course and spend time in the desert. They already get away with it and don't open their mouth. But us, we need to not do it as we are too honest. Another case of the veterans getting advantage as they know how to twist the rules.

Edit- I am over it. I will just let the top guys keep doing what they are doing and us rule followers will never really learn the courses or the areas.

Mike
Sounds like you need a box of tissue.

MTPyle

Sounds like you need a box of tissue.
LOL OK. I guess its not OK to express an issue on this forum? That makes me a whiner that needs a tissue? So everyone should just be the strong silent type on here?

Only talk crap on others and not express any issues unless its issues with another member?

Sounds like you need a Hug Hehe

Mike

johndjmix

No problems with that here in Colorado. Most of the population is involved off road in some way - mtn biking, 4 wheeling, ATV, camping...etc. In fact you can camp anywhere you want pretty much...as long as its not private property. No permits or anything required. Most all people are cool with wheeling, no matter what side of the politics they are on. Just wish it was closer to #Baja

--John

dhjeepgeek

I THINK WE ALL AGREE CALIFORNIA SUCKS!
California is an awesome place. I have played in the snow and then went to the beach on the same day. The current political leadership is the issue. Some people seem to keep voting with their stupid asses. OK, said and done, No more Purple. Its just my dog, so done kick her.

ht racing

California is an awesome place. I have played in the snow and then went to the beach on the same day. The current political leadership is the issue. Some people seem to keep voting with their stupid asses. OK, said and done, No more Purple. Its just my dog, so done kick her.
we are on to cheater motors now........

johnnyweb

LOL OK. I guess its not OK to express an issue on this forum? That makes me a whiner that needs a tissue? So everyone should just be the strong silent type on here?

Only talk crap on others and not express any issues unless its issues with another member?

Sounds like you need a Hug Hehe

Mike
There was no issue until people started crying about it!