• Forum membership has its advantages....

BITD Vintage Class racing

TRichards

So it looks like after the success at the MInt 400 BITD is going to allow vintage class vehicles to race in BITD for the rest of the year. This is awesome news as it is another place we can race our trucks and buggies in the states against older vehicles. We are entered in the BITD Laughlin race in Vintage open, which is trucks and buggies from 83 to 93. There is also the 82 and older class. If we get more response the goal is to have a couple more classes like unlimited buggy and limited buggy and open truck and mini truck. Any questions you can pm myself or retro francis on RDC and we will be happy to answer any questions. Rules are going to be set up same as the ones from the MINT. If you get the entry form off the BITD, handwrite Vintage 4500 or Vintage open 4550. Entry fees are the same as sportsman 8100
This is a big step for a major promoter welcoming the history of our sport into mainstream races. I personally thank Casey, Diane, Norm Francis and Matt Martelli in pushing this forward and not letting it become a one race thing.
So if you have the old cars sitting around, bring them out and enjoy them

TRichards

I will have to ask Norm on that. They are the same as accepted for the Mint 400. I don't know how to post a link but google Mint 400 Vintage rules they came up for me. Norm can be reached at 951-233-3825. He asked me to help him on the truck side as he has more of a buggy background.

Just dreaming at this point, but looking at the Vintage and Vintage Open rules I'm guesing I wouldn't fit in either class.

Not a true Vintage truck as it is being built currently. 79 Chevy 4x4, leaf sprung, bypasses, 35" tires, and it's LS powered.

I don't have a Mexico race budget to run NORRA, so a U.S. desert race is much more realistic.

J Prich

Todd,
Just to clarify, this is basically two vintage classes, sportsman entry fee, ALL races this season?

TRichards

Jason, from what I was told from Norm Francis yes they are going to run all the remaining races this year.
Frizzlefry, If you didnt run the bypasses I think you would be fine. Otherwise the 8100 class is available for you.
My personal opinion is that replica vehicles are OK as long as they are built within the spirit of the rules. For instance I was going to build replica class 8 trucks later than 83 so i could use a front coilover but use rear leafs, no 4 link with multiple non bypass shocks. Then I bought little mac and those projects went away.

Retro Francis

The rules are posted on the MINT 400 site and also here on RDC in the news feed. And if there are any questions feel free to call me anytime at 951-233-3825.