• Forum membership has its advantages....

BITD Vintage rules

crazyeye

I was hoping to find a rule book for the vintage class. I just bought a 87 ranger and it has a 80's era 302 swapped into it. In the back it has deaver link killers with a double bypass shock. Up front it has 2.5 coilovers and equal length beams. and i will be switching to swing set steering when time and cash allow. So is it legal.

TRichards

Rules were taken from the Mint 400 Vintage class that was added this past April. The goal was to have older race cars that were legal for the class that they were raced in to have a place to race. It sounds like your truck being a mini truck if it had a V6 would be legal but not with the V8. It sounds like your truck is legal for 2000 class at SNORE or you could run 8100 Sportsman at BITD.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Yea, most likely Sportsman class.

crazyeye

You mean nobody slapped a v8 in a ranger in the 80's and raced class 1?

TRichards

Yes, Robby Gordon La Victoria truck. The Vintage Class is for Vintage race vehicles that actually raced way back in the day. Its not a class that will be a place to go when you don't fit another class. BITD has a sportsman 8100 class that is open to anything.

conejoracer

Yes, Robby Gordon La Victoria truck. The Vintage Class is for Vintage race vehicles that actually raced way back in the day. Its not a class that will be a place to go when you don't fit another class. BITD has a sportsman 8100 class that is open to anything.
I may be wrong, but I think the La Victoria truck debuted not as a 1989, but as a 1990 model.

Last edited:

TRichards

Vintage class was set up to be 1993 and earlier. But because there was a technology difference the Vintage class is pre 1983. Vintage open class is from 1984 to 1993. Retro francis is the class rep.

TRichards

My Little Mac truck is a 1990 but it was rebodied in 1993 to the newer 1994 model year ZR2.

Rory

Crayola Killer
I may be wrong, but I think the La Victoria truck debuted not as a 1989, but as a 1990 model.
I think that was 1991. RG raced for Venable from 1988 to the end of the season in 1990....

Clive Skilton

Vintage class was set up to be 1993 and earlier. But because there was a technology difference the Vintage class is pre 1983. Vintage open class is from 1984 to 1993. Retro francis is the class rep.

So there is two classes? Vintage 1983 and older. Vintage Open 1984 to 1993?

LantanaTX

I believe vintage is 1982 and older and 1983 through 1993. Two classes for BITD. The rules are basically the same as NORRA. You can check the NORRA rules on the NORRA website. All classes in the NORRA Pioneer and Legend ERA fit into the BITD vintage class and all the NORRA classes in the Challenger Era fit BITD Super Vintage. While someone back in the day may have experimented with something outside the rules does mean you can do the same thing. The exception to the rules are only for the actual vehicle. An example of this is the Mickey Thompson Challenger IV being legal in BITD vintage and NORRA Legend Buggy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk