• Forum membership has its advantages....

BITD vs WORCS utv build

mcoulter70

Wondering what the difference in builds would be if running BITD vs WORCS. Is it realistic for a single UTV to be built to race selective races in both series? If so, what considerations would need to be made (i.e. spare tire cage design, passenger seating, etc...).

Fourstroker

Aren't most WORCS cars single seaters and BITD requires 2. Also no spares at all on a WORCS car. I could imagine more wound up motors and clutches on a WORCS car. Both would need to be more durable for long distance races. Just the first things that popped into my head.

AZJZC1

I race desert and don't know a ton about worcs, but what I do know is that desert cars are much heavier most the time. The biggest differences in my opinion are chassis, fuel cell, and wheels/tires. Many desert teams like a 4 seat chassis and no worcs guys do, desert teams have a big heavy fuel cell for range, and if I'm not mistaken worcs can run a stock cell, desert cages must be welded, worcs can be bolt on. Desert guys like big tires for clearance, worcs seems to keep tires a bit smaller. Could you build a car to do both? I'm sure you could. Would you have as good of a chance at winning as the purpose built cars you're up against? No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

You could run it but you would be at a severe disadvantage running a BITD machine at a WORCS race