Bitd

One of the Mom's

Reaction
Yes, you are right ~ I haven't posted anything in several weeks. I come on to track my son and look for comments when he is racing. This week he is in the c/t class (other times 250's) for the NV race. I keep 4 browsers running and cheer and yell from home during the whole race. I will be here during the race. Thanks for giving us at home the chance to join and be a part of the action and fun. It is grand of you. Will "Weatherman' be doing his thing also?

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Way to go mom!!! Racing for us has always been a FAMILY thing,my wife,kids,mom,step dad,sisters,brother,and extended family have always been a huge part of our racing program,as it should be!!!!!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Yes, you are right ~ I haven't posted anything in several weeks. I come on to track my son and look for comments when he is racing. This week he is in the c/t class (other times 250's) for the NV race. I keep 4 browsers running and cheer and yell from home during the whole race. I will be here during the race. Thanks for giving us at home the chance to join and be a part of the action and fun. It is grand of you. Will "Weatherman' be doing his thing also?
MOMS ARE COOL!!!! Welcome to Race Dezert.

QurtysLyn

Reaction
Great to have a mom on here. Everyone mind your manners.:eek::D
Manners? What are those? :D

Mom's are awesome. My mom and grandma are both integral parts of our pit crew. Grandma's the one who started this whole racing thing with my family anyway.

OldGreen

Reaction
My mom cries at the start, cries at the finish, and cries when we break. . .I love moms!!!

One of the Mom's

Reaction
Well, here I am again ~ ~ getting all excited and YES you bet, Mom's cry! It is all part of it! My younger son went down to watch and cheer him on and now it looks like he may co-pilot. Double cry! What great fun. Wish I could be there also. Working on my browsers now to see which one does the best IRC tracking map and so far Firefox hands down. The Safari still hasn't loaded and it has be 20 minutes. Is "Weatherman" on this race? That man is gooood at what he does.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
LOL, My Mom and I have come to an agreement. I tell her that I am going racing and that means.... I am going to carry tires and dump cans around the dezert for Pat Dailey.

If I am really getting in the car (even though i just pre run in the dez and drive in the "Lemons car" so far anyway) she only wants me to tell her that after I get home.

I am gonna be bummed when I win the Baja 1000 and she is not at the finish line.:rolleyes:

One of the Mom's

Reaction
LOL LOL LOL LOL I may it here with four browers going, but texting, oh no! I still use a land line phone here in this part of Idaho! Smoke signals are faster and more reliable than any kind of cell phone. Our County Courthouse still can't get cell service. Their hoping by Winter. hee hee

bobylax

Reaction
Well, here I am again ~ ~ getting all excited and YES you bet, Mom's cry! It is all part of it! My younger son went down to watch and cheer him on and now it looks like he may co-pilot. Double cry! What great fun. Wish I could be there also. Working on my browsers now to see which one does the best IRC tracking map and so far Firefox hands down. The Safari still hasn't loaded and it has be 20 minutes. Is "Weatherman" on this race? That man is gooood at what he does.
Weatherman "Bob" does the radio comm. for SCORE, but helps out with broke vehicle recovery for BITD, so he's still involved, you just can't hear him!

coffeelady

Reaction
I am so happy to know other moms are out there in cyberspace. I run two tracker pages, the race-dezert forum, any live commentary radio or video, sponsor twitters, texting to other racers, and any other way I can find out what is happening. My son doesn't tell me much, but he ALWAYS sends me a text when he is getting in a car because he knows I pray for them all to be safe and run an honest race to the best of their ability. But then, I pray from the moment he walks out the door to leave until he gets home, and not just for him, I pray for everyone of you out there working pits, driving, and any other job, even the sponsor girls!

So you kids mind your manners, and have a GREAT race!

bobylax

Reaction
What class/car# is your son running so we can cheer him on? I'd love to be there, but V2R put a serious dent in my "volunteer" budget, so we're saving for Henderson.

One of the Mom's

Reaction
Thanks, Bobylax and all. Seems some electrical problems kept them from getting off the line. Worked all night, but there they are ~ ~ prayers for cheering them up/on would be greatly appreciated. Not getting started has GOT to be hard.:( But they worked very hard and did their best. I am so very proud - - - - they are not quitters! So, we get ready for the Baja1000.
And Coffeelady, we sound like 'birds of a feather'. I am one-of-the-Grandma's also.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
It really means alot to the racers that the Mom`s are interested in their sons/daughters activity. This goes for wives too.

One of the Mom's

Reaction
My mom cries at the start, cries at the finish, and cries when we break. . .I love moms!!!
:eek:Mom's love the kids who love it when Mom's cry at the start (of anything), cry (at the finish of everything) and cry when you break. Our hearts sing when your do and break when yours do.
Love our kids and Mom lovers!!

One of the Mom's

Reaction
What class/car# is your son running so we can cheer him on? I'd love to be there, but V2R put a serious dent in my "volunteer" budget, so we're saving for Henderson.
Dear Bobylax ~ ~
Thanks so much for wanting to cheer on even people you don't know. How very kind! My son drives a Class 7 truck for races in the States ~ ~ and a Honda 450 in Mexico. He is getting all ready now for Baja and is getting quite (major understatement) excited, as everyone should be who works so very hard to even participate in something like this.
Do you race? Or someone you love?