BJ Baldwin leaves General Tire for 2"?

C. Bucher

Nope. TO me it implies GT wants to take a large chunk of the budget and put it to what GT considers better use.
Nope, they're currently on the lookout for another driver.

DesertGuy1

Aside from any "request", General Tire already has scheduled production runs deep into next year just to get caught up with current inventory. Some tire series aren't even scheduled and stock is already out.

00dange

Nope, they're currently on the lookout for another driver.
Cough JUSTIN DAVIS Cough

This news is mind blowing! But GT is used to things blowing up anyways. Best of Luck to BJ in the future, he is a huge talent that needs better shoes! BJ was very successful with BFGs

fishd00d

What A Joke
I dont know the specifics of the $$ involved with these deals (to bad its not like the NFL and its public knowledge) but I would assume for this to go down either 1. BJ (his dad) have enough $$ of their own where they feel the bigger tire is that much more of an advantage or 2. Toyo stepped up and is giving him the same amount of $$ GT was or more (which I assume was a lot). Afterall BJ was the poster boy for GT so this is a HUGE move IMO.

Just imagine how much $$ it will cost for all the new wraps on EVERYTHING along with all the stickers, and apparel that will have to be changed!

C. Bucher

Cough JUSTIN DAVIS Cough

This news is mind blowing! But GT is used to things blowing up anyways. Best of Luck to BJ in the future, he is a huge talent that needs better shoes! BJ was very successful with BFGs
Would think they would want a truck...

PORTER TT#22

Good for BJ. He helped bring GT into the "Desert" Arena and did a very good job Winning and Advertising for them. GT is not a small Company, they sell
more tires than they can make, just ask anyone at the Corporate level with Discount Tire. If BJ is leaving GT and has an offer to join Toyo that is a smart move on his part. A
39" will help him. Toyo Tire is a well developed Company that now wants more "Desert" exposure. For BJ I would bet they will pay him
well and they do have a great Tire.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
so GT won the championship on 37's twice? correct, and they are unwilling to make a 39" and supply them to the Baldwins for another year?
General Tire can't make a 39 without having to build an entire factory to do so.

so do you think the Baldwins will have a used GT tire sale? lol
They did when they got rid of the BFGs.

This just opened up General Tires budget by a quarter million.

MikeLeung

Are you sure the split is over 2 inches in tire....or 2 zeros in a check???

Hummm???

**I'm purely speculating**

dan200

#BSF200
It was only a TV show, i think it was called "how do they do it" but it showed how they make one of those huge tires for a big loader caterpillar thing and it seeemd like all it was was a different mold.

I have always been confused on how making new tire can be sooo complicated/expensive... I know it is, i just dont understand how in this day and age...