Black Rifle Coffee + BJ Baldwin

J Prich

Reaction
Great opportunity for BJ to monetize his 2A following. Given their brand, I doubt winning and losing is critical to their relationship. From a visibility standpoint the BRC folks get new content that is "bad ass" and will fit right in with their demographic but most are probably not dedicated desert racing fans so none will be too bothered about whether BJ is actually winning races or not. Just keep the TT/Helicopter/Gun videos coming and it'll be a win-win for both of them.

az_amsoil

Reaction
Great opportunity for BJ to monetize his 2A following. Given their brand, I doubt winning and losing is critical to their relationship. From a visibility standpoint the BRC folks get new content that is "bad ass" and will fit right in with their demographic but most are probably not dedicated desert racing fans so none will be too bothered about whether BJ is actually winning races or not. Just keep the TT/Helicopter/Gun videos coming and it'll be a win-win for both of them.
This is exactly what I was thinking, Monster may have offered more $$ but the tie-in with BJ's 2A advocacy is perfect. The upside is HUGE in terms of visibility that BJ can bring to BRC and vise versa. I read an article in which the CEO explained the marketing target for 2020 and beyond as, "the company is targeting a specific segment of the population: military members and their families, first responders, sportsmen and gun enthusiasts. “We’re not going for the entire coffee market,” he said. “We’re going for roughly half.” Converting the Folgers crowd over to "snobbery" coffee.

I'd be willing to bet BJ is a partner (or investor) in this endeavor, more than a sponsored athlete. It’s great to see non-traditional sponsors in the sport, I wish them the best of luck as they will start in the very back of the Baja 500 :p...hopefully with full pots of BRC for weary chase crews to enjoy!

MTPyle

Reaction
I think I saw a dyno pull on his truck and the power to the ground was shocking, not in a good way. I was blown away at how little power they had. I don’t remember the exact number but it was low.

maybe they did a low power pull so he could show how handicapped he is. Haha nobody wants to show they have a lot of power and not have an excuse.

I bet the truck with him driving could win with the right power and set up.

Mike

dezertdoug

Reaction
Been drinking it for years. Belong to monthly club were you get 2 different flavors ever month or when want. Very very good coffee smooth and great flavor. Went from some cream and sugar to straight black . Its that good.
Plus they give some proceeds to the military first responders and such now to off road racing. Very good coffe and good guys. All veteran owners

bullnerd

Reaction
Been drinking it for years. Belong to monthly club were you get 2 different flavors ever month or when want. Very very good coffee smooth and great flavor. Went from some cream and sugar to straight black . Its that good.
Thanks Doug, That's what I was looking for.

turbodon

Reaction
If they pony for a new truck , think they'll stay loyal to ID designs, or make the band-wagon jump to the Proven Mason AWD??