Black Rifle Coffee + BJ Baldwin

A Vance

Reaction
I suppose the question is whether he wanted to jump or whether things weren't so cheery with Monster with his recent form. Of course, Monster isn't all about results, and they give athletes a loooooong leash before changing things, so maybe he just wants to go in a different promotional direction.

More sponsors is good. Off road is a tricky niche--just doesn't draw the eyeballs that NASCAR does but has similar costs--but there are niches that work. This sort of thing will find a willing audience.
I don't think it was his choice to leave monster. I don't think they saw a return on their investment. He wasn't really promoting it on social media. He is more into showing you how he carries a gun full time than showing you anything off road. I don'ts think he even cares to race off road much anymore. What was his deal with getting out of the truck this past weekend?

masleca

Reaction
I don't think it was his choice to leave monster.
Agreed
I think I saw someone on here say, "......You don't leave Monster, Monster leaves you...." or something like that :)
I still think BJ's got some race left in him.......we'll see🤷‍♂️

J Prich

Reaction
From a purely practical stand point, I can't really blame BJ for chasing the 2A influencer game. That's just smart business. As an off road racer, you can maybe, maybe leverage yourself to offset most or maybe even all of the costs of racing. As a 2A personality, you can literally make a lucrative lifelong career.

He could win the Baja 1000 5 times and still not get a call to do podcasts with Mike Tyson. The 2A community is his meal ticket IMO.

sand shark

Reaction
From a purely practical stand point, I can't really blame BJ for chasing the 2A influencer game. That's just smart business. As an off road racer, you can maybe, maybe leverage yourself to offset most or maybe even all of the costs of racing. As a 2A personality, you can literally make a lucrative lifelong career.

He could win the Baja 1000 5 times and still not get a call to do podcasts with Mike Tyson. The 2A community is his meal ticket IMO.

You think he is making that much money off the 2A influencer stuff? I would bet he made more money when he was actually winning races, doing truck/car stuff videos and sponsors were happy to be teamed up with him. If he were making a ton of money from the 2A stuff, I think he would be building that Awd truck.

You rarely see him post videos of him doing testing in his race truck or really talking about race prep, which has to make you wonder if he is into racing. He made a huge deal about going back with Polaris after Can Am cut ties with him. Have you seen him post anything recently for Polaris?

He is a very talented driver and there is no reason he should not be in the hunt to win or at least make a podium in every race he enters.

J Prich

Reaction
You think he is making that much money off the 2A influencer stuff? I would bet he made more money when he was actually winning races, doing truck/car stuff videos and sponsors were happy to be teamed up with him. If he were making a ton of money from the 2A stuff, I think he would be building that Awd truck.

You rarely see him post videos of him doing testing in his race truck or really talking about race prep, which has to make you wonder if he is into racing. He made a huge deal about going back with Polaris after Can Am cut ties with him. Have you seen him post anything recently for Polaris?

He is a very talented driver and there is no reason he should not be in the hunt to win or at least make a podium in every race he enters.
Factually, I have no idea. But my opinion is yes, I do believe the 2A market is VERY lucrative. Case in point, a group of guys got together and made a coffee brand to compete with the 10,000 other coffee brands already in existence and made it in to an incredibly profitable business, by playing the 2A market. As @Blood Eagle mentioned..."tactical coffee". Off road racing is a tiny niche market in the grand scheme of things, it's not even in the same universe businesswise as the 2A stuff.

IMO the shooting incident was a watershed moment for him. I don't know him personally so I'm not trying to have a hypothetical debate about what motivates a guy i don't know, but I don't doubt his passion for guns, etc. A guy doesn't train as much as BJ apparently trains, etc if they aren't really in to that stuff. Having a real world experience with using his weapon in self defense immediately put him in to a significantly smaller portion of people in the 2A community who are not just theorists, but an actual practitioner. My guess is that if you did some analysis of his social media stuff you'd find that his 2A followers, posts, etc are AT LEAST as popular as his racing stuff. The amount of people across the country that are ultra passionate about guns dwarfs the amount of people across the country that are in to desert racing.

And regarding the question about "who makes a post about the anniversary of shooting another person", the answer is anyone who is passionate about guns and 2A. Because again, the fact that happened to BJ instantly put him in to elite status within that community and he'd be a fool not to leverage it.

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
BJ is a extreme lifestyle and influencer type. Badass lifestyle, guns, hot chicks, money, fast cars and trucks etc. The bro vet scene is all about this sort of thing and this is the type of person the tactical coffee companies cater too. It's fine and good for the sport to give recognition to off road racing. There is a market for it and that's pretty clear. He doesn't have to win, just look cool.

10 shot

Reaction
Unfortunately for him he looks stupid sorry ! compare this to Bryce or luke or anyone that's a offroad racer that loves the sport not the game.

J Prich

Reaction
Unfortunately for him he looks stupid sorry ! compare this to Bryce or luke or anyone that's a offroad racer that loves the sport not the game.
To be clear, I'm not disagreeing with your opinion. I personally see it that way too. But we are looking at it through the lens of off road racing. I am positive that many in the 2A community don't see it that way at all. They see a guy who advocated for gun ownership, trained to improve his skills, and then successfully used those skills in a real world situation when the time came. If you aren't a gun guy (I am not personally a huge gun guy), maybe it doesn't translate well. But if you ARE a gun guy, BJ's situation is a case study in why all of this 2A advocacy matters.

How BJ's stuff plays in the racing community is totally different from how all of this plays in the gun world.

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
I think people need to stop viewing BJ as "professional racer" as it's clear he's more in the social media "influencer" business. I don't wish ill will upon the guy, but he doesn't seem to be focused on racing these days. There have been a few big sponsors come and go that we all hoped would bring him back to the fore front, but that hasn't panned out.

10 shot

Reaction
Lol exactly but at least this is not paying him anything 🤣
Just weird to me he is the only one that is headed that direction. Just go do gun competition events if that's your new passion. I wonder if he carries a ak in his race truck just in case there is a shoot out on the course. Just a weird dude.

JDDurfey

Reaction
Sorry couldn't resist. I happened across this in my pictures folder earlier today.

BJ's 1000.jpg

turbodon

Reaction
To put it in perspective, Rob Mac has 75k followers on Instagram, Andy has 66k, Menzies has 142k, Robby Gordon has 179k.
BJ has 1 million. Pretty impressive for someone who hasn't clenched a first place victory in how long?
Some of my family/ friends who are pro gun and 100% clueless about off-road would tell you that he's the best racer in offroad and his trophy truck is actually a toyota tundra. That he seemed to slow down when he changed his truck in from a Chevy to one of those Jap rice burners. Have to assume that in this game it's all about perception, results are secondary.
Kudos to him for living the dream (from an outsiders view looking in) and riding the wave while it's breaking big!!