Black Rifle Coffee + BJ Baldwin

Mxrider909

Reaction
Yes you can buy wins. Thats why the richest teams that win have the best trucks, best spare packages, pre runners, backup pre runners, pits, equipment, the ability to spend weeks pre running, fitness training, testing and re testing, rehearsing pits, meetings, logistics, multiples of support/recovery vehicles. Don't get me wrong. Luke, bryce and Andy (to name a few) are amazing race car drivers but Id be willing to bet if you put any of them in Bj's or robby's truck with their team you'd see similar results to robby and BJ's. This is just my opinion.
in an unlimited class, with very loose rules, how is that not the name of the game? hell even in formula 1 (highly regulated rules) the teams with the top budgets are the one consistently on the podium, so yeah budgets win races at top tier motorsports, I'd say that's true across all of them.

jon coleman

Reaction
in an unlimited class, with very loose rules, how is that not the name of the game? hell even in formula 1 (highly regulated rules) the teams with the top budgets are the one consistently on the podium, so yeah budgets win races at top tier motorsports, I'd say that's true across all of them.
who here remembers the heyday of imsa camel gtp racing, i loved the cars but Nissan stunk up the show, then came toyota& aar& squashed everyone, although the 4 rotor mazda was the only car you could hear around the Whole Del Mar track👉💀👈what im saying is top tier prototype racing has always been a fickle conundrum

tapeworm

Reaction
Even F1 introduced a cost cap this year to try and increase the amount of competition for wins.

jon coleman

Reaction
Even F1 introduced a cost cap this year to try and increase the amount of competition for wins.
participation trophy syndrome

Attachments

• 330ac72f42fac236853f47f9797a944bb6c00f2623b23ff3b44191f7f6f4c5aa.gif
    330ac72f42fac236853f47f9797a944bb6c00f2623b23ff3b44191f7f6f4c5aa.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 33

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Haha! I guess I was stating the obvious.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy ya a jet ski. And people on jet skis are usually smiling.

Goober

Reaction
I bet that 99.9% of sponsorship comes from the racers bank accounts and/or their parents. In Most classes in this sport If you're not among the highest earners you are less likely to be winning. I'm guessing BJ is in the lower end of earners racing TT's today. My good friend who races doesn't respect this sport because you can buy wins. You still need talent but you need the best equipment and team. The car, equipment, prep, personnel, and logistics to put it all together is where the cost is. This post probably isn't relevant to this thread but whatever. It's probably the reason he, robby, Larry R, and rob mac don't win anymore. Yes Larry R won recently but he teamed with McMillin.
When was Rob Macs last win?

LAZY-H

Large Member
Reaction

jon coleman

Reaction
soooooo long ago

how did that old phart get to start out front?,hmmmm, 2018 was Sooo long ago....

Fifty

Reaction
People forget he is also connected with uscca
So that probably explains the “anniversary post”

and for anyone who has ever been in the terrible position to be on the receiving end of gunfire and/or have returned fire and taken a life.... you end up going through a hyper vigilant max train period OR a close yourself off from everything and hide yourself away.
After all for you, it’s a 100% chance, a guarantee that you will have to use your training.

just like people who have had their homes burn down, purchase more fire extinguishers and smoke detectors and actually take fire hydrants and fire stations into account when getting into future homes.

im a fan of his. But I think he is going to slow down on everything and start focusing on his family and growing the business aspects of everything.

my last two bits: seems like a gazillion vet/leo shirt/hat/drink/shirt/you name it companies are popping up everyday and are all secret squirrel.

second, I’m incredibly skeptical of any company who say they support vets or disabled Leo. They are almost always just supporting their few buddies to satisfy any 503c requirements

Fifty

Reaction
Black Rifle Coffee has been around for a while and done quite a bit for Vets and LEO, they are not a fly by night company
I certainly hope so. But everyone remembers wounded warrior...

I love it when groups call me for donations for vets or Leo’s and then I respond with “so how do I sign up to receive the benefits?”....
....click.

All I’m saying is I Know a ton of vets, disabled and whole...and helped run a disabled leo page. I can only think of one person who received any assistance. And it was actually a group that puts on an offroad... like short track course day... for vets... in California.
But otherwise...
I see a bunch of insta pics, of groups holding range days for vets etc. And those pics seem to always have the same group of folks in them.
hey congrats to those guys for getting some appreciation. But it’s why a lot of folks think most of them a “503c... 2% for you, 18% for admin and 80% for me”

E.Hagle

Reaction
People forget he is also connected with uscca
So that probably explains the “anniversary post”

and for anyone who has ever been in the terrible position to be on the receiving end of gunfire and/or have returned fire and taken a life.... you end up going through a hyper vigilant max train period OR a close yourself off from everything and hide yourself away.
After all for you, it’s a 100% chance, a guarantee that you will have to use your training.

just like people who have had their homes burn down, purchase more fire extinguishers and smoke detectors and actually take fire hydrants and fire stations into account when getting into future homes.

im a fan of his. But I think he is going to slow down on everything and start focusing on his family and growing the business aspects of everything.

my last two bits: seems like a gazillion vet/leo shirt/hat/drink/shirt/you name it companies are popping up everyday and are all secret squirrel.

second, I’m incredibly skeptical of any company who say they support vets or disabled Leo. They are almost always just supporting their few buddies to satisfy any 503c requirements
What happened to the Wounded Warrior project?

Fifty

Reaction

Sorry not trying to be an arse...Ive just always wanted to do that (I dont get out much). Anyways, they were telling everyone that they use a super high amount of donations on wounded vets and then it came out that almost none went to vets. And that the board kept huge amounts, more than legally allowed.
Its really really really not uncommon.

A close friend started the non profit to help families in transition or who were fighting for medical help etc etc. His org was doing great and starting to really make money and notoriety. He kept only admin costs, everything else went to people.
He was starting to get underwater (He had been shot a number of times engaging armed robbers and was fighting to have his medical bills covered by the jurisdiction he worked for and also for a retirement) and some big name leo you tubers ("....the cop" and "officer...") contacted him to join forces help grow the program etc. He thought great!

Well he got a bunch of legal paperwork, signed it like an idiot and the very next day after he sent it back, he was kicked out of the organization. They took it from him "legally"... Bled it dry, and I think the organization is now in the dust.
And those guys are still making their youtube vids talking about their glory days, or rather one has assumed everything his brother had done as his own work... smh...