Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Despite successfully building and racing a class 11 stock VW nick-named the Slug Shark and creating wildly popular video content with his “Class Fun” long travel bug he calls the Megalodon, Blake Wilkey still had an itch to race off-road with the big boys. In keeping with the theme of Volkswagen vehicles named after sharks, it’s appropriate the biggest baddest build to date would be named after the most fearsome of all (fictional) sharks, JAWS.
Blake-Wilkey-JAWS-12-885x590.jpg

“The goal was always to have a trophy truck and race at the highest level but I was also a buggy dork so we cross pollinated the two and this is what we got.”

Blake-Wilkey-JAWS-17-975x650.jpg

Blake-Wilkey-JAWS-06-975x650.jpg

Engineered with Kevin Butts of Quixotic...

Continue reading...

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
I think it turned out amazing. In person it’s way larger than I thought. I totally dig it.

Pretty cool to see them do something new and I think it worked.

Mike

Advertising supports this site

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Look forward to seeing this thing in action. Innovation has always been one of the bedrocks of desert racing IMO. Cool to see these guys pushing boundaries and trying new things.

mrlentle

RDC keyboard warrior
RDC Crypto
Nice article and very cool bug. Any suggestions as to who the buyer of the other car is? Likely to be American or shipping out to the Middle East perhaps?

partybarge_pilot

RDC Crypto
So what "big race" is he planning on racing this in? SC rules it out of a lot of class's. Bug body a few more, strait axle out of others.......

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
pretty sure SCORE added supercharger’s a couple years ago.

The way I understand it the rest of the TT’s would have to approve anything that’s not a Truck body and bedsides.

Mike

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Is he really going to race this? It’s got a super charger, open exposed air filter under the front hood and a few other things make me think this is more of a Terra Crew, track & dune jumping, video stunt truck vs a purpose built race truck with VW body on it.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
The air filter is fine for state side races. The supercharger should not be a issue and is legal.

The thing looks pretty well built. Better than a lot of TT’s I have seen. Looked pretty balanced in the video I saw. I don’t see why they wouldn’t race it.

Mike

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
Is he really going to race this? It’s got a super charger, open exposed air filter under the front hood and a few other things make me think this is more of a Terra Crew, track & dune jumping, video stunt truck vs a purpose built race truck with VW body on it.

He’s gonna race it. Hasn’t picked the events last I checked.
It will be on display at the SDHQ vendor booth at KOH on Thursday or Friday, or both days.
BTW-Wilkey just won the KOH class 11 race.

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
He’s gonna race it. Hasn’t picked the events last I checked.
It will be on display at the SDHQ vendor booth at KOH on Thursday or Friday, or both days.
BTW-Wilkey just won the KOH class 11 race.
Again? The white Eric Solorzano(sp?) lol

JBuggy21

RDC Crypto
Car looks pretty great. It’s awesome that it’s different. If we are talking about it honestly, it looks very hard to work on.

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
Aesthetically I want to throw up in my mouth a little. Functionally I question the visibility over that hood.