Blazer bedsides

Peteh

Reaction
I was looking at the different fiberglass bedsides for a blazer and had a question about the perry/mcneil fiberglass (same as bitting's blazer). I called em but no answer.

Is the rear tire opening in the same place as the stock location or will I have room to move my axle back?

I read when bitting had his front end done the wheelbase was 110, then when he finished the back it was 114...and the tire looks like it'll fit nicely, so i was thinking the bedside openings were moved further back.

top pic is bitting's (perry/mcneil glass), bottom is glassworks glass

philofab

Powered by Optima
Reaction
I'm pretty sure the wheelbase was added to the front...

Peteh

Reaction
I'm pretty sure the wheelbase was added to the front...

so i f' up. i already knew a blazer wheelbase was 106.5 but...i was thinking that he was at 110 before he finished his rear suspension.. then i thought he did the rear and got 114.

but I looked through some of the old threads again and he had 110 when both the front and rear were already completed.. and I got the number 114 from the vehicle specs thread but that was a 2005 thread.

but still..looking at some of the different pics it looks like the openings are a little rearward, but it could be that the openings are just so much larger.