Bleeding a clutch

gcddarren

im having troble bleeding the clutch on my dads 525. i think its a 04 not shure. i tried the same way as bleeding the brakes. pump, hold, loosen, tighten, do again. tried a mighty vac and its not bleeding proper. am i missing something or using the wrong technique?

Any Suggestions?

troyharper

DA Meatball
im having troble bleeding the clutch on my dads 525. i think its a 04 not shure. i tried the same way as bleeding the brakes. pump, hold, loosen, tighten, do again. tried a mighty vac and its not bleeding proper. am i missing something or using the wrong technique?

Any Suggestions?
try ktmtalk.com

200MPHTape

What are you using for fluid? Should be using Magura Blood or like me, B&M Trick Shift! Dezman is right about back bleeding using a syringe or a turkey baster. Witch reminds me I need to bleed mine, I'll let you know how it goes.

PBR

make sure the adjuster wheel on the reservoir is backed all the way out before you bleed. take the lid off your clutch reservoir, get a big syringe and fill it with whatever fluid you use (i use the motorex stuff), slide a wrench (8mm i think) on the clutch bleeder at the engine. then put the filled syringe on the bleeder, as you crack the bleeder with the wrench, squeeze the syringe and you are now "back bleeding". tighten the bleeder when you see no more bubbles coming out of the reservoir and make sure you tighten the wrench while you are still squeezing the syringe so you don't allow any air in. you can use this method on your brakes as well, it's much easier than pumping and cracking and all that stuff.

gcddarren

im going to give it a try this weekend! makes sense. and can you youse this method on car brakes?

PBR

i have never back bleed a car, not really sure if you can or can't.