Bleeding bypasses???

osidepunker

Can anyone help me out here, it seems like I'm not bleeding them properly. When I take them apart my oil looks like soda pop all fizzy with lots of bubbles. They have fresh seals. This is how I'm doing it:

Open all tubes all the way

Fill oil above the resi tube, stroke the ifp so all the bubbles are out of the resi

Put my hand over the opening and turn them upside down. I can hear the tubes bubbling and letting air out. Then I turn it back over, but I orient it so any bubbles rise on the side of the shock body with no tubes. I do this 2 or three times and make sure I dont hear any bubbles from the tubes. I also have to add oil and re-stroke the ifp when the level falls below the resi tube.

Fill oil almost to the top, drop the bearing in so it squirts juuust a little, then re-assemble everything.

Seems to me like I'm doing everything properly, but for some reason the oil is getting air in it. Both bypasses had air in the oil when I took them apart yesdetrday for a revalve, they only had two trips on them since the last revalve.

Any ideas?? Maybe I'm doing it properly, but Im just not being careful?? Or am I missing a step?

osidepunker

Oh forgot to mention, before I drop the bearing in, I close the tubes and stroke the piston. Should I do this before or after I bleed the tubes? Or maybe before AND after haha

osidepunker

Its always going to have bubbles when you take it apart. That's from the cavitation of moving the piston. That's what the nitrogen is for, the pressure stops the bubbles from forming. Skip to 3:50
Holy sht! That was dope! Thx for that

But sometimes I take my shocks apart and the oil is clear. Sometimes I take them apart and it looks like strawberry milk. When it looks like that I throw it out. But I this last time it looked like fizzy soda. My assumption was milky meant air in there for a long time and soda pop meant air in there briefly. But maybe I don't what the hell I'm talking about haha

Now, this last time I let them sit over night and today all the bubbles were gone so I putting them back together and reused the oil. It still looked brand new.

powerbox_builder

Your doing it right! Should be messy. If oil squirts out when you push the race in, then you got all the air out. Spend more time driving the damn thing and less time worrying about how bubbly you oil is!

osidepunker

Your doing it right! Should be messy. If oil squirts out when you push the race in, then you got all the air out. Spend more time driving the damn thing and less time worrying about how bubbly you oil is!
jajaja ok I can do that!