Blemished Tires

Motorider

Reaction
Does anyone have any experience with blemished tires? As my hunt for used tires is slow going, someone told me about blems. From what I understand, a company cannot actually sell a defective tire, but the blem. tires that they sell have some visual defect that does not compromise the integrity of the tire. Let me know what you think, and does anyone know a shop in so cal. where you can buy blems. I am looking for 33X12.5R15 BFG M/T's
Thanks

Eric_M

Reaction
try Discount Tire, a few of my friends have actually picked up a tire or 2 at a time while paying like 35-40 bucks a tire, some just had the white writing scratched off during shiping or something. but one of my friends picked up a set of 4 blems from discount tire in ocean side for about 200 bucks i think! so its all timing, but check a few discount tire locations, theres one in san marcos that just opened, one in vista off of S Santa Fe, and one on ocean side. those are the only 3 i can think of for now! good luck on your search!

stupid people shouldnt breed!

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
You can get all kinds of junk from lots of tire companys and similar places, They are called SECONDS, like second string, rims, tires, etc.

Do we have a rule book? A rule book, sir?
You know, a book with rules in it.

Motorider

Reaction
Well, I called around at the discount tire shops, and if they sold blems, they didn't sell BFG's, and some of the said they only sell first rate stuff. And Mission is a bit far for me to go, because I am about 8 miles from the Mexico border. Do you know of any others?
Thanks

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Americas tire in Glendora had a set of 33/12.5/15 muds that are the older style but was willing to let them go for the price BFG would give them if they sent them back. A customer returned them stating that they didn't hold up to the weather while they sat in the sun. There are some small cracks on the knobs but no big deal.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>