• Forum membership has its advantages....

BLM at Laughlin

pjc

Chairman
I just came back from the BLM RAC (mostly bureaucrats and old hippies) meeting. The Laughlin race came up at the very end. The head BLM guy will be there to oversee his troops. Evidently the Chamber of Commerce has concerns about how they operate.

He was not aware that there was another race that was pulling spectators and racers from this venue.

PJCinLV

Rory

Crayola Killer
Right on Pat, Take them to Parker with you =)

Racers Only

pjc

Chairman
Rory,

Each area has it's own BLM king or Queendom.

The NV guys are from "horrible to cool" depending on what district. The Laughlin and Vegas district are neither, more somewhere in between.

A lot fo the Cali BLM'ers are on the eco-nazi bankroll and should all be fired.

I don't know much about the AZ folks..

The Vegas branch had an incredible amount of rangers out at the last BITD race which they hit Casey for an additional $11000 to pay their overtime and lodging. They were everywhere. More than I have ever seen. At another BITD race in another BLM district, you never see the BLM. And of course there is not a rediculous surcharge. It's all up to the desires of the local BLM District Manager. It's pretty easy to get a feeling on who is on a power strip or whom, is biased. You should see how pissed this one guy gets when I ask these questions at the meetings. He never takes my calls or even answers my emails. So I have to put him on the spot in front of the whole BLM RAC. Really, too bad...

Anywaze, there will probably be more BLM rangers at Laughlin than ever before.

Lastly, please remember that the BLM does have some superb, fair, honest and forthright people that truly beleive that our community has every right to be in the dez. The #1 travesty on our part is to alienate these good folks and the support they bring. Everyone should consider that the BLM'er approaching you at one of these races is one of the ones on our side.

PJCinLV

martininsocal

Absolutely!!!

Please don't miss the oppurtunity to educate them about our sport or who we are! At a Laughlin race several years ago I was headed to BLM jail until I was able to educate the BLM officer about why I did what I did, that I had authority to doit, and that no citizen of U.S. of A. could be arrested for helping people in a time of need. While it may have made himn and his superior officer admit to being wrong, the point was made and taken by atleast that one officer and he admitted I had changed his outlook on us as a whole.
When they approach you, they do it with the attitude that evryone of us is a flat biller Glamis punk trying to tear up the desert. Don't feed that misconception. Be the upright citizen and prove to them we deserve to be out in the desert by being the example of a responsible, trustworthy desert user who can function in a multiple use desert. Make them think twice about their attitude.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Rory

Crayola Killer
Re: Absolutely!!!

Well said Martin. On a different note, I heard that Shea rd in Parker will be closed off to spectators, campers and just about everyone else. Is this true? I thought thats where all the pits were set up like in the old days. There use to be motorhomes lined up all the way down Osbourne wash. BUMMER. Looks like Laughlin isn't the only race filled with restrictions eh?

Racers Only