BLM Gets New Director

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
While this isn't spanking fresh news.............

BLM Gets New Director

President Obama has announced his intention to nominate Bob Abbey as the next Director of the agency. Abbey hails from the State of Nevada and his candidacy has the strong backing of Nevada Senator Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader. Abbey was a long time employee of both the Bureau of Land Management and the State of Nevada and has an extensive background in managing public lands. As the largest landlord in the U. S., BLM controls 256 million acres, and the Director has a lot of say over how that land is used by all sorts of entities, including recreation.

The one thing that sends up lots of red flags for me is the statement that: "his candidacy has the strong backing of Nevada Senator Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader".
Harry Reid has either been personally responsible for, or has been a significant player in, MILLIONS of acres of land closures in the last year.

Mr Abby may be a friend to off roaders, and I am just not aware of it, but as I stated above; any friend of Harry Reid, I would sure look twice at........................................

Reaction
He's affiliated with our friends at the CBD, IIRC.

Tipracer

Reaction
Affiliated or in bed with??? Maybe we should try and let him know about how wacked out the CBD really is. I will find out more info on this guy and post it up.

Reaction
Check out what BRC has to say about him. I saw an article this morning in the July DUSTY TIMES. Probably on the BRC website. Abbey is also associated with PEER and RRR.