Blue Light Green Light?

dirtslinger

Reaction
I heard recently that all the racing orgs in the states may switch from blue lights to green lights, not just California races.

Can anyone confirm that?

Fourstroker

Reaction
SNORE allows green as an alternative to blue.

snoreracer

Reaction
I wonder if BITD will follow suit. I heard the BLM was going to have all of us stop using blue.
So far just the Barstow district of the BLM are misinterpreting how the California regulation is written on red and blue lights in the desert. The Ridgecrest office is fine with blue as long as you are not on a paved road , Las Vegas is the same way as is the Ely BLM district.

QurtysLyn

Reaction
BLM didn't say a thing about the Blue Lights on the backs of vehicles during our race on Saturday in the Salt Lake District.

johndjmix

Reaction
A bunch of us on here were thinking to use green as the universal standard in chase vehicle rear lights so chase vehicles can be identified vs race vehicles.

--John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Chase vehicles should not have to be designated, they shouldn't be travelling down the course where a light should be needed. If a chase vehicle is on the course, it should not be in dust or ever get close enough to affect any racer's race. They should be well off the course long before a light would be needed for a racer to realize they are a chaser. And if they get caught by a racer and haven't moved over when caught, then I think all rules of nerfing should apply to them.Chasers should know better.

Dave In Florida

Reaction
Green makes sense because it's the wavelength the human eye sees easiest, thus, green light can be seen from the farthest away, or in dusty conditions.

johndjmix

Reaction
Of course they should. And of course everyone tries to do just that. But find me one person that's been to Baja a few times, and hasent had to go on the course. It's there not be be used as a "hey I can do what I want and be an idiot" light, more of a warning light for when your pulling out a stuck truck.

Also, it was pointed out by another user on race dezert, it would be nice to use to know of another team vehicle in an area. In Mexico there's always so many locals and fans hanging out near pits and all over, if a vehicle has the greens you would know this is another teams chase and would know to head over to them for help if you needed something. It would distinguish race team vehicles from fans.

--John

Chase vehicles should not have to be designated, they shouldn't be travelling down the course where a light should be needed. If a chase vehicle is on the course, it should not be in dust or ever get close enough to affect any racer's race. They should be well off the course long before a light would be needed for a racer to realize they are a chaser. And if they get caught by a racer and haven't moved over when caught, then I think all rules of nerfing should apply to them.Chasers should know better.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Do you think that locals in Mexico would not get green lights just like all the cool chasers have? There are plenty of ways to figure out if it is a pit or not. The majority of teams put out signs ahead of the pit. to let their drivers know they are approaching it. If a car is on the race course, it should have what any other car on the course has, an amber dust light.