Blue lights

T.martin

RDC Crypto
I've raced a few years of Jeepspeed. I thought the blue light was to designate a speed difference. Some clarification in the rule books wouldn't hurt. Something else to consider, sometimes there isn't a place to move over. With limited suspension travel, solid axles, and 33" tires, I have to be selective on where I move over. I'm not going to chance hitting a big rock or bush off course just so someone can get by.

RDC Crypto
@fastfelix has a point on some of this. This does need a review for almost every org. I race in a class that requires a blue light. I can do 100+, run 37's (some run 40s), weigh in around 5k lbs, and have a bumper that can take a hit. Yet, we have to run a blue/green light. I get it, the class was initially intended as a sportsman class. Let's be honest, it is no longer that. Yet, rulebook has not changed. We know that within our class, we can nerf, so it is not a problem, but the technicality still exists.

Another good example is the handful of JeepSpeed classes that exist. At the Mint, we (1450) start behind a couple of the JeepSpeed classes. All or most of us are faster than those JeepSpeed classes in front of us. They have a blue light. Can we nerf? Is an ex-Protruck a JeepSpeed class that requires a blue light? Or is it a JeepSpeed class that can be nerfed. 🤷‍♂️

But to ultimately address the question, that needs to be raised with the org.

Roman How are the upgrades going???

I run a GG rear light bar and we tested the different colors at night trailing in the dust and the green cuts threw the dust way better then the amber and red, so we run the green in our bar for safety. No other reason.
We have be asked to run the round 4" or 5" blue light at the mint and we refused and said we do not need it.... they said ok and walked off no issues.

There should be a designated industry wide run this color size for XYZ class or classes only and stipulate they are not allowed to be nerfed or bumped by faster classes.
In class nerfing should be allowed and stipulated... IMO

Now who is going to decide the classes and work on organizing all the different organizations to make it universal across the board??????

Advertising supports this site

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto

I run a GG rear light bar and we tested the different colors at night trailing in the dust and the green cuts threw the dust way better then the amber and red, so we run the green in our bar for safety. No other reason.
We have be asked to run the round 4" or 5" blue light at the mint and we refused and said we do not need it.... they said ok and walked off no issues.

There should be a designated industry wide run this color size for XYZ class or classes only and stipulate they are not allowed to be nerfed or bumped by faster classes.

Now who is going to decide the classes and work on organizing all the different organizations to make it universal across the board??????
who???, i nominate MTP& FF as alternate😬,ps, score moto guys should be lit up like a Christmas tree, the bike,& the rider, i would say the rider should have strobe lights at all angles, if said rider was down& seperated from bike, and a car was approaching, the rider would have a better chance of being seen all lit up, reflective helmet& riding gear too, be safe👍

Last edited:

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Blue Light WARNING.
Score is mandating, as of 6/1/22, that all riders on Bikes and Quads, run a rear facing Blue light. w/ daylight visible strobe...
Competition rules..., pg.4

Dam, we have the PERFECT light for this brightest and smallest. Got to get some marketing up for SCORE racers!

—john

EL ROMAN

RDC Crypto

@J.Williams1405 Upgrades are coming in but the work on the truck isn't 😬 Something about chopping off the front 1/4 of the truck that makes me nervous LOL

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
do you have any actual specs of those lights? looked on the site but it only says "super bright"

Check out the video:

Shoot me a PM and I’ll hook you up. We put a lot of work into these and are very proud of them, anyone on RDC I’ll do a few at almost cost. After being rear ended hard in the past, I want to help the racing community as much as possible to avoid this.

—john

me_be_db1

RDC Crypto
Check out the video:

Shoot me a PM and I’ll hook you up. We put a lot of work into these and are very proud of them, anyone on RDC I’ll do a few at almost cost. After being rear ended hard in the past, I want to help the racing community as much as possible to avoid this.

—john

This isn't going to cut it for the Bikes.
they need to replace or add above their , backpack warn, Red strobe with a Blue strobe. (each rider)
Though, these are perfect and dimensionally correct for the rear of the tundra. above the bumper...

Edit;
Any Bike guys needing the blue strobe, nightrider has exactly what you want. it's on their website.
they were at Tech for the 21B1k. I purchased a headlamp and got the Roeseler cost... right place at the right time

Last edited:

fastfelix

RDC Crypto
Check out the video:

—john

Sometimes has nothing to do with being seen. The trophylite that hit us twice and other 11 cars said (I didn’t know I couldn’t hit you) mind you was no horn nothing. I wasn’t in car at time but Tim Sletten and Leslie Sanchez were. Between the 2 there’s a lot of seat time. My point in this is some people are just wieners

FourLow

RDC Crypto
I liked the idea of duct-taping quarts of used oil to the back bumper.

I knew a guy who would zip tie Monster BFC's to his rear bumper.......

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
Check out the video:

—john

How much? I’ll run one if the price is right. shoot me a PM. I like safety stuff. Especially incredibly bright annoying safety stuff. Is this the XL?

Last edited:

Gadzooks2

RDC Crypto
Website
www.cnse.engr.ucr.edu
Everyone seems to have forgotten why Jeepspeeds originally needed blue lights. The Cherokees are Unibody station wagons and regardless how well you build the bumpers a good whack can permanently fold up the chassis like a piece of aluminum foil that can never be straightened out. Not so with the full framed wranglers and trucks that are now allowed in the class.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
Everyone seems to have forgotten why Jeepspeeds originally needed blue lights. The Cherokees are Unibody station wagons and regardless how well you build the bumpers a good whack can permanently fold up the chassis like a piece of aluminum foil that can never be straightened out. Not so with the full framed wranglers and trucks that are now allowed in the class.
you never saw my 1700 did you?, i sure miss it, the unibody was the jig for a chro-mo tig welded space/ tube frame,yes, i built it that way because of the unibody storys' these things will split in 2 with a good whack'😱😨😵💥

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
How much? I’ll run one if the price is right. shoot me a PM. I like safety stuff. Especially incredibly bright annoying safety stuff. Is this the XL?
No, that was the normal pierce. The XL is triple the brightness!!! We kinda went a little insane with the XL, its a bit too much for some!

Normal price is $50 for the normal, $99 for the XL's, but ill hook it up, just shoot me a PM or call wild and ask for me...

--John

BoscoKID

RDC Crypto
Website
www.teamh12one.com
I race class11. I run a green (blue light). I have seen all classes even some unlimited classe running a green blue light. Pro turbos run blue lights. My understanding was blue/green lights were for us little guys so you don’t hit us. Who do we speak to about making this right and sharing with all beings some seem to hit us and claim they didn’t know
Who do you speak to? The rule book in which sanction you are racing in. Snore, Score, Norra... That is your first stop to see what their rules are. Blue light (as I understand) identifies you as having an Unprotected rear end vs. those that have a caged rear end. If someone nurfs you, and they say they did not know,,,well, they're just playing dumb on you as they look at your destroyed engine that had no cage protection. As far as sharing,,,attend your Driver's meeting, raise you hand, stand up and preach it! "I have NO CAGE protecting my engine!! Don't Nurf Me!!" But, you better have a good co-driver watching your six, and when someone comes from behind, get the hek out of the way ASAP.

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto

Thats some interesting research.

The reason we run yellow/amber lights is based in history.
When they introduced the rear facing safety lights one could only purchase White, Amber or Red lights.

White is forward facing driving illumination.
Red is break lights and tail lights.

That left only Amber lights. Those you could buy at your local Autozone of the day.

Whereas today any color light can be produced via inexpensive LED's

Is it time to change it all and pick the most efficient light (green?). Good luck with that.

How about strobe lights. A high intensity but shorter burst of light. I see motorcycles and some modified cars on the street use a blink/strobe to get your attention more before the break lights light up solid. Bicyclist as well use strobes and they grab attention.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Thats some interesting research.

The reason we run yellow/amber lights is based in history.
When they introduced the rear facing safety lights one could only purchase White, Amber or Red lights.

White is forward facing driving illumination.
Red is break lights and tail lights.

That left only Amber lights. Those you could buy at your local Autozone of the day.

Whereas today any color light can be produced via inexpensive LED's

Is it time to change it all and pick the most efficient light (green?). Good luck with that.

How about strobe lights. A high intensity but shorter burst of light. I see motorcycles and some modified cars on the street use a blink/strobe to get your attention more before the break lights light up solid. Bicyclist as well use strobes and they grab attention.
Strobes should be mandatory for dust reasons.

And a special “stopped vehicle” strobe pattern would be great so drivers would know it’s a stopped vehicle vs chasing someone in their dust.