Blue lights

usmcgunrock

RDC Crypto
I don't understand why some ppl just will not move over I mean your getting lapped! if a faster car catches me I have no problem letting them pass. Ppl want to race anyone I guess doesn't matter if there getting lapped or not they just do not want to get passed.

Lol if ppl are that afraid of getting nurfed either drive faster or move over its really pretty simple

Just curious if you have raced limited class @10 shot ? With smaller tires and small HP you can't just get in and out of two track. I have run in a handful of different classes and we will always move but at the same time we are going to move when we have a spot we can. Following a 11 car up a sandy section into a mountain pass you are not going to get them to pull over and stop at a hole in the bushes because they will not get going again killing their race. Or deep two track that they will high center over or have to thread the needle to not put it on its side. You have to give these guys some grace in where they can move and remember even if they are a lot slower they could be the leader or chasing the leader in their class. 95% of them want to get out of your way as soon as they can. But like every class there are the 5% that don't care about anything but themselves.

we had to run one in our old 9 car but there was not a no nerfing rule, the light was to tell others we were slower and the closing rate was huge.
as far as i know (unless otherwise stated at a drivers meeting )and i thought this was common knowledge ,the only class that cannot be nurffed is class 11

but i guess common knowledge is not so common any more

I think class 9 had a no nurf at one point but then again I could easily be mistaken. The problem is that it could be common knowledge but when someone goes aginst that how can they be penalized when it is not spelled out in the rule book as to what they did wrong?

Why is this not a thing? I can see why running one would be an advantage because people wont nerf you. Wait..... Ok, they might not nerf you? They probably wont? Whatever...

I would be pissed it I was riding the ass of someone who wouldnt move over only to find out later that they were actually nerf legal but identifying as off limits to nerfs.

[ THREAD HIJACK- HOW / WHEN /BY WHO WAS THE TERM NERF COINED ?}

I think this is one of the biggest things because a lot of racers see the blue/green and give that car more grace when it can get out of the way knowing they have a lot of vehicle limitations. So then when it is a car that is not the case it makes them second guess giving that same grace next time they come up on a car with the light. Example a 4 banger 7s vs a v8 1450. Both running the same rear green light. And from the rear, in the dust, bouncing around, how quickly can you tell the difference between the two trucks?

IMO blue lights are 11s, plus vintage and mil
spec classes in orgs that have those classes. Those should be completely off limits for nerfing as far as I’m concerned.

I get the "for closing speed" thing also. But what about blue/green for slow cars and a strobing one for no nerfing cars?

Everyone seems to have forgotten why Jeepspeeds originally needed blue lights. The Cherokees are Unibody station wagons and regardless how well you build the bumpers a good whack can permanently fold up the chassis like a piece of aluminum foil that can never be straightened out. Not so with the full framed wranglers and trucks that are now allowed in the class.

Exactly. And how many stock class SUVs use to run?

Who do you speak to? The rule book in which sanction you are racing in. Snore, Score, Norra... That is your first stop to see what their rules are. Blue light (as I understand) identifies you as having an Unprotected rear end vs. those that have a caged rear end. If someone nurfs you, and they say they did not know,,,well, they're just playing dumb on you as they look at your destroyed engine that had no cage protection. As far as sharing,,,attend your Driver's meeting, raise you hand, stand up and preach it! "I have NO CAGE protecting my engine!! Don't Nurf Me!!" But, you better have a good co-driver watching your six, and when someone comes from behind, get the hek out of the way ASAP.

Maybe this whole conversation is incorrect. I just went through SCORE, SNORE, MORE, BITD, and Mint 400 rule books.

Mint mentions the blue light (if your class req it) but not what it is for and then in the class 11 rules it doesn't say that you need one.

SCORE mentions the blue light and what classes need it but not why

SNORE, MORE, BITD mention the blue/green light and what classes need it and that it is for slower cars.

None of the rule books say ANY class is off limits to nurfing. I guess that was dropped from all rulebooks for all classes at some point over the years. So without it being in the rule book, if someone does bump a class 11 how would they get penalized? What rule would be used as the basis of the infraction?

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Just curious if you have raced limited class @10 shot ? With smaller tires and small HP you can't just get in and out of two track. I have run in a handful of different classes and we will always move but at the same time we are going to move when we have a spot we can. Following a 11 car up a sandy section into a mountain pass you are not going to get them to pull over and stop at a hole in the bushes because they will not get going again killing their race. Or deep two track that they will high center over or have to thread the needle to not put it on its side. You have to give these guys some grace in where they can move and remember even if they are a lot slower they could be the leader or chasing the leader in their class. 95% of them want to get out of your way as soon as they can. But like every class there are the 5% that don't care about anything but themselves.

I think class 9 had a no nurf at one point but then again I could easily be mistaken. The problem is that it could be common knowledge but when someone goes aginst that how can they be penalized when it is not spelled out in the rule book as to what they did wrong?

I think this is one of the biggest things because a lot of racers see the blue/green and give that car more grace when it can get out of the way knowing they have a lot of vehicle limitations. So then when it is a car that is not the case it makes them second guess giving that same grace next time they come up on a car with the light. Example a 4 banger 7s vs a v8 1450. Both running the same rear green light. And from the rear, in the dust, bouncing around, how quickly can you tell the difference between the two trucks?

I get the "for closing speed" thing also. But what about blue/green for slow cars and a strobing one for no nerfing cars?

Maybe this whole conversation is incorrect. I just went through SCORE, SNORE, MORE, BITD, and Mint 400 rule books.

Mint mentions the blue light (if your class req it) but not what it is for and then in the class 11 rules it doesn't say that you need one.

SNORE, MORE, BITD mention the blue/green light and what classes need it and that it is for slower cars.

None of the rule books say ANY class is off limits to nurfing. I guess that was dropped from all rulebooks for all classes at some point over the years. So without it being in the rule book, if someone does bump a class 11 how would they get penalized? What rule would be used as the basis of the infraction?
Not talking about passing a class 11 more about larger slower classes like jeep speed with 4wd that want to race you in a wash and there getting lapped but want to play games as your leading your class and everyone is now catching you because there is a dork that doesn't want to get lapped so he weaves over in your passing lane to block you from passing then you punt him and he cries that you put a dent in his blue light jeep. That's my last experience with a slower limited vehicle that was just being a ass hat!

Advertising supports this site

J Prich

RDC Crypto

I don't recall personally, but it's possible that most orgs have never written in a specific "no nerfing" rule. I'm pretty sure we have something that alludes to excessive nerfing (which is obviously fairly subjective) but I think most orgs that I recall have usually verbally stated no nerfing policies and that would fall under the catch all rule almost all orgs have I think, that leave discretion to the race director.

I don't know what the right rear facing light/signal answer is but I agree there should be something. If it's not consistent across orgs it will also be problematic so it would be cool to see a universal standard here. Said this in the Mint thread maybe but I firmly believe that the single best way to help enforce this rule is for 11s, vintage cars, etc to have rear facing GoPros. It's not 100% obviously as things can happen, but having been a part of the post race decision making process a few times I can say that the existence of that kind of footage would make many of the he said - he said convos a slam dunk. IMO once the rule is stated that no one can hit this class or that class, all the org needs is validation that it happened and it becomes reasonably actionable.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Please leave the flashing blue lights in the sportsmen level classes. I don’t recall which race but I believe it was last years 500 I almost ran our car off of a small cliff chasing someone in the dust and they had a rear facing flashing blue light bar that was so distracting and eyeball piercing I couldn’t focus on the road. F that. I’ll purposely crush the next guy in a nerf-able vehicle trying to pull that. Not cool.

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
Strobes should be mandatory for dust reasons.

And a special “stopped vehicle” strobe pattern would be great so drivers would know it’s a stopped vehicle vs chasing someone in their dust.
Thats a good idea...strobe flashing red...only for stopped conditions.

me_be_db1

RDC Crypto
Score has a written policy… just gotta do your homework.
1B6B04C7-3F2A-4723-B88E-8A14E0F44EF0.jpeg

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
Please leave the flashing blue lights in the sportsmen level classes. I don’t recall which race but I believe it was last years 500 I almost ran our car off of a small cliff chasing someone in the dust and they had a rear facing flashing blue light bar that was so distracting and eyeball piercing I couldn’t focus on the road. F that. I’ll purposely crush the next guy in a nerf-able vehicle trying to pull that. Not cool.
The blue light we are forced to run is the most blinding light I’ve ever seen. It’s absolutely miserable to be behind. Even in the daylight sometimes

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
The blue light we are forced to run is the most blinding light I’ve ever seen. It’s absolutely miserable to be behind. Even in the daylight sometimes
If I’m passed by blue lights classes then I have no complaints. It’s anyone class 10 and above. I didn’t know that score had a rule in place against running them. Even more of a reason to punt someone.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
If I’m passed by blue lights classes then I have no complaints. It’s anyone class 10 and above. I didn’t know that score had a rule in place against running them. Even more of a reason to punt someone.
SXS aren’t rhino 600’s any more. i dont think we need them. We run a decent speed. Leave the blue lights to classes that can’t be nerfed per the rule book and start enforcing that again.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
I don't recall personally, but it's possible that most orgs have never written in a specific "no nerfing" rule. I'm pretty sure we have something that alludes to excessive nerfing (which is obviously fairly subjective) but I think most orgs that I recall have usually verbally stated no nerfing policies and that would fall under the catch all rule almost all orgs have I think, that leave discretion to the race director.

I don't know what the right rear facing light/signal answer is but I agree there should be something. If it's not consistent across orgs it will also be problematic so it would be cool to see a universal standard here. Said this in the Mint thread maybe but I firmly believe that the single best way to help enforce this rule is for 11s, vintage cars, etc to have rear facing GoPros. It's not 100% obviously as things can happen, but having been a part of the post race decision making process a few times I can say that the existence of that kind of footage would make many of the he said - he said convos a slam dunk. IMO once the rule is stated that no one can hit this class or that class, all the org needs is validation that it happened and it becomes reasonably actionable.
no protesting period!!, unless you got video.....next, ( also on trying to pass an 11 up a sandy steep one line in your more capable race car, look ahead people, slow up a little before hill, see if herbie makes it BEFORE you gas it to get RIGHT ON HERBIES A&& half way up said nasty hill😬

y2kbaja

RDC Crypto
At the Vorra race in Yerington this past weekend the course was 40-mile laps with all the classes combined. I think about every car passed my kids at least once. The only issue they had was a black truck with no lights, they just didn't see him until he was on their bumper. Point is, if you want to get by slower traffic you should have forward facing lights on in the dust.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
My 9-car has green flashing/strobes. It means I/we are watching our mirrors and will move over when caught if not before. That's my definition of the blue/green light rule.
So no light? No need to look in the mirrors?

WOW. I had no idea people viewed the rule this way

usmcgunrock

RDC Crypto
At the Vorra race in Yerington this past weekend the course was 40-mile laps with all the classes combined. I think about every car passed my kids at least once. The only issue they had was a black truck with no lights, they just didn't see him until he was on their bumper. Point is, if you want to get by slower traffic you should have forward facing lights on in the dust.
I second this. I run amber light on the front of every car I am in. The other thing you can do easily also is tie the light into the siren. When you hit the siren the light strobes.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
So before bitd had the current tracker box they are using now they had said anyone that did not move over after getting a pass alert 3 times would be penalized. I imagine they dropped that because ppl give the alerts way too far back especially if the course zig zags . I have found if you alert someone all you do is give them a heads up to rabbit. There is nothing more shocking than racing as fast as you think your going and get punted ! You normally pull over quickly. The nerf or punt and sometimes the slam! Seems to work the best even today! Blue lights suck to follow even in there own class I can't imagine it's a joy!