Blue Water GP

Hayward Racing

Reaction
This looks super fun who's racing? I'd like to come out and run the separate open race.

jfracerzr

Reaction
we will be racing our polaris rzr
and we will be pitting with a buddy of ours riding a polaris outlaw

D Bergstrom

Reaction
We will be there, already mailed in the entry. Be prepared for hot weather...

Doug

Harpo

Reaction
#428 Walker. Cockrell & Grosse Quad Expert

RacerX1

Reaction
Yay, I can't wait. My first BITD race in a while. I'll be racing it - midget girl's team! My partner is even smaller than me. Should be fun and yes, super hot!

Doug, how long is the actual GP, time wise? I know the course is 11 miles.

D Bergstrom

Reaction
Doug, how long is the actual GP, time wise? I know the course is 11 miles.
I want to say last year the leaders were running 15 to 17 minute laps or so, so the leader will be done in just over two hours, if we are doing 8 laps like years past.

Glad to see you back at a BITD race Patty.

Doug

RacerX1

Reaction
I want to say last year the leaders were running 15 to 17 minute laps or so, so the leader will be done in just over two hours, if we are doing 8 laps like years past.

Glad to see you back at a BITD race Patty.

Doug
Ok cool. Thanks Doug! I was hoping it was at least 1.5 hours. Diane gave me my old number too - #420. :) See you guys there.

FullsizeFun

Reaction
I'll be there racing. this will be my first race in a long time, been doing supermoto for the last couple years.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Might take out the 1941 rhino out of retirement for one race! :D
I wont lie though it was SO hot last year! Went straight from the finish podeum into the river driving suit and all! haha

GBK MOTORSPORTS

Reaction
Q17 Pro Quad. Robbie Cockrell and Jeremy Gray.

FullsizeFun

Reaction
How many classes do they run at a time? I've done D37 GP's but never a BITD race. Will it be similar to the D37 GP's?

trentk

Reaction
How is this race course normally? Is this the one that is typically brutal due to the whoops and heat?

I'd like to make this one but May is really packed, there is an 8 hour team race at Grinding Stone on the 3rd, Whiplash 150 mile Rocky Point mexico race on the 15th and baja 500 pre run on the 23rd!

Thanks,
Trent

D Bergstrom

Reaction
How many classes do they run at a time? I've done D37 GP's but never a BITD race. Will it be similar to the D37 GP's?
The past years there have been four actual races, not including the unclassified races. Each race has a different number of classes, last year they had all the quads in one, the bikes split over two, and then the fourth was Trophy Lites and UTV's. This year, the Trohpy Lites are not racing, so not sure if the UTV's will have there own race, or they may do what they did the first year and put the pro quads and UTV's in there own race. Hopefully BITD will release a schedule in the next week.

How is this race course normally? Is this the one that is typically brutal due to the whoops and heat?
Yes, Trent, this is the one. The unclassified race in the morning is not to bad, but after a couple of races, it is nothing but whoops. The heat does not help either.

Doug

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
Reaction
This is a very fun race. I did it last year for the first time and had a blast. Not sure if I'm going to make it this year.

While there are whoops I wouldn't let that scare some of you off. There is also a lot of other fun stuff too. We got to ride thru a barn last year on a slick concrete slab which was fun!

The heat wasn't unbearable either and the river is right next to the pits so you can always jump in to cool off during the race like I heard some of the riders were doing.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Yay, I can't wait. My first BITD race in a while. I'll be racing it - midget girl's team! My partner is even smaller than me. Should be fun and yes, super hot!
Who are you ridng with??? I wont be there. Jason will be there racing with Steve Abrego. Its Mothers Day weekend!!!! :mad: I would need a private jet to pull that race off! Lol...

RacerX1

Reaction
Hey Doug - few more questions... sorry!

Is it worth doing the unclassified race (the separate race in the morning)? I mean, I guess it's good to see the course. Does he lump everyone together for that one or ??

Also, what time approx will/did the Expert quads race? I know for the first year, it was like 4pm or something crazy like that I had heard.

Thanks for your help!

RacerX1

Reaction
Who are you ridng with??? I wont be there. Jason will be there racing with Steve Abrego. Its Mothers Day weekend!!!! :mad: I would need a private jet to pull that race off! Lol...
Hee Hee... hey Marc! Well, it's not Todd ~ LOL. No, it's little Andrea from the 100's MC. She's like my little sis. Can't wait to finally race one with her. She'll have to get used to my big beast however. She's only ever ridden a 2-stroke! :eek::rolleyes:

D Bergstrom

Reaction
Hey Doug - few more questions... sorry!

Is it worth doing the unclassified race (the separate race in the morning)? I mean, I guess it's good to see the course. Does he lump everyone together for that one or ??

Also, what time approx will/did the Expert quads race? I know for the first year, it was like 4pm or something crazy like that I had heard.

Thanks for your help!
No problem on the questions. I do the unclassified race for pretty much two reasons, one to see the course, and two to feel like I actually rode! Figure unless you are racing ironman, you will only get to ride four laps max (44 miles) during the race. (The actual races are 8 laps, while the unclassifed were 6 the first year and 4 the second.) I will pay a extra $50 to ride a extra 3 or 4 laps, at least I feel like I get my monies worth.

Yes the quad unclassified race is just all the quads lumped together. It states it is sinlge rider (So you and your teammate must have your own quad.) but last year I know a couple of teams just rode the race quad and then switched off every lap to see the course. Once every teammate did a lap they just parked and took a DNF. Most people only seem to ride a lap or two anyway.

There are basically three unclassified races, one for all bikes, one for all quads, and then one for UTV's. Then there are four other races for the different classes. The first year the pro quads raced with the UTV's as the second race of the day, then the rest of the quads raced at the end of the day. Last year was a little different because the Trophy Lite/Class 1 Lites were racing. All of the quads raced the second race and the Lites and UTV's raced last. I really have no idea what the schedule will be for this year, I would think Casey would go back to the first year, since there are no Lites, but I know alot of the quad pros were complaing about having to race with the UTV's, so your guess on when we will race is as good as mine! Hopefully we will see a scedule soon and we are the second race again, being last sucked the first year.

Doug

RacerX1

Reaction
Thanks for all the info Doug! Diane says they are working on the schedule and it will be out next week. It would be cool if it was a 2-day event like most other GP's, but I know that is more costly.