Blue Water GP

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
My son Kane 357 will be racing the Aprillia. Looking forward to Parker. This will be the first BITD race I've been to with him.

jfracerzr

Reaction
Thanks for all the info Doug! Diane says they are working on the schedule and it will be out next week. It would be cool if it was a 2-day event like most other GP's, but I know that is more costly.

hey patty
is chris going to race the rzr

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
No, it's little Andrea from the 100's MC. She's like my little sis. Can't wait to finally race one with her. She'll have to get used to my big beast however. She's only ever ridden a 2-stroke! :eek::rolleyes:
Very cool. Im glad. Last I heard her parents would let her race/ride anymore. Same Andrea?

RacerX1

Reaction
hey patty
is chris going to race the rzr
Hey Jeff - probly not. He thought about it but he really can't handle sitting in that heat all day long. If it was only going to be 85 that day, then maybe. But I'm sure it's going to be 95+.

Marc yes, it is that Andrea. She has started racing again this past year. She might be racing the National this weekend too! She's a really good rider. Her mom said since it's me that she'll be racing with, then she can do it. (how cute is that...) ;)

ikikazz73

Reaction
robbie, are you entered to race quad pro and quad expert? if so then that tells me that the pro's and experts arent racing against each other

GBK MOTORSPORTS

Reaction
robbie, are you entered to race quad pro and quad expert? if so then that tells me that the pro's and experts arent racing against each other

Im not sure if the classes run together or not. Im not going to get any seat time on the Exp. bike unless it needs to make up time. We decided since we placed 2nd overall last year as an expert maybe we could get lucky in the pro class this year! Im hoping they are combined like last year, that seemed to be a good format. Looking forward to seeing everyone next to the river!

fat pat

Reaction
<----- Going to be there.... Racing to see how many cold beers I can force down my throat while watching the days event...While knee deep in the water....Good times for all. :cool:

Dirty Neil

Reaction
I should be there too. I am pitting for Pat. I'll make sure he has a fresh beer every lap...LOL.. We are just going to watch this one. Last year was a blast, although it was hotter then... After my race I jumped staight into the river with full gear on.

Patty, definately do the unclassified race. Everyone is running it a mellow pace to get a feel for the track. Bring an extra quad to run it on if ya got one. Just do like Doug said take a couple laps, then pull in and take the DNF.

eschettler

Reaction
Weren't the races 8 laps last year?:confused: The schedule shows 6 for this year. I e-mailed BITD asking for more laps b/c with a 3 man team if you get lapped by the leader then one rider only gets to do one lap and that would really suck. I think they should shorten the Open races (since everyone does 2 laps and DNFs anyway) and combine the UTV and Quad Open race so that all of the real races can go 7 or 8 laps.
If you agree, please let BITD know so we can all get our monies worth.

Thanks.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ikikazz73

Reaction
Why should the utv and quad races be together? I think bikes are easier to pass put them with the utv's. OR just let bitd do what they are going to do and smile about it.

RacerX1

Reaction
Patty, definately do the unclassified race. Everyone is running it a mellow pace to get a feel for the track. Bring an extra quad to run it on if ya got one. Just do like Doug said take a couple laps, then pull in and take the DNF.
Hey Neil! How come you're not racing? Is Pat soloing? No way. ;) Are you guys doing any night races this summer or are you done with district?

Yah, I do plan on doing the unclassified. Maybe we'll do what Doug said and I'll do a couple laps and then my partner can do a couple.

I just looked up the weather for next weekend - a "cool" 98 degrees! :)

D Bergstrom

Reaction
Weren't the races 8 laps last year?:confused: The schedule shows 6 for this year. I e-mailed BITD asking for more laps b/c with a 3 man team if you get lapped by the leader then one rider only gets to do one lap and that would really suck. I think they should shorten the Open races (since everyone does 2 laps and DNFs anyway) and combine the UTV and Quad Open race so that all of the real races can go 7 or 8 laps.
If you agree, please let BITD know so we can all get our monies worth.

Thanks.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes, the last two years the "real" races were 8 laps. Not sure I understand why, same number of races as the last two years, but BITD cut the laps. Maybe the loops are longer? Not really thrilled to do the unclassified race with the UTV's, but I guess if it got us extra laps, I might be for it. I will send a e-mail to BITD later today.

What really sucks, is if you think about it, I am spending all this money to go to Parker to race for two laps! (Three man team.) A whole 22 miles!:eek: Just does not seem worth it to me. If this was not a points race, I would not be there....

I just looked up the weather for next weekend - a "cool" 98 degrees! :)

Cold front must be going through!:D Last two years it has been around 104 degrees. Only 98 will be nice!

Doug

Dirty Neil

Reaction
Patty we are not racing the Blue Water, just spectating. As for D-37, my new schedule of working weekends has put a damper on this years race season. I signed up and havent been able to race one race. Boooooo. Pat, Joey and I were thinking of doing one of the night races though, that was really fun.

RacerX1

Reaction
I have a couple more questions ... (sorry, I really hate not knowing)

Are we allowed to drive our trucks down to the pit area by the water to unload everything or should I bring my wagon and hiking shoes?

About the quads, do we really have to use one of those fishtail looking (dorky) number plates in back? I know this is a new rule (last year I think) or can I get away with a regular number plate in back?

Thanks guys and can't wait to see ya'll!

D Bergstrom

Reaction
I have a couple more questions ... (sorry, I really hate not knowing)

Are we allowed to drive our trucks down to the pit area by the water to unload everything or should I bring my wagon and hiking shoes?

About the quads, do we really have to use one of those fishtail looking (dorky) number plates in back? I know this is a new rule (last year I think) or can I get away with a regular number plate in back?

Thanks guys and can't wait to see ya'll!

Patty,

You can use your truck, but your truck can only be in the pit area when no racing is going on. If you look at the final info letter, it will tell you what times you can unload/load everything into the pit area. You can take everything out of the pit during the race, but it will need to be carried out.

As far as the "dorky" number plates. (I take offence to that, since I have them! haha, but then again, my wife does sometimes calls me a dork, soo....:D) I think this has acually been a rule since 2007, but it is only for front and back facing plates, they just "suggest" the fishtail plates.

Doug

eschettler

Reaction
Why should the utv and quad races be together? I think bikes are easier to pass put them with the utv's. OR just let bitd do what they are going to do and smile about it.

I realize that no one wants to race with UTV's but there are much fewer quads than bikes. The open race is just a prerun anyway, wouldn't you rather deal with the UTV's in that race so that you could have a longer Class race?

I would even be fine with the UTV's starting in front of the bikes for the Open race just so that I could have a longer Class race.

eschettler

Reaction
Yes, the last two years the "real" races were 8 laps. Not sure I understand why, same number of races as the last two years, but BITD cut the laps. Maybe the loops are longer? Not really thrilled to do the unclassified race with the UTV's, but I guess if it got us extra laps, I might be for it. I will send a e-mail to BITD later today.

What really sucks, is if you think about it, I am spending all this money to go to Parker to race for two laps! (Three man team.) A whole 22 miles!:eek: Just does not seem worth it to me. If this was not a points race, I would not be there....

Cold front must be going through!:D Last two years it has been around 104 degrees. Only 98 will be nice!

Doug

Thanks for seeing my point. Your spending all this money for 2 laps but what if you have a minor problem and get lapped by the lead Pro, then you did it all for 1 lap (11.5 miles)!!

I noticed last year that BITD really became pressed for time towards the end of the day and cut my race (#6?) by a lap unannounced. I think that they are afraid of falling behind schedule again.

jfracerzr

Reaction
Thanks for seeing my point. Your spending all this money for 2 laps but what if you have a minor problem and get lapped by the lead Pro, then you did it all for 1 lap (11.5 miles)!!

I noticed last year that BITD really became pressed for time towards the end of the day and cut my race (#6?) by a lap unannounced. I think that they are afraid of falling behind schedule again.

but at the parker 250 casey said "bitd always start on time!"

i see your guys point about only doing 6 laps even have a seperate open race most of us utv guys have lights and my dad and i wouldnt have any problem finish the last few laps in the dark :D