Blue Water GP

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Good luck every body. Only good stories when you get back home.

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
We'll be out on course working medical...Hope we just get to wave and cheer you on !! Best of luck and PLEASE BE SAFE!!

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Well I am pretty excited! It is going to be my first quad race, I am not sure if we are going to race Quad Am or Quad Expert as the guy I am teaming with normally races quads. I know I am kinda going at this backwards as I normally race trucks and am going back to a quad! Anyways this course is normally whooped out as some have said but everything from going out on the loop from under the bridge back in to going under the bridge was entirely graded after the Parker 425 rain this year! So maybe it will change things up.....Either way wish me luck LOL

I`ve gone from 1/4 midgets to a 7-s 20 years later to a couple class ones then a prolite for a year and now I`m racing quads in the desert and I`ll be 46 in a couple months.just hurts for a couple days afterwards now.I`ve found that taking two motrin right before I start the race really helps with my hands and body from hurting during the races.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Craig Christy takes 1st place on the Duncan Racing powered, Christys Racing supported Honda TRX450r Expert quad. Jason Wade/Steve Abrego takes 5th place expert quad. Patty Blais and Andrea Bosemer finished I think right behind Jason.
Nic Granlund took the pro ATV class. Dave Scott took 5th.
Heard that Wayne Matlock finished, not sure where, but they had some sort of issue.
Congrats to all the finishers. I didnt hear of any get offs.....Good deal...

HSM123

Reaction
Open Pro - Kamo/Pearson 1st Place /1st OA
4th Strok Pro - Ricky BRabec/Robert Underwood 1st Place/2nd OA

Expert Class - Kyle Mangels/Jerrod Romero - 1st Place

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Updates on Jason Wade, 7th place.
Jeff Hancock 2nd place quad pro.
Josh Row, 6th overall quad from the Ironman class...Heck of a ride. Nice job Josh.

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
In the Ami class the Aprilia team took 1st in class in both Open Ami and 4 Stroke Ami.

Congrats to my son Kane Cook on his 3rd podium appearance this year at BITD. He loves that Apilia 550.

ikikazz73

Reaction
doug bergstrom placed 4th quad expert. wayne had problems with his tie rod, clutch, and bike sometimes not wanting to start.

Dezman

Reaction
Wow I missed racing that pro/expert MC first race it is not as hot and the course is not torn up as racing the ironman expert class man it was hot and rough!!! I quit sweating about half way around on the 4th lap and knew I was in trouble went survival mode ended up 3rd ironman expert behind Max Eddy and Matt Canepa!!! What a great race!!! Thank God the river was there to jump in!!!

Ironman601

Reaction
I got 4th in Q IM. I was not at the start line. I got there just as the last quad was leaving the race course where we started. But I think it worked out for me because I had clean air and not having to battle for position for a lap. I had a good time though. It was just really tough bearing the heat. Trying to conserve energy and water to last 7/8 laps. I missed 3rd by 1 min 11 sec. But still will maintain 2nd in class.

Harpo

Reaction
We finished 2nd in quad expert. Starter button sticks on last engine start just before the green flag, so Robbie rips start button off and ties the two wires together just before the green flag waves. he is second off the line and first into the second turn. He catches and starts mixing it up with the pros at mile #1 and hits a g-out flipping him over the bars. After a couple of minutes, he unscrambles his eggs and gets his bearings. Kyle does his lap and I get on the quad pass quite a few quads and stall it going up the last hill at mile 9.5 and the battery is dead. So I push and push and push and push and push and it finally fires on my 5th try. (good thing, my pusher only has about 5 in it) at the end of lap 3 we are 5th or 6th about 6 minutes down from the class leader. We run a flawless race from that point and end up second on the day 2 minutes down from the Christy team, they are tough. Thanks to Robbie, Jay, and Kyle Grosse.

ACEwrench

Reaction
well our race didnt go so well....Shaun started the race and was in 4th until a rock hit a switch on the plastic (gotta be a 1 in a 1,000,000 shot) killing the motor. by the time he got back in the pack he was well into the Am. Quads. A Lap later we had caught most of the field and passed up to 5th place. The quad then started started spewing some oil and got hot, making it run erratic. We refilled the oil and got 5 laps in before the checkered flew. Not a DNF, but definately not a good finish. Congrats to Greg and Nic.

Last edited:

RacerX1

Reaction
Us girls had a blast! This was my partner's first BITD race and she loved it. We had a great time pitting with Wayne & next to Doug. Doug, your uncle is a riot and your cousin is super nice. Fun stuff.

We ran consistent laps the whole race (that's what us girls do) and I'm not even sure where we ended up. That start was friggin gnarly. I must have had 100 or more rocks pelting me in that first turn - OUCH! We knew we were going to get lapped so we got in 7 laps. We had no issues at all - just lots o' fun. I saw so many people having mechanical issues or heat issues. Quite a few getting heat stroke - that just really sucks. As soon as I would get off the quad, I would soak myself from head to toe until it was time to get back on. It worked great. I stayed super hydrated all day long too. No way would I want to solo this one. The guy next to us did 1 lap in the bike race and got heat stroke. And yah, I saw him drinking beer all morning. Not so smart at all.

How many people stalled it after that water hole? I was so careful in there.

Congrats to Granlund/Stuart and to all the racers. It was great to see Henge and Mikey out there. It's been a long time since I've seen either of them on a bike.

Now where's the results?!

Ironman601

Reaction
I was really careful in the water hole. Tried not to get the CDI wet, I did last year and cost me a lot of time and positions waiting for it to fire back up! Casey said it was part of the Colorado river, but I say a guy out there with a garden hose filling it up each lap :(

ikikazz73

Reaction
Expert Quad Points 2009
Number Name Parker 250 Bluewater GP Total
416 Craig Christy 56 57 113
449 Josh Rowley 47 50 97
421 Jason Wade 49 45 94
437 Doug Bergstrom 45 48 93
428 James Walker 22 53 75
430 Doug Stofferahn 21 44 65

here is the top 6, basicly everyone that has done both races