Bms Off Road HD Chase Truck Build

Blitzkrieg Motorsports

Here is an update on a New 2500 HD we just completed. Some of you may have seen it in the 'industry news' section, but here are some more specs and pics of the truck.

2009 GMC 2500 HD
Diesel
BMS OFF ROAD UCA Kit
BMS OFF ROAD Heim Steering Kit
KING Stock Replacement Shocks front and rear (2.5 hose remote in the front and 2.5 piggyback in the rear)
BTR Simulated Bead Locks
Goodyear Tires

BigBoyBlue

Any chance of a HD coilover in there to eliminate the torsion bars?

I really want a 2500 but ive been thinking of getting a 1500 because im sick of riding on torsions for the last 9 years. IMO coils feel a lot smoother.

Chase 2

Please talk Householder into getting one so I can try it out and see if I want one for my 09 2500 HD Duramax!

Blitzkrieg Motorsports

I really want a 2500 but ive been thinking of getting a 1500 because im sick of riding on torsions for the last 9 years. IMO coils feel a lot smoother.
With how the shocks are set up with the valving, the ride is phenomenal!

That looks great!! I love the BTR wheels, seems like a 33" tire...... looks a tad bit small, but other than that, truck looks great!
Yeah, I think that the tires look a bit small as well. However, the truck is not lifted much from stock, and would take a lot of extra trimming to get bigger tires to fit.

Please talk Householder into getting one so I can try it out and see if I want one for my 09 2500 HD Duramax!
Haha... I've been trying. I think his mind is on getting the TT ready for Primm.
Once I get the kit on my truck I'll make sure to let everyone take a ride.

Thanks!

_Dennis

Dezertpilot

That kit looks great! Perfect upgrade, the look is perfect! I like the look just how it is especially for the people who tow and dont want 35" and 37" tires.

henderoni

The truck in those pictures is my truck, and those shots were taken before I installed the re-indexed torsion keys. Now, the front sits a little taller making it sit level. I have the king shocks front and rear, and I am completely amazed at how well the truck rides and drives. You wouldn't think that a new truck could be improved so dramatically!
I have had it off road, and the new performance is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want some drop down lift kit, or to run huge tires or anything. It's conservative yet functional.

Thanks Nate, great job as always!

Chase 2

The truck in those pictures is my truck, and those shots were taken before I installed the re-indexed torsion keys. Now, the front sits a little taller making it sit level.
WHAT!!!??? No sick "California Squat"???? Oh wait, this isn't Desert Rangers and you bill must not be flat!!!! LOL!!! JK Bros!!!

I didn't want some drop down lift kit, or to run huge tires or anything. It's conservative yet functional.

That is exactly what is needed for a work horse of a chase truck. Built to work not for looks.

BigBoyBlue

The truck in those pictures is my truck, and those shots were taken before I installed the re-indexed torsion keys. Now, the front sits a little taller making it sit level. I have the king shocks front and rear, and I am completely amazed at how well the truck rides and drives. You wouldn't think that a new truck could be improved so dramatically!
I have had it off road, and the new performance is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want some drop down lift kit, or to run huge tires or anything. It's conservative yet functional.

Any new pics with the torsion keys in it?

Could it fit 35's with some of the glassworks 2" fenders and some mild trimming?

Im hoping to fit 35's with as little amount of lift as possible.

nafecarytrid

What if you wanted a lift, would that negate all the positive effects of this kit? I'm all about improved ride and performance but still want it to be a "head-turner".

What if you wanted a lift, would that negate all the positive effects of this kit? I'm all about improved ride and performance but still want it to be a "head-turner".
you mean could these parts be used in conjunction with another manufacturers lift kit? yes the upper arm and steering kits could be installed on some drop bracket kits. i wont say ALL because i know this just isnt realistic. the thing to look at is wether the kit uses the stock spindle/knuckle. if it does then the parts should bolt up and work fine. however some kits have their own knuckles and we cannot guarantee that our pins will line up properly with the taper of their ball joint and tie rod end sockets. the thing to look at is if the aftermarket knuckle is designed to accept "stock" upper ball joints and "stock" tie rod ends or some other larger or different type of pivot, as our spindle pins are designed to the factory balljoint taper specs....... make sense?

nafecarytrid

you mean could these parts be used in conjunction with another manufacturers lift kit? yes the upper arm and steering kits could be installed on some drop bracket kits. i wont say ALL because i know this just isnt realistic. the thing to look at is wether the kit uses the stock spindle/knuckle. if it does then the parts should bolt up and work fine. however some kits have their own knuckles and we cannot guarantee that our pins will line up properly with the taper of their ball joint and tie rod end sockets. the thing to look at is if the aftermarket knuckle is designed to accept "stock" upper ball joints and "stock" tie rod ends or some other larger or different type of pivot, as our spindle pins are designed to the factory balljoint taper specs....... make sense?
I’m sure that will make perfect sense to the guy that installs it. :D However, I’m just the dumb girl driving it and my question was more about the “feel” of the ride and performance that people are describing.

Are these results:

With how the shocks are set up with the valving, the ride is phenomenal!
I am completely amazed at how well the truck rides and drives. You wouldn't think that a new truck could be improved so dramatically! I have had it off road, and the new performance is exactly what I was looking for.
going to be minimized by adding a lift kit? Is it worth installing this kit in conjunction with a lift or is the truck still going have the typical “lifted” bouncy ride? I guess what I’m really asking is: Can you have both performance and looks or do you have to make a choice? :confused:

Thanks for your patience with me. :)

Blitzkrieg Motorsports

I’m sure that will make perfect sense to the guy that installs it. :D However, I’m just the dumb girl driving it and my question was more about the “feel” of the ride and performance that people are describing.

Are these results:

going to be minimized by adding a lift kit? Is it worth installing this kit in conjunction with a lift or is the truck still going have the typical “lifted” bouncy ride? I guess what I’m really asking is: Can you have both performance and looks or do you have to make a choice? :confused:

Thanks for your patience with me. :)

No matter what, whether you put our kit on a stock truck or lifted truck, the ride quality and performance will be enhanced. The shocks allow for a better ride and added dampening. The kit, in conjunction with the shocks, is designed to allow for more down travel. When utilizing a lift kit (torsion or others) the stock ball joints tend to be maxed out at ride height. The added droop provided by the kit eliminates that problem and also creates a stronger outer pivot (stock ball joint v.s. spherical bearing). When combining the arms and shocks with the steering kit, you're able to also increase the reliability of the steering and improve how much angularity can be achieved.

Your welcome... questions and comments are always welcome!

_Dennis

RocketMan

Buy a FORD!
lol

please note that the shock we are offering with our UCA kit will NOT work with a lift kit also. a longer shock will be required if you have a lift kit as well.

BigBoyBlue

Buy a FORD!
lol
Ford has yet to build a diesel that works properly, and ive seen far too many Ford transmission's sht the bed when hitting the gas on a hill climb towing. The new 6.7L Scorpion looks good only because they copied GM's reverse flow design on the 4.5L DMax.

Back to the subject at hand.

Any pics with the keys installed?

Blitzkrieg Motorsports

please note that the shock we are offering with our UCA kit will NOT work with a lift kit also. a longer shock will be required if you have a lift kit as well.
As long as the type of lift and how big of a lift is specified when ordering the shocks, King can build us a shock to fit. It will still be a direct bolt-in replacement and will include the same resi mount. Most King shocks are built to order, so this wouldn't be a problem.