BMW GS 1150 or 1200

Ziggy

Reaction
Anyone own one of these?I am looking at getting one and am gathering info.
Thanks

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
i have a 1200gs, great all-a-rounder. if your going to see more dirt than asphalt
KTM adventure is a good choice or the pure awesomeness that is the BMW HP2...

Dezertpilot

Reaction
What are you using it for, mostly? The reason I ask is I spent a day a few weeks ago on a KTM 990 Adventure and it was a very fun bike but would be a handful in the dirt, but then I haven't been riding much for 8 years.

Alex
I want one soooo bad. Well the newest one:) They are an awesome adventure bike. But not really right for me right now in my current stage of life. But I personally think that the Beemers are hideous with that boxer engine. The FS650 is alot better looking IMO.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
I have a beemer I call it the "couch" rides like glass handles like a shopping cart full of bowling balls in the dirt goes well with the "cheese and wine riders" my ktm 990 on the other hand will scare the chit out of you with the speeds you can get up to without even realizing your going that fast It handles ALOT better than the beemer on dirt but I will not ride it on long road trips I'd rather take the couch. BTW ktm seats SUCK I'd rather ride on a oak board than ride a ktm seat their softer.

Ziggy

Reaction
I will be using it for asphalt riding.Its a toss up between the GS or the R1150 RT.
I had an BMW 800 when I was a young guy and it was a dream to ride.

Ziggy

Reaction
I will be using it for asphalt riding.Its a toss up between the GS or the R1150 RT.
I had an BMW 800 when I was a young guy and it was a dream to ride.

Chase 2

Reaction
If you are going to stay 100% on the pavement, then I would personally go with the RT.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
If Its pavement stay with the RT I rented one last September for a ride to red lodge Montana, very nice ride Alot nicer than the GS.

Ziggy

Reaction
Nice ride down the "Switchbacks" I would guess.I think I will rent each for a day and try them out as you did.
Thx

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
bastard! a snipe attack.....

:D

if it's slab only riding the RT is an awesome bike. the adjustable windscreen
can get rid of the buffeting at any speed and make the long days a breeze...