Bob Land Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pit Lane

Reaction
We are wondering if any other suppliers or vendors have had trouble getting paid by Bob Land Racing, or if anyone knows if Bob Land Racing is still in business?? They used to run some of the SCORE races and one or two BITD races before they were DQ'd from a Vegas to Reno race for illegal pitting. thanks

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Didnt they just race the Mint in some sort of Cherokee?

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Is that a legit question or a slam? Bob Land has been racing for quite a long time. I have no idea what their racing team is up to.

randy s

Reaction
i met bob before the last 1000 in ensenada. he had a big block chevy powered jeep cherokee. brand new car. i believe he won sportsman truck in it. he's been around a long time. he seemed pretty froggy but an alright guy i guess. don't know anything about his bidness. he'll likely enter the 500 in june i'd imagine.

shrek

Reaction
We are wondering if any other suppliers or vendors have had trouble getting paid by Bob Land Racing, or if anyone knows if Bob Land Racing is still in business?? They used to run some of the SCORE races and one or two BITD races before they were DQ'd from a Vegas to Reno race for illegal pitting. thanks

YES! I know a fabricator that never got paid from Bob Land for services rendered. I am 100% sure this is the case, it is not heresay, because I was there when the work was done and helped in some of it.

This guy is bad news, and I would stay clear of any business dealings with him.

Shrek

ZTFab

Reaction
I worked on that same car with Shrek and others.

No Bueno. :mad:

Dezertpilot

Reaction
This sucks, another bad dealing within the off road world. I swear these are the things that are going to help bring off roading down:(

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Hmmnnn I am kinda curious why Pit Lane has so few posts, 1 to be exact and he has 4 negative comments on the thread. If what the guy says is true I dont know why he would be slammed so hard.

MARXICO

Reaction
No Surprize , he failed to pay the balance of a loan on a race car my friend sold him in the 80's.....he has a history that dosent stop

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I have never had a bad dealing. But I was warned and told him cash only. I never got the job :rolleyes:

R_TAYLOR

Reaction
Im am not defending Bob Land at all,but in my first 5 years of racing I was ripped off crooked fab shops.I took my truck in to get a steering ram put on.The next trip to the shop the guy had cut my I beams,hangers,everything off saying it was junk.Ok so how much to fix it I asked? 6000 OK i SAY.The total bill was 19000 and 5 months in the shop.I went 8 miles at Laughlin and the I beams looked like spagetti.I had paid 16 of the 19.He called wanting payment and I told him to stick it.He also took my oil pan off a brand new rebuild on my 4.5.He calls me and said my main bolts were lose and suggested his engine builder go through it.It was another scam.So while I feel bad for the honest johns out trying to do the right thing ,there are that many coyote fabbers out there. I have a couple more nightmares on my truck I could tell you if i typed faster.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Im am not defending Bob Land at all,but in my first 5 years of racing I was ripped off crooked fab shops.I took my truck in to get a steering ram put on.The next trip to the shop the guy had cut my I beams,hangers,everything off saying it was junk.Ok so how much to fix it I asked? 6000 OK i SAY.The total bill was 19000 and 5 months in the shop.I went 8 miles at Laughlin and the I beams looked like spagetti.I had paid 16 of the 19.He called wanting payment and I told him to stick it.He also took my oil pan off a brand new rebuild on my 4.5.He calls me and said my main bolts were lose and suggested his engine builder go through it.It was another scam.So while I feel bad for the honest johns out trying to do the right thing ,there are that many coyote fabbers out there. I have a couple more nightmares on my truck I could tell you if i typed faster.

So what is your point?

ZTFab

Reaction
So what is your point?

I think he is insinuating that Bob may have dealt with some "shady" fab shops and that is the reason that he is known for not paying bills.

I can guarantee that it is NOT the case in regards to the shop that I know he owes money to.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I didnt really get his post, it wasnt to clear to me thats why I said that. I should have reworded it lol

djblakely

Reaction
I was a vender at contingency a few years back (BITD Mesquite). Bob approached me on my product, PROFAB tables. He wanted them for his shop, we loaded them into his semi. He did not have a company check on him. So I let them go on a handshake, with a promise to send a company check when he go home. After almost a year of calling like a collection service, I finally got that check. Take this for what it is worth and make your own call.

Last edited:

R_TAYLOR

Reaction
So what is your point?

My point had nothing to do with BLR,it was to point out that people that pay their bills can be screwed fast and furiuos by shady fabios out there.Reread my post.I took my truck in for a LITTLE work and got bent over forwards and back.It goes both ways was my point.Do what you say your gonna do on both ends of the deal.

ZTFab

Reaction
My point had nothing to do with BLR,it was to point out that people that pay their bills can be screwed fast and furiuos by shady fabios out there.Reread my post.I took my truck in for a LITTLE work and got bent over forwards and back.It goes both ways was my point.Do what you say your gonna do on both ends of the deal.

I apologize if I misunderstood your post.

Unfortunately there are some shady shops out there and also some shady customers.

Reaction
I think he is insinuating that Bob may have dealt with some "shady" fab shops and that is the reason that he is known for not paying bills.

I can guarantee that it is NOT the case in regards to the shop that I know he owes money to.

Please advise the fab shop you are referring to that Bob Land allegedly owes money
to...

Status
Not open for further replies.