bogging out

khoolguy

Reaction
Website
www.dponline.netfirms.com
I got a 97 YZ 250 and when whenever i take off it kinda boggs out, it sounds like when you first start your bike and take off without warming it up, like kinda spudders. Took the carb apart and cleaned it all out and still does the same problem. Does anyone know what it might be???

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
check the exhaust packing for being plugged up and check that your jetting is good for the area you are ridding in.

michael_loomis

Reaction
bad gas , too much oil , fouled plug , all of the above, bad float in carb , bad float setting in carb , wrong jetting , plugged exhaust , crack in exhaust (sucking exhaust straight into intake) , dirty air fillter , did i mention fouled plug ? choke stuck closed , warped reeds , bad power valve adjustment ( not sure if your bike even has these lol) low compression , water leaking from head gasket. hmmm hope these help.
shocked.gif

RRose

Reaction
Website
roseracing.net
I had a bike that had that same problem and it took forever to figure it out. It ended up being a clogged fuel tank vent tube.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Muffler Bearing???

Just kidding...I agree with the plug, air filter, jetting and float level. Get a manual and read about those aspects.

sirhk100

Reaction
LOL, don't you hate when you have a "loose screw"?
tongue.gif

Hmmm, that could be thought about in many ways now that I've typed it....

michael_loomis

Reaction
yes !! i called it !

oh wait ... i called out EVERYTHING lol