BOK (Blowout Kit) contents & EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) training:

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
Sheepdog- this is good stuff, esp for us getting lost in the "what do i REALLY need" category.

Since photos are hard to accurately judge scale- I wonder if you could strap it to the arm to keep it close and visual.
Sure.

Like I said, a proper BOK is not large.

For example, I can hold my LBT-9022B in the palm of my hand, and I suspect DSRacing's 5.11 BOK is even smaller. Both are too small to keep the trauma shears on the inside.

In 30 years, I've never dealt with a major traumatic injury that required a mini ice pack, a space blanket, ace bandages, band-aids, Snuggy, Sham-Wow, Bamix, Thigh Master, George Foreman grill, espresso maker, or any of that other "filler" stuff.

And who the Hell needs a CPR mask? I've never used one in my life. Current High-Performance CPR doesn't even involve rescue breaths. You might as well be selling Betamax tape head cleaners.

A BOK should not be the size of a piece of carry-on luggage, and "tacti-cool" molle webbing is meaningless on a BOK- I would never attach something else on the outside of a BOK, because the BOK needs to be on the outside.

Last edited:
Advertising supports this site

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
Strap 2 to the codriver
Every person needs their own BOK. If I come upon a 2-person vehicle upside-down that went off a cliff, and one occupant has "obvious signs" (of death) and the other one has a major bleed and is pumping out, I'm not gonna waste one second on the dead one.

AaronMacomber

RDC Crypto
Every person needs their own BOK. If I come upon a 2-person vehicle upside-down that went off a cliff, and one occupant has "obvious signs" (of death) and the other one has a major bleed and is pumping out, I'm not gonna waste one second on the dead one.
taking your info into account...thats why i didnt think about strapping it to a harness belt. But i think the arm idea would be easy.

my logic: YOU would be who pulled me out, than just yelled at me because i didnt listen and the BOK is still strapped into the car LOL

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
taking your info into account...thats why i didnt think about strapping it to a harness belt. But i think the arm idea would be easy.

my logic: YOU would be who pulled me out, than just yelled at me because i didnt listen and the BOK is still strapped into the car LOL
Lol, no, that's not me, that's my younger brother. I'm MUCH more compassionate than he is.

He's two years younger than me, but he actually got into paramedicine before I got into law enforcement. He was an ALS (Advanced Life Support) paramedic, and we worked in the same gang-infested parts of our large west coast city in the early '90s. Even the paramedics were wearing body armor- it truly was the wild west.

He was the one that taught me that if you break someone's arm, it's no longer a good handle.

He would show up to a car crash where the offender ran from the police, crashed, and broke half the bones in his body, and he would greet them by standing over them and asking "Does it HURT to be stupid?"

He often yelled at people "Don't bleed on me!"

There was a major problem with homeless people calling 9-1-1 for an ALS ambulance whenever they got cold or hungry, so to keep the ALS bus available for legitimate calls for service, he practiced what he called "punitive medicine", by threatening them with a 10-gauge IV needle (about the size of an ink pen refill) to get them to sign a refusal form.

He once responded to a gang shooting that I was on, where the shooter had snuck up behind an opposing gang member and fired a .25 ACP into his head through the back of his neck. When my brother arrived, the victim was conscious and spit the bullet out, to which my brother responded by telling the victim that "this should be a little learning experience for you", and lecturing him for wearing the wrong color in this part of town.

He was hard.

Last edited:

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
This epic and often-overlooked movie, containing much first-responder dark humor, may very well be based upon my brother. Some of it is stuff that nobody else would know:

Last edited:

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
he practiced what he called "punitive medicine", by threatening them with a 10-gauge IV needle (about the size of an ink pen refill) to get them to sign a refusal form.
We can have 8-10 assholes sleeping in the hallways, beating off, pissing on the floor, pure dog poop in the ER at the same time. Never thought of threatening them w battery…. Weren’t you the one calling out creatively licensed prerunners?

So creative paperwork to get a car into Mexico…. No bueno

Threatening homeless assholes with a 10g(needle) to sign a refusal, aka punitative medicine, TODO BIEN!!!

I need to get my priorities straight!!🤣🤣🤣

Advertising supports this site

AaronMacomber

RDC Crypto
We can have 8-10 assholes sleeping in the hallways, beating off, pissing on the floor, pure dog poop in the ER at the same time. Never thought of threatening them w battery…. Weren’t you the one calling out creatively licensed prerunners?

Threatening homeless assholes with a 10g(needle) to sign a refusal, aka punitative medicine, TODO BIEN!!!

look at it this way..if they didnt, you'd have 20-30 of them in your ER...

from living in areas that are letting this problem run rampant in the streets...i have no sympathy for that "population"

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto

No, I never "called out creatively licensed prerunners". I advised people of the potential consequences of committing felonies.

And I never threatened anybody- he did. Cops prefer to use "Gerbil Voodoo". It involves much less time at the ER getting an arrestee's boo-boos patched up, and a lot less typing too.

Some law-enforcement agencies have officers who have volunteered to join the super-secret HRT (Homeless Relocation Team), which under cover of the darkness of night, relocates the domicile-challenged to whatever location offers the most entertainment value to easily-amused cops.

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto

I guess you gotta click on the "Watch on YouTube" link. There's nothing that's NSFW in it, it just shows them using QuikClot combat gauze to stop actual bleeding on wounded animals.

Last edited:

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
RDC Crypto
Why? 20+ years in trauma, why would you need 2 doses of narcan in the Baja desert? Or for any racing situation?
Where did I say I use this BOK for racing situations? Nowhere.

The title of this thread is blowout kit contents and I listed what I keep in mine. YMMV

If your so experienced in trauma, then you would know that with the current opiod crisis in this country, it doesn't matter where you are, people are ODing everday. why not be prepared? That's from my experience from 25+ years as a first responder.

Last edited:

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
RDC Crypto
Sheepdog- this is good stuff, esp for us getting lost in the "what do i REALLY need" category.

Since photos are hard to accurately judge scale- I wonder if you could strap it to the arm to keep it close and visual.
Attached are some photos showing how I attach my kit to my training belt and the overall size of the pouch.

I found the connectors here.

Attachments

• image_67215105.JPG
    image_67215105.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image_67181313.JPG
    image_67181313.JPG
  • image_67186945.JPG
    image_67186945.JPG