bombardier ds650 baja

im looking to buy a bombardier ds650 but i cant seem to find any aftermarket parts for it. as far as steering stem, a arms, axles etc. does anyone know if they still have any aftermarket parts for them. any info will help.

TNT race photo

I hope your a big ol boy, I own one of those monster trucks, they will woop your ass:eek: im 6'2 260lb, its alot of machine......rotax

TNT race photo

it just heavy almost 500lbs, i think thats why they stoped making them, i had the thing on top of me two weeks ago not fun ,the rotax motor has a lot of vibration , but it halls the mail clocked mine at over 90mph stock, put some exaust on it... ooosh!t hang on.... here is a better photo

shrek

I love mine.

Suspension whoops arse on Raptors, 450's, etc......................

Shrek

StrunkBro

Epic racing still makes a-arms, steering stems, swing arms and other parts for the bombs.

ColoradoZQ8

.................................... but not the 700XX!

Sorry had to finish that up for ya! ;)
too bad the 700 is slow :eek:

I like hondas idea but damn that bike is just way too heavy for its own good.

As for the decision between the DS650 and the 450, i like both, but i'd go 650 just because honda supports the sierra club(see eco-nuts) and IMO it kinda contradicts the product they sell you by supporting the people who wanna close riding areas.

Or better yet, have you considered a yamaha? :D i don't think you could pry me away from my 450.

i have seen a couple of 450 yamaha quads for sale here on race dezert but ive never rode one before. seem like a good mx bike but baja???

ColoradoZQ8

You are right it is slow...........and I ride a quad because I need the training wheels! :D

Bring your blue bike to the Baja 500 and show us how fast it is!

Oh i'm yours is faster then mine. Mine is pretty much bone stock right now. But stock to stock, the 700xx is slow. If i'm not mistaken in tests it was slower then the raptor, which is kinda sad considering honda had so much time to develop a competitve big bore atv.

Also, i politely disagree on honda being the way for desert racing. Right now most of the 450s(excluding ktm) are pretty much equal, except for the fact that the honda 450 needs an update, badly.

As you may notice, i really don't like honda and i'll generally do my part to steer people away from them for reasons stated above.

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
i have seen a couple of 450 yamaha quads for sale here on race dezert but ive never rode one before. seem like a good mx bike but baja???
at last years san felipe 250 race my quad was out of action so my uncle let me borrow his ds 650 and yfz 450, i really liked the 650 even in zoo road and it had plenty of power, i hated the 450 i didnt like how it felt and on the ride back in the highway the heat from the exhaust was really burning my leg pretty bad, i had to lift up my leg sideways so the air could cool my leg off

RUFF_RYDER

Actualluy the 700xx had the highest top speed but the slowest take off.

The irs and the motor on the honda are its sweet spots, no brutal power but still hauls therefore ur less tired and the irs just softens the ride. Therefor ride longer..faster

The ds650 still is used but your seeing less every season. Id say can-am should make a bigbore to compete with the 700xx,raptor,outlaw525,and ktm525xc. I also think it would be cool if kawi made a 700 which was actually easy to make race ready.

Last edited:

ColoradoZQ8

Actualluy the 700xx had the highest top speed but the slowest take off.

The irs and the motor on the honda are its sweet spots, no brutal power but still hauls therefore ur less tired and the irs just softens the ride.

The ds650 still is used but you seeing less every season. Id say can-am should make a bigbore to compete with the 700xx,raptor,outlaw525,and ktm525xc. I also think its be cool if kawi made a 700 which was actually easy to make race ready.
agreed on can-am bringing back a sport big bore.

How about the renegade 800 engine into a lightweight sport atv frame. that'd be sick.

I would have bought that kawi 700 if it didnt have a gay automatic...i mean really, who the hell does something like that?? make a nice big bore with an auto transmission

RUFF_RYDER

Well they could modernize the ds650, maybe making it a ds700? sounds weird but if they built a new motor, put it in a lighter frame, and slimmed it down i bet itd be a beastly machine and would put them up top.

The kfx is actually a really fun quad to ride, the motor is awsome and takes off quick but gets pulled..A new frame is needed and it needs to be automatic. They wont stop making the kfx700 anytime soon due to the fact that alot of people love em but if they could make a more "race ready" version im shure we would see more in the desert

ColoradoZQ8

dude whats up with this guy hating on the 700xx... baja wins aren't proof enough for ya:D
Didnt honda win baja on a rincon too? Does that make it a great sport quad? No.

I think honda's concept with the 700xx is great, but its a heavy pig with not enough horsepower.