Bombardier DS650 Quad

I am 6'4" 210 lbs and I have ridden quads most of my life. I want to know some opinions on this quad or if anybody knows where I can rent or demo one. I am looking to ride mostly in the desert with an occasional trip to glamis. Thanks
Derek

tkr

my buddy is 6'8" and bought one last year. He's only ridden it in Glamis but loves it. He did have to install a steering stabilizer, a set of Pro Tapers, raised Hi-Flight seat, and raise the bars about an inch to make it comfortable for hime though.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

ACID_RAIN28

Get an LT500!

If I were going to get a new large motor 2wd quad I would get a cannodale with the aluminum frame or a raptor but only a raptor if I were going to put longer arms on it. I think we make aluminum frames now but that is a little out of the average price range.

"There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated."

Jack

I love my LTZ400, Cannodale is nice, but high price, and it looks like they are going out of business.

mustafa

I think they have motorcycle/quad division has filed for bankruptcy because of cost over runs, but they will still remain in the bicycle biz.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

dunerking

I heard the same thing that they have filed for bankruptcy,can you blame them with the price that they were asking for those things,startin at 8000 for the intro model ouch.....I would have to agree with acidrain for your size a LT500 is the best choice,I own a 90 LT500 with the Paul Turner pipe,tip,&pyriamid reed cage,rear Ohlin shock,the thing runs & rides like a bat out of hell.Plus a two stroke is much easier on the pocket book to build up and repair.....Just my two cents

hit it hard

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.monitordaily.com/Story_Page.cfm?News_ID=8625&Type=AlsoToday>
Cannondale Corporation has announced that it intends to file a voluntary petition for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code on January 28th.....
</A>

click for complete story

ACID_RAIN28

just got a bone stock 500 with a silincer. But it will kill most things the way it is. We don't have jigs for the 500 because they are soo wide, so I am going to have to make one cause I want It to go faster. It doesn't like ocotilla for some reason, last time it was there the air cleaner broke and kill the motor. This time the cluctch cable froze up as we were loading it, no biggie though I was going to fix it there. Get there unload it, want to night run, don't run, it ran the night before, sat for a month one kick bam, good enough for me. Tought it was a plug, no, waited till morning, took off all the easy parts then dug into the electrical, did a coil swap with the warrior, nada, found the wire in the loom up to the handle bars shorted out, fried the ground then the cdi. Othere than having to ride the slow warrior all weekend it was a drunkin blur.

"There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated."