Bonneville Off-Road Racing is alive and racing in 2015 in Utah

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
BOR is racing again in 2015, despite our recent difficulties.

Mark your calendars for the weekend of June 27th, as we'll be racing a heat style race just outside Vernal, Utah, about 2 hours from Salt Lake City and 3 hours from Denver. We're planning on an approximately 15 mile loop, running two heats of several loops for each class. There will be a mix of twisty, turny stuff, big hills, and wide open graded roads.

We're still very much working out the details, but we do have the go-ahead from the landowners to hold this race. Uintah County has been fantastic to work with and is very excited to have us hold this event in their county. Hotels are only a couple of miles from the track, and there is camping with power, water and sewer at the track.

Thank you everyone in this community for your support!

Anger Issues

Reaction
Bumping this thread because one of my favorite races ever was the BORE Jackpot 250. Nothing like getting to run on new ground... away from the masses and BLM hassles. This time they are racing in Utah on private ground it sounds! Awesome!

Roice

Reaction
Website
www.tcbperformance.com
Jackpot was a very fun course and I have no doubt Vernal will be just as fun!

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
No rocks in Vernal, but some of the topography is similar to Jackpot with some big, steep hills. It's going to be a really fun race.

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
We're not sure yet. Everything depends upon entries and volunteer manpower. We'd love to have a 2 day event. Our next meeting is on Tuesday at Ken Garff Mistubishi in SLC. More entries drive a 2 day event, which in turn drives the need for more commitment from volunteers. I can assure you that the core BOR group would be down for holding a 2 day event, but we need help to pull it off.

Anger Issues

Reaction
Seems like there are a lot more entries from the western states like Colorado and Utah in this Mint 400... I would think there are quite a few racers who would love to romp on some private land closer to home!! Our trucks are down south now... otherwise we'd be all over it!! The way these Nevada BLM guys are heading... we might ALL be coming your way soon!!!

_TimS

Reaction
WooHoo! I just got that Sunday off work, so I'm officially in favor of a two day event. I will try my best to round up some volunteers.

Mike Palmer

Reaction
Hey guys, if you can pull off 2 days I would love to head back up to Vernal. I could probably get JT Molder and some guys from here to help with your part of the planning and logistics if needed. How long has it been since the rock crawl up there? 15 years at least! Thanks for all of your efforts and have a great weekend, Mike Palmer.

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
Quick update from our meeting tonight. The event will be one day, but there will still be two heats for each class for a total of 150 miles (give or take) for the unlimiteds. SXS's and limiteds will probably be around 120 miles. We'll do the usual guided pre-fun run around 12:30 on Friday.

The rest (hotels, events in town), etc., we'll be looking into next week.

For now, a good number of us are headed to the Mint tomorrow. I have enough BOR t-shirts, hats, and sweathshirts to be a walking billboard down there, and we'll be handing out event info flyers.

Again, thanks everyone for sticking with us!!!

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
Please print out, share, stick it under some windshield wipers...

2015 MIKE HICKEY MEMORIAL VERNAL DINOSAUR DASH flyer.jpg

Birdie

Reaction
New member here, just wanted to bump this thread up there. Found out about this site from a B.O.R. friend, fun group of guys hope some of you will make it to this event. I have rode around out there before should make a good race. P.S.I'm just a fan, not a racer,, yet. Cheers.

Birdie

Reaction
So who is coming to this race?? Hope to watch a bunch of cool race vehicles, have some fun.

JasonHutter

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Trying to bring these two vehicles...
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1426724742.588170.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1426724786.131029.jpg

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1426724715.608482.jpg
    ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1426724715.608482.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 147

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
Nothing official, of course, but we have a lot of interest. 20 UTV's, 10 or more V8 trucks, both 2WD and 4WD, an uncounted number of 7 trucks, buggies of all varieties, Class 1's, 10's, 9's, 11's, hopefully some more as we get closer.

As always, thanks for the support, keep spreading the word, I hope to have some more info by the weekend as I just got back from the Mint and a work conference this evening. I have a couple more leads to pursue.

_TimS

Reaction
Jason, that buggy looks like a good match for mine. I will be there.

1366rearshotjackpot2014_zps33de8454.jpg

JasonHutter

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Sweet!! It's my wife's! She will be driving! I should be riding shotgun assuming we are in different heats from the truck! She is still learning but fairly fearless so far behind the wheel. I'm excited for her to get out there!

Jason

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today