Bonneville Off-Road Racing - Knolls 200 at Night - August 22, 2020

kyle_pc_75

The BOR Knolls 200 race is on! Located between Salt Lake City and Wendover on I-80, Knolls has a little bit of everything, mountains, sand, whoops, dry lake bed, and silt.

This year for a little change we'll be starting in the day and racing into the evening. More details forthcoming.

Knolls 2020 final.jpg

DSC05473_1.JPG

DSC05441_1.JPG

0108-IamSeaWolf-20190824.jpg

Rossbergs-30.jpg

Anger Issues

Hey Kyle... I hate to ask but just saw the BITD update about the BLM not officially giving the V2R the green light due to the new spikes. I realize this race will be a bit smaller (ha ha) and not be in large cities, etc. Where does BOR stand with regards to "signed permits", etc. I don't know the process a promoter has to go through or what the last steps are.

Is camping in the pits at this race "game-on" like Jackpot? Looking forward to racing someplace new and we might even put some air in our tires this time! Ha ha. We LOVE racing with lights! What time is pre-run??

MTPyle

that was a great race last year, super fun. We plan to do this years race if the truck is in good condition after V2R. from the sounds of it the truck might be in really good condition after V2R LOL

Mike

kyle_pc_75

@Anger Issues totally valid questions, we're going to give BLM a call tomorrow, as of a few weeks ago things were still a-ok. As far as I know, Speed Week is still a go on the Salt Flats this coming weekend (same district) and there numbers are in the thousands if not more. They, like us, do most everything outdoors. Things can always change but last we talked we're still a go. Camping in the pits is a go, there are plenty of pit and portable toilets. The nearest hotels are about 40 miles away in Wendover.

@CentralWAbaja @swiftracing5 Stoked you guys are coming out, though it's a bummer about NORRA.

@MTPyle we always strive to get a few V2R leftovers haha! We can't guarantee much in the way of post race engine inspections, though. :D

2020 Knolls White Knuckles Schedule.jpg

kyle_pc_75

Just an FYI, no response from BLM yesterday, but then again it was Friday... Having said that, there was NO indication from them that our event might be postponed or otherwise affected by the 'Rona, we were just being proactive given the news from BITD.

I will let you all know as soon as we do if anything changes.

Goober

that was a great race last year, super fun. We plan to do this years race if the truck is in good condition after V2R. from the sounds of it the truck might be in really good condition after V2R LOL

Mike
How come you don’t test at Knolls?

MTPyle

How come you don’t test at Knolls?
knolls is a fun race course but no whoop sections or places to really test out our set up. Also lots of UTV and ATVs traffic. Maybe in the middle of the week It would be OK but it’s still not great. But it’s probably the best place we have and may go out there next time.

I just never think about going north.

Mike