Bonneville Off-Road Racing's Wendover Pony Express 330 - October 9th, 2021

kyle_pc_75

RDC Crypto
All of this info comes straight from Allen, lots of hoops to jump through for the BLM, but we have a 110 mile loop (nearly) approved. We do have a backup (old course) 50 mile loop approved in case there are last minute issues with the new course.

WENDOVER 330 Early Information

***All Information Subject to Change Right Up Until Race Day!!!***

We have about 75% BLM approval at this time

***MAJOR CHANGE TO RACE DAY OPERATION***

EVERY RACE VEHICLE WILL NEED TO BE CLEAN WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE PITS!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!

IF WE HAVE TO WASH IT BEFORE THE RACE YOU WILL BE CHARGED $50

ALL RACE VEHICLES WILL NEED TO BE WASHED AFTER THE EVENT BEFORE THEY ARE LOADED ON OR IN A TRAILER.

I HAVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF EACH CAR AND SEND THE AFTER PICTURES TO THE BLM.

Don’t bother hassling me about this. I/we have no choice in the matterJ

2021 Wendover Schedule.jpg

Course:

Loop will be approximately 109 miles long.

3 asphalt road crossings per loop

Cross highway 93, then;

Cross Ibapah road, then;

Cross highway 93 again.

All Sportsman, Class 9, 11, 16. Will go two loops for a total of 218 miles. Let me know if you have questions on this.

All pro classes higher than the ones listed above will go three loops for a total of 327 miles.

There will be an alternate pit at Race Mile 58.

There will not be a lot of room there. One truck per team, no trailers. Do not bring your entire team!!!

The way into the Alternate Pit is on Course. You need to be there early to get a spot.

We will flag you in and out after the first loop.

All Race vehicles will have the right of way. You will have to wait to get in and out.

There will be several locations that spectators can go to.

THIS WILL BE THE FUNNEST WENDOVER YET!!!

Driving Directions for Pits and Road Crossings

From Wendover to Pits:

Take highway 93 11.1 miles.

Turn west (right) onto dirt road.

Follow dirt road 2.2 miles to Main Pit.

From Main Pit to Road Crossing #1

Go back to Highway 93 (East)

Travel 12.9 south miles on Highway 93 to crossing.

There is no room to park at road crossing #1. You can park just south of road crossing about 100 – 200 yards on East side of 93. Race course will be close – obey the signs.

From Main Pit to Road Crossing #2 (Ibapah road)

Same as above, then:

Continue south on 93 1.5 miles South of Road Crossing #1

Turn East (Left) onto the Tonapah Road.

Travel 7.7 miles to Road Crossing #2

Very limited parking, stay at least 50 yards from race course crossing. Park completely off the asphalt.

From Main Pit to Road Crossing #3 (Alternate Pit)

Same as Main Pit to Road Crossing #1, then:

Continue south on 93 16.2 miles to Road Crossing #3

Wendover 2021 Pit-RC map.jpg

Pre Run:

There will be a prerun on Friday October 8th at 10:00 AM

Your Prerun Vehicle must be clean (Read – Washed with no debris inside or on the skid plates) I am required to take pictures of every vehicle on the course

If you are prerunning and want to take notes DO NOT STOP IN THE WAY OF OTHERS!! ALLOW THEM TO PASS YOU!!!

At 20 miles per hour you should be able to finish the prerun by 4PM

The start of the prerun will close at 10:45am. No one leaves after the close of the prerun! Please don’t ask!!

Every Driver on the prerun must sign waiver, be a signed up racer and banded.

Every Passenger on the prerun must sign waiver and be banded

kyle_pc_75

RDC Crypto
Allen's latest update:

Hi guys/gals. Wendover update 9/25/21. I have spent some time on the phone with the BLM this week. Here are the changes for Wendover that I know of right now.

The 109 mile loop that was presented to the BLM is basically approved (95%). But they want a minimum of $24K in fees to clear the event route. That is $500 each for every entrant up to 48 entries. Not gonna happen. The reason is 50% of the loop was new. Negotiating. I have the loop we used for Motorcycles and cars from 2019. They want between $12k and $15k plus 20% admin fees to run that course. a course that has been 100% approved in the past. Can't figure why so much. The BLM is relooking at those fees. So in order for you guys to plan, here is what I do know.
1. 109 mile loop with the three road crossings will not happen.
1. We are negotiating on a 70+ mile loop (2019)
1. The main pit will still be in the same location
1. The above is if BOR and the BLM can negotiate a fee structure of under $10K
1. I will post up what I know Monday evening.
1. I am doing everything in my power to make this event happen. I spent $$ on traffic control that will now not be needed. I have the trophies, shirts, dash plagues ordered, I have all the marking materials ordered. Insurance is paid for. Everything is ready pending BLM.
1. I now fully understand why the Desert Foxes pulled out and cancelled their race. This is getting way out of hand and from my point of view is Bullshit! Frustrated is an understatement of biblical proportions!!! Thanks for hanging on with me!!

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Allen's latest update:

Hi guys/gals. Wendover update 9/25/21. I have spent some time on the phone with the BLM this week. Here are the changes for Wendover that I know of right now.

The 109 mile loop that was presented to the BLM is basically approved (95%). But they want a minimum of $24K in fees to clear the event route. That is $500 each for every entrant up to 48 entries. Not gonna happen. The reason is 50% of the loop was new. Negotiating. I have the loop we used for Motorcycles and cars from 2019. They want between $12k and $15k plus 20% admin fees to run that course. a course that has been 100% approved in the past. Can't figure why so much. The BLM is relooking at those fees. So in order for you guys to plan, here is what I do know.
1. 109 mile loop with the three road crossings will not happen.
1. We are negotiating on a 70+ mile loop (2019)
1. The main pit will still be in the same location
1. The above is if BOR and the BLM can negotiate a fee structure of under $10K
1. I will post up what I know Monday evening.
1. I am doing everything in my power to make this event happen. I spent $$ on traffic control that will now not be needed. I have the trophies, shirts, dash plagues ordered, I have all the marking materials ordered. Insurance is paid for. Everything is ready pending BLM.
1. I now fully understand why the Desert Foxes pulled out and cancelled their race. This is getting way out of hand and from my point of view is Bullshit! Frustrated is an understatement of biblical proportions!!! Thanks for hanging on with me!!
Definitely can appreciate all the hard work it takes to navigate these nutty restrictions, random "policy" changes, etc. Kudos to you for continuing to work through it to provide the best events you guys can!

kyle_pc_75

RDC Crypto
The Friday night BBQ is back! For those of you who've never raced BOR, Simco Motorsports hosts a BBQ for everyone who shows up. They only ask that you bring a dish to share and donate a little cash to the Injured Racers' Fund. This fund has been used to help pay medical expenses for those that get injured while racing with us. Can't exactly claim Workers Comp, so the community like to take care of each other.

Simco BBQ.jpg

kyle_pc_75

RDC Crypto
Kyle,
How is the volunteer count doing? If you're really hurting, wife and I could come down from Boise
to help with a ck. point.
Chris Cash
Thanks, but I think we're good. It's a fun race to come down for though if you're bored! 80 mile fun run if nothing else!

fastcash

RDC Crypto
Thanks, but I think we're good. It's a fun race to come down for though if you're bored! 80 mile fun run if nothing else!
Kyle,
Okay, I have something I SHOULD be doing this weekend, but if needed I would have come down.
We are planning a race with you guys next year, see you then.
Hope the race goes well.
Chris