bookmark reverting to /home

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
I want to come straight into the forum and not look at /home but as of about 2-3 hrs ago, it started kicking me to home page. The problem isnt only that now I have to click into the forum, but i don't know if the cookie path or what is amiss but I have to re-enter my login information. This morning, as in the past, all I had to do was navigate to my preset and I would be logged into the forum. Did something change with the last update?

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Looks like a momentary glitch, as I was having the same problem for a short time. Someone must of been playing with the web software.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Mike @ Pit B also said he was having this problem...hope it gets fixed soon!! I have experienced it in the past and after a while it just fixed itself it seemed :) I know it can be irritating though!

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
By using the analogy of comparing rdc to a restaurant we simply closed the side door and ask our guests to come through the front lobby. It's one extra click.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
By using the analogy of comparing rdc to a restaurant we simply closed the side door and ask our guests to come through the front lobby. It's one extra click.

I could think of a few people on RDC you should probably encourage to enter through the side door. If they entered through the front they would scare the rest of the customers away.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
negative, more than one extra click. Now I have to log in each and every time, or browse the open boards not logged in. Makes it a chore now.

What browser are you using? I am not having that problem staying logged in. Are you clicking remember me when you login??

Personally I think with having the new home page and updating it with more info very often its a must to send people through it.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I tryed it using IE and Firefox and didnt have a problem with it staying logged in.....weird.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
Something I just noticed: Did RDC automatically add itself to my "bookmarks"? Because I now have 2 links in there.

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction

Klaus,

I figured that’s what you guys were doing BUT you can’t get past the front/home page on a Blackberry! You need to do something to fix that for sure. Being able to take my Blackberry with me to the races (Baja/Dakar) and view RDC is a great/fun tool.

I’m out of business…

:(

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Also notice I can't get past the home page with Opera. But it is only on my home computer. If I click on forum it sends me to the home page. I can click on classifieds and go there, but not to the forum.:(

Dave_G

Reaction
I have high speed access here at the shop but one down side is that I'm still on dialup at home and it takes a lot more time to load the home page verses the forum page. It takes forever to get the forum icon to appear so I can click on it.

Someday DSL will come to my neighborhood. ;)

rkracing

Reaction
could someone post or pm me the workaround it gets pretty annoying going to a page I dont want to.