BOR 2020 Jackpot Freedom 250 - @@PHOTOS@@

T.martin

Looks like fun. When I raced there, racing down the old rail road grade was awesome. What does the future hold for BOR? Wendover this fall?

QurtysLyn

Looks like fun. When I raced there, racing down the old rail road grade was awesome. What does the future hold for BOR? Wendover this fall?
Wendover or Knolls in August (Night Race, hopefully) and then Wendover in October.

kyle_pc_75

Allen says probably another week before he decides on Knolls vs. Wendover (east of Highway 93) for the August 22nd race. Neither option really has any indoor activities to speak of, and Speed Week is still a go with their mass gathering permit a couple weeks earlier, but he's just keeping our options open. Good to have those options as both permits are essentially approved, and they're only really an hour apart travel-wise.

The October 10th race is happening just southwest of Wendover (west of Highway 93) on completely different course up and around Goshute Peak, about 30% of which hasn't been run in about ten years.

kyle_pc_75

As far as I know, they opened along with the rest of the state.

Anger Issues

This race was SUPER fun and thanks to all the BOR folks including the volunteers, checkpoints, and retrievals!!

Our race recap follows: Lara Wagstaff as DOR drew first off the line in "pro truck class" and held back the field in the trusty linked Bronco for 43 or so miles... then got "racey" and side-swiped a rock... Her and Bek Blair got the tire changed but naturally lost some time on lap 2. At the end of her 3 laps we did fuel, a tire change in the pits, and a driver change. Ken got in for four laps and went through a couple MORE tires. A few pit neighbors jumped in to help the 3 gals in the pits, and we smoked a Milwaukee impact along the way (next time the battery comes out AND we get it off the floor board). A good-sized, unavoidable rock in "easy street" bent the rear skid-plate up into the yoke... and lucky for us some volunteer dudes in a cool early Bronco were pretty close for some "finesse" adjustments!

Back under way we had a good lap 6 but the damage to the drive-line with the rock took it's toll 10 miles into lap 7. At that point it was just change the drive-line and cruise on in.

Everyone at the race was super cool (as with previous years), ALL events were outside, and it was GREAT to be back "kicking up dust". I even squeezed in a funny moment with a movie quote... when "our dash board is falling off"!

We typically run pretty low PSI in our tires... currently on Tri-Ace even though we don't really know what happened to the company (?). The last Baja 1000 we ran ('17) around 18-20 psi. That apparently does not work well in our volcanic rocks up here at the Idaho/Nevada border. We will air up a little for the next one and hope to use the 4x4 to our advantage.

We would like say a very special THANKS! to our awesome newbie co-dawgs Rebekah Blair and Tom Cserepes. Also, we sacrificed some pit help in the form of retrieval, so thanks to Andrew Leavitt (including the pre-run), "Mogi", and Keith (Sweede) out on course. Destri was a solid pit gal on radio and gatorade duty all day in the heat.

We ended a solid 3rd in class, 14th finisher, and have a new BOR plaque to add to our collection. We have done this race in at least 2005, 2008, 2019, and now '20 - all in the same Bronco!!

Looking forward to the next one... come north and race with BOR!!

Anger Issues

A few edits to that post:

1) Tri-Ace USA has the website up and running again, I will reach out to our contacts there.jj They were AWOL for a while.

2) I completely forgot to thank a couple key folks!! THANK YOU to Viking Off-Road Engineering (Sean Perrson and Brandon), as well as team-mate Tim Bradford for the massive amount of work which went into this Bronco before that 2017 Baja 1000 I mentioned above.

3) Lastly, it hit me after I made that post... The Dust To Glory quote is all wrong... "We seem to be losing our dashboard", LOL.

#whatnewbronco

IMG_20200713_232612_173.jpg

feel free to check out our facebook page: Anger Issues Racing 🤪

kyle_pc_75

@Anger Issues Thanks for sharing your story and congrats on the podium finish! BOR is all about family and good times. Hopefully we'll see you at the next race.