BOR Wendover 250 CANCELLED

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
Due to unforseen circumstances, BOR has had to pull the plug on this race. Nothing COVID related, but the BLM pushed for dramatic and unexpected changes to the permitting process and fees three weeks before the green flag was to drop, and it would have required resources and finances that neither the organization nor the racers could muster given the short notice.

The owner is still in it for 2021, but I foresee a very different BOR moving forward.

J Prich

Reaction
Bummer. 2020 continues the suck...

R. Gross

Reaction
Sorry to hear that. Just BLM tightening the noose. I never understand how BLM finds a need to PROFIT with crazy permit fees to hold a race on Public "our lands". I do understand a certain amount of oversight to make sure things run smooth and existing vegetation is not disturbed, but the cost is never justified. Looks like BOR will have to go through the same permitting process that SNORE & MORE have had to do for years. Just happened to talk to a SNORE official this morning and they said every day there is a new hoop to jump through to pull the BAP off, but they will do it.
On another note, if there are racers prepped and ready, BAP is a go. Good luck in 2021 BOR.

Wendell #527

Reaction
Public land being OUR land and BLM just taking care of it went away a long time ago. Same thing with the Forest Circus. Those jokers shut down the whole forest every time they get a chance. BLM is no different. Bummer to see this happen to BOR—definitely not BORs fault.

JDDurfey

Reaction
Go have an "Unorganized" fun run on the course and let it turn into an "unorganized, impromptu race"

Honda48X

Reaction
I don’t want to turn this into a political issue but if Trump gets re-elected somehow we need to push his leadership to back down on the regulations or all these hoops to jump through.

Josh 8

Reaction
It’s awful that México has more freedom than we do. Just don’t take your guns.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
There is almost no public land in Mexico and if we keep abusing it there we wont have access to it either. Sorry for being a downer but its the truth.

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
Due to unforseen circumstances, BOR has had to pull the plug on this race. Nothing COVID related, but the BLM pushed for dramatic and unexpected changes to the permitting process and fees three weeks before the green flag was to drop, and it would have required resources and finances that neither the organization nor the racers could muster given the short notice.

The owner is still in it for 2021, but I foresee a very different BOR moving forward.
Bummer! BOR racers are always welcome to our events! it will be great to have you all with us!