BOR Wendover race

BGRANT

Reaction
Went out and it looked like Alan did a great job (even had a water truck on the pit entrance road). From what I saw of the course it was realy fun and had a little of everything. People realy need to come check these races out.

schifanelli

Reaction
Congratulations to everyone involved! Randy Potter 1st in your first race, way to go!!

slcpunk74

Reaction
Congratulations to everyone involved! Randy Potter 1st in your first race, way to go!!
Randy and Pat are some pretty cool guys and even after we lost our clutch slave cylinder I was super stoked to cheer them on. Glad they ended up winning, congrats guys.

BGRANT

Reaction
Randy and Pat are some pretty cool guys and even after we lost our clutch slave cylinder I was super stoked to cheer them on. Glad they ended up winning, congrats guys.
Was that u in the 7 Toyota that broke near the highway ? I pulled up in the blue 4 seater right after you broke. I looked for fluid for you.

djblakely

Reaction
I would like to commend all the racers for the respect they showed us at Check point 3. I had zero problems with the racers stopping or coming in too hot for my stop check. It was a good race and I heard no complaints period. I was probably one of the biggest scepticals on how this race was going to go down. I was totally blown away by all the extra work that was done by the Gerbers in putting this race on. The coarse was marked better than any coarse I have even been on. The dust was under control and the turn out was bigger than we expected.

When I got there Friday, I talked with Preston Gerber and found out the Gerber brothers had been on the S/F location for 3 days. They had been around the track multipal times and assured marking was perfect. They had watered the start and finish and continued until 1 am, then returned at 5 am to assure the dust in the main pits would not be a problem. I salute the GERBERS for a well done job!

The other thing most dont know is BOR did not get to pick the coarse. BLM said here is your coarse and you can only do 2 laps. Allen pleaded for more but had to settle for what he got. With this being said, BLM handed Allen a killer coarse. It would have been nice to get one more lap allowed, but I think this coarse is a keeper. It was nice to run through the trees and passes, somewhat like you find in Jackpot and Caliente.

I look forward with great antisapation for the next race the BOR/Gerbers put on.

Last edited:

DeanB

Reaction
The Gerber Bros did an outstanding job! I can't wait until next year. :)

Roice

Reaction
I wouls also liket to say great job to all the racers. My family and I were working check 2 where the ATV/UTV and car/truck courses split. We had a great day with no issues at all. I didnt get to see the whole course but the sections I did see were amazing. The Gerbers did a great job on all parts of the race and I am glad to have been a small part of it. I look forward to racing with BOR for many more years.

richard cretsinger

Reaction
I would like to say, that is the best course that i have ever done in wendover, loved the back side and there was enough fast, and technical areas that it just wasnt a rally course like i was affraid of, BLM gave us a great course. Gerbers did a great job also. good job to Randy Potter for the 1st place finish in class 7, knew you could do it, and to Matt and Bo, sorry for the nudge, eating your dust for 20+ miles sucked. good job Matt for getting it to the finish line and not letting the Judge catch you. :D

slcpunk74

Reaction
Was that u in the 7 Toyota that broke near the highway ? I pulled up in the blue 4 seater right after you broke. I looked for fluid for you.
Yeah that was us. Thanks for the help and sorry for the colorful language:D

BGRANT

Reaction
Couldn't offer much help, I did think I had brake fluid somewhere. When I saw you come through at the coral you guys were on it for sure.

BGRANT

Reaction
I would like to say, that is the best course that i have ever done in wendover, loved the back side and there was enough fast, and technical areas that it just wasnt a rally course like i was affraid of, BLM gave us a great course. Gerbers did a great job also. good job to Randy Potter for the 1st place finish in class 7, knew you could do it, and to Matt and Bo, sorry for the nudge, eating your dust for 20+ miles sucked. good job Matt for getting it to the finish line and not letting the Judge catch you. :D
Richard, the truck looked good. Good job on the class win and 3rd. OA.

djblakely

Reaction
Went out and it looked like Alan did a great job (even had a water truck on the pit entrance road). From what I saw of the course it was realy fun and had a little of everything. People realy need to come check these races out.

Bill,
It was good to run into you out at check point 3. I love to remember the good ole Blythe days! Thanks for the memories. See you at the next BOR race.......

BGRANT

Reaction
You too Dave. It is always fun to talk to people about all those old trails out near Blythe. We watched the first bunch of cars come through that RH turn into the dip and the 3' boulder on the outside of the turn jumped in somebody's way right off the bat. (cough, Derek, cough, cough). We ended up heading toward the I80 and followed the train tracks over to the 6 to get back to the pits. Didn't want to kick up a bunch of unnecessary dust. I talked to Alan after the course was cleared and he gave me the OK to do a lap. We did the start to CP1 and it was a blast. I was impressed at how quick Alans crew cleaned up the course.
Cudos to the Gerbers for sure.

QurtysLyn

Reaction
The Gerber's put on a fantastic race! Everything was taken care of, it was great.

PS. Who took out the giant Juniper tree I keep hearing about?

BenStock

Reaction
Who took out the giant Juniper tree I keep hearing about?
Yeah that tree had to leave at least a little mark on someone's vehicle. The tree ended up across the course over a blind hill/curve.

Had a great time in my first race.

Took the wrong route up the steep hill not once but twice. It cost me 45 minutes the first lap and 15 minutes on lap 2. I preran the straight route but got a little confused when I arrived at the hill and decided to take the route that veered to the left with the switchback. Well the tight switchback was too sharp and took all my momentum and killed my rpm's. The final time I went back down the course(knowing no one was immediately behind me) and made it up no problem on the correct line. Big thank you to the guys at the hill helping out and big thank you to the Toyota that pulled me up the first time! I was pretty PO'd at myself but I felt like a learned a lot in my first race.

Thank you to the Gerbers and all the volunteers for putting on a very organized event. Also thank you to the Sams and Blackley's for all the help!

Last edited:

slcpunk74

Reaction
Couldn't offer much help, I did think I had brake fluid somewhere. When I saw you come through at the coral you guys were on it for sure.
It was so dusty through the coral that I had no idea where the road went lol, but the truck ran great for sure.

desrider

Reaction
The definition of a tree as told to me is one that stops the car, so it was decided that it was only a shrub because it didn't stop us only left us with a nice pine scented air freshener in the co drivers lap. It was a great race many thanks to all involved.

Dave1677

Reaction
It was a good time and an excellent coarse. The Gerbers did an excellent job for the first race. I am looking forward to next year. Nice seeing alot of new faces racing.

CGP Co-Dawg

Reaction
They put on a good show. Good to see all the new racers out there. Wish I was in the truck for the new coarse.